Sponsored

Asking dealers to not apply dealership stickers / badges?

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Tell the dealer that he can put a dealer brand on your new Jeep but it will cost him $100.00 a month for advertising.
As she was signing the paperwork, the dealer's F&I guy asked my wife why she didn't want the dealer decal & plate frame on her new Honda purchase.

Ignoring the opportunity to keep my big yap shut, I replied with something very similar to what you mention, Gary.

For my trouble, two smirks were directed my way.
Sponsored

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jeep wrangler rubicon diesel
Searched but didn't find a topic...

Question: I'm hoping (praying) I'll finally be taking delivery of my JLUR in early August, but was wondering if it would be considered bad form to ask the dealer to not put their dealership sticker/badge on my special order vehicle.

What do you all say? And from experience do dealerships typically honor the request?

It seems the process to remove these isn't too bad, but I ordered Sting Gray and that flat color has be a little concerned for making a permanent mark if I do something wrong (like letting the hair dryer get it too hot).
Every new vehicle I've ever gotten I've always asked them to keep the dealer decals off. I've never had any pushback from any dealership before. I always say "I don't mind the license plate cover, I just don't like stickers" and they almost always say the same thing "no problem, we get some people just don't like stickers" and so on. It's not an unreasonable request, as someone already said, you're paying a lot of money for YOUR vehicle. Not to advertise their business. Just mention it to your salesperson and I'd be shocked if they were offended or even cared that you requested them to not be on. And again, any time I've asked they have not been applied, but once they were, I pointed it out and they removed them while they detailed the vehicle for delivery. So yes, make the request if you don't want them