Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Rubicon Unlimited EcoDiesel
Hi Everyone,

I'm installing the extended Metal Cloak rear sway bar links. I can't find an assembly illustration showing proper washer placement. It's a small point; but, I would like to do it right.

Does anyone have stock assembly details? (The stock links were removed when the lift was installed by the shop doing the work, and the new links hadn't been shipped with the kit. Otherwise I would mimic what was done stock.)

Thanks,

Jeff
Sponsored

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
With a disclaimer acknowledging that anything is possible, I will suggest that there are not any washers used in the connections between the sway bar links and the sway bar. There are flanges integrated on some of the fasteners, but no loose washers fitted with the OEM sway bar links or, as in the case of the Metalcloak parts installed on my Jeep, the Metalcloak aftermarket sway bar links.

Good luck!

Last edited:

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
Hi Everyone,

I'm installing the extended Metal Cloak rear sway bar links. I can't find an assembly illustration showing proper washer placement. It's a small point; but, I would like to do it right.

Does anyone have stock assembly details? (The stock links were removed when the lift was installed by the shop doing the work, and the new links hadn't been shipped with the kit. Otherwise I would mimic what was done stock.)

Thanks,

Jeff
This help?

Jeep Wrangler JL Assembly Diagram - 2021 JLUR Rear Sway Bar Link 3680D5B4-500C-4AFD-A02A-7037B6BB8273

OP
OP

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Rick,

This help?

Jeep Wrangler JL Assembly Diagram - 2021 JLUR Rear Sway Bar Link 3680D5B4-500C-4AFD-A02A-7037B6BB8273
Thanks for the MC info.

I'm sure none of this is critical... it's hard to tell from the pictures in the MC document which washers were used. I don't have the stock fasteners, so I'll need to come up with something.

Take Care,

Jeff

OP
OP

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Again Rick,

I went to the storage unit where I have the JLUR take-off suspension parts. I have all of the fasteners. I really appreciate how organized the installer was... even putting the stock fasteners that weren't reused into the stock parts during the swap.

Thanks for your input.

Jeff

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jeff2018

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi Rick,

There was one washer for each link on the bolt. On the joint/stud end it appears that no washer was used, only the shoulder on the nut. (The nuts for the bolt end also have a shoulder.)

Thanks for asking.

Jeff

Yellow Cake Kid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Thanks for the follow up.

I went and looked again, with my good glasses, and now can see that the factory "flange bolt" on the lower attachment appears as a bolt and a washer as shown in the MOPAR parts catalogs.

Jeep Wrangler JL Assembly Diagram - 2021 JLUR Rear Sway Bar Link 0a5ba5214b0763ba1d6a81c782dcf159

Thank you.
Sponsored