Sponsored

Asking dealers to not apply dealership stickers / badges?

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Goof-Off is a powerful & flammable solvent that will damage paint and clear coat, etc. even when thinned. It works, no doubt, but it should be used very carefully and perhaps not on all surfaces.

Best to start with the gentler Goo Gone and proceed from there.
I normally start with cleaner wax, especially new that may do the trick.
Sponsored

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
Searched but didn't find a topic...

Question: I'm hoping (praying) I'll finally be taking delivery of my JLUR in early August, but was wondering if it would be considered bad form to ask the dealer to not put their dealership sticker/badge on my special order vehicle.

What do you all say? And from experience do dealerships typically honor the request?

It seems the process to remove these isn't too bad, but I ordered Sting Gray and that flat color has be a little concerned for making a permanent mark if I do something wrong (like letting the hair dryer get it too hot).
I always get my vehicles without the dealer stickers. Why waste their time (and money) putting them on if I am just going to take them off?!

Philbon

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport altitude

Question: I'm hoping (praying) I'll finally be taking delivery of my JLUR in early August, but was wondering if it would be considered bad form to ask the dealer to not put their dealership sticker/badge on my special order vehicle.

What do you all say? And from experience do dealerships typically honor the request?

It seems the process to remove these isn't too bad, but I ordered Sting Gray and that flat color has be a little concerned for making a permanent mark if I do something wrong (like letting the hair dryer get it too hot).
Absolutely tell them you don’t want it on your Jeep. They definitely should honor that request.

RandomSquirrel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Sport Altitude, 2013 Triumph Rocket3
I didn't even have to ask my dealer about that. My sales guy used to race trucks in the desert and retired from professional rock crawling/off-roading; he told me he saved me some time/effort by not putting on the dealer decal, or using the dealer plate frames. I appreciated that attention to detail, especially since we both are "car guys".

Kata

First Name
Kata
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

I ordered my Jeep JL on 12/27/2017 and received on 2/6/2018 and they didn’t install any stickers to my ride. I think they only do that if they own the Jeep and since you’re special ordering it the Jeep is yours only.

Sponsored

FJL40

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 2dr 6spd
Absolutely you can...and should! Not a insult to the dealer, but stickers can have adverse effects on your paint (sun baking, weathering, salt collection, etc...). With that being said, I would first make the deal, then ask to have them removed when taking delivery...lol. Some places have extremely loyal employees to the dealer name, and can take things personal.

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon Unlimited
I get requests for that kind of stuff, part of the issue is the PDI (pre-delivery inspection) goes through service, during that process the tech applies the window sticker, door edge guards, wheel locks. Then when it goes to detail to get cleaned, they add the frame and the dealer sticker to the back.

I guess in our defense on the dealer side, we have to literally watch for when the truck drops off your Jeep, take the keys and physically hand it off to the service writer and tell them not to add anything to it. To make double sure, we follow the Jeep to the Tech and tell them not to add anything to it and instead of dropping it off to detail when they are done, give it back to me so I can take it to detail and tell them dont add anything to it, just clean it.

When you depend on 3 or more handoffs involving upwards of 5 people touching the vehicle through the process, there are a lot of ways that exactly what you want doesnt happen. In the end its the sales guy's fault. Sometimes its hard to break away from everything else going on to make sure a Jeep goes through the process perfectly, especially if someone is very excited to take delivery.

KDB

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 Door JLR
Vehicle Showcase

I told my dealer no decals, no plate holders, even told them I do not want the front license plate bracket installed at all (state law) and they complied. No worries

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
I get requests for that kind of stuff,..

When you depend on 3 or more handoffs involving upwards of 5 people touching the vehicle through the process, there are a lot of ways that exactly what you want doesn't happen.

In the end its the sales guy's fault.

Sometimes its hard to break away from everything else going on to make sure a Jeep goes through the process perfectly, especially if someone is very excited to take delivery.
I understand and respect your explanation of the multi-layered processing that occurs after a new vehicle comes off the truck.

That said, since you acknowledge being familiar with customers not wanting dealer plates, stickers, etc. affixed to their vehicles, why not suggest to Mgmt. that those baubles not be installed on any vehicle unless the customer explicitly requests it? This policy change would likely go a long way in resolving issues like assignation of fault, bad feelings and the like that occur now.

Just a thought, but this thread makes plain that it's an idea that has traction.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
I asked for no stickers, but still got one. And...you can see by the sloppy application why I didn't want any.

Jeep Wrangler JL Asking dealers to not apply dealership stickers / badges? IMG_0363

Sponsored

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
It’s not their Jeep, it’s yours choice to make publicity for them or not.

For many years I asked them not to put any sticker, I was telling them that if they gave me good service, I would make good publicity for them, and if they didn’t give me good service I would make bad publicity.

I got older and changed a bit, since I’m getting good service from my current dealer, I asked them to put a new sticker on my Jeep since the one I had was getting old and ungly.

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I understand and respect your explanation of the multi-layered processing that occurs after a new vehicle comes off the truck.

That said, since you acknowledge being familiar with customers not wanting dealer plates, stickers, etc. affixed to their vehicles, why not suggest to Mgmt. that those baubles not be installed on any vehicle unless the customer explicitly requests it? This policy change would likely go a long way in resolving issues like assignation of fault, bad feelings and the like that occur now.

Just a thought, but this thread makes plain that it's an idea that has traction.
I agree with what you say. Unfortunately dealership management and ownership operates completely opposite of that. My opinion on anything doesnt matter. They want the adds put on everything and sold to everyone. On a customer order, we generally tell service we dont want any adds at all, and most of the time it happens. However last week, the GM went out and instructed them to put everything on, even if its an order. So then its back on the sales guy again.

TLDR: What the sales guy says to management = 0/10. When customer complains to management, ownership or manufacturer 10/10.

rikity

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I asked for no stickers, but still got one. And...you can see by the sloppy application why I didn't want any.

Jeep Wrangler JL Asking dealers to not apply dealership stickers / badges? IMG_0363
Thats funny, i'm also Rick and also in AZ heheh.

I would actually wonder why the body shop has a sticker on your door. Should you be concerned that it went to the body shop for repair? I mean thats what I would've asked them

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Should you be concerned that it went to the body shop for repair?
I would be, but I picked it up just a few hours after it arrived at Earnhardt. Not enough time (hopefully) to get it to the bodyshop, fix it, and return. I think that it's more of an in-case-you-need-it thing.

CJ7 and 4 wheel drive

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Rubicon
Tell the dealer that he can put a dealer brand on your new Jeep but it will cost him $100.00 a month for advertising.
Sponsored