Sponsored

Asking dealers to not apply dealership stickers / badges?

CMF150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford F-150 2021 SAHARA (that my wife lets me drive on the weekends..sometimes.)
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will offer to take the license plate frames… but on that, and not to change my own subject, but I will have the stock plastic bumpers and live in a state that requires front plates - should I ask them to not put on the front plate and do it myself to insure it is level and centered, or is that really impossible for even the most careless dealer to mess up?

Gosh… my questions look so stupid as I re-read them, but never owned a wrangler before, never owned a car without a factory front license bracket before, and never special ordered a new car before. Thank you all for the insights and information.
If you look closely, there's alreday guides on the front bumper for a plate. They're very faint, they're where they should be. Found them on my wife's and drilled it myself.
Sponsored

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
My dealer does license plate frame. I swap out the front but leave the back because my dealer provides free unlimited car wash and interior cleaning if you have the dealer plate frame. And while you wait , free food, ice cream, beverages and popcorn. Food is pretty good and meal adjusted for bfast and lunch. Kids always want to get the Jeep washed bc of free ice cream. Again, no limit. Open 6 days a week. Pretty small price to pay by just using their dealer plate on the back.
I bought a Ram 2500 from a dealer in Opelousas, LA that did free oil changes for life if you left their decal on the vehicle. If I lived close to there I probably would have left it on, but it was about 100 miles away from my house so it was not worth it to me.

Yogi1956

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited
Clubs

The dealer emblem must be more of a Midwest-east coast practice? We’ve always been in CA for our vehicle purchases and only plate frames have been installed.

Some of the old time plate frames in metal can be collectible but now it’s all plastic.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
@Gladius Nova

And 9 times out of 10, it is the nitwit(s) doing the pre delivery detailing that do the damage to the vehicle.....

i.e. ..... Marring the paint, cutting interior with a box cutter when removing the plastic coverings, drilling holes in the wrong places for the license plate, applying stickers that damage paint, joyriding in the vehicle, etc..

Yup, I tell the Sales Manager and Service Manager to keep all away from my newly delivered vehicle or risk losing the sale. Never had one that did not understand why I felt that way or not com[ly with my wishes........ they know why... and they also do not want to lose a sale.

I also want to know the exact mileage on the vehicle as soon as it rolls off the delivery truck.. I tell them no one demos or joyrides in that vehicle or else..
Absolutely on mileage… i ordered this vehicle. I agreed to the terms, i put down a deposit. No free test drives, where most of the time, proper engine temps are not achieved and the most material deformation occurs. No thank you.

and i have zero qualms about incentivizing/rewarding someone to double/triple check my requests are adhered to. It’s that simple.

but again, sometimes explaining things isnt worth the effort.

Wbino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL H.A. -- 1999 SLK 230
Occupation
Retired
I had that huge tire cover on my spare (which I'm sure isnt cheap) an told the dealer thats the first thing off when I get home....he said please do....😀
Though I might put it on in the winter.......

Sponsored

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered Sting Gray and that flat color has be a little concerned for making a permanent mark if I do something wrong (like letting the hair dryer get it too hot).
I didn't see this addressed. Sting Gray is not a flat finish. Its a non metalic gloss with a clear coat on it. No special concerns about it over any other clear coated paint like Red.

I hope I didn't just dissapoint you thinking you had a flat/matte finish Jeep coming.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
I mean you can pretty much put on the license plate frame when you head for car wash, and take it off as soon as you get home. Probably takes 30 seconds to unscrew and screw.
True but I’m lazy so…. And, Ice cream is not just for kids. (Hence lazy)

Last edited:

GearWhore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Diesel, 1972 Arctic Cat Climber, 2006 Triumph Speed Triple
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Gentleman Explorer
I requested the dealer not install their stickers throughout the ordering and pre-delivery process for our JL. When I got home from the delivery trip (~300 miles) I could see the sticker residue on the tailgate where their sticker had been, but someone wisely caught it before my wife saw.

whiterubicon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
I requested they not put one on my Jeep - and they didn't. I also requested they not put on the Mercedes GLC 300 I just bought and they didn't. There is no dealership out there that should have a problem with this - it is your car and not their bulletin board for advertising. Don't feel bad about it, you paid for it and should be able to decide what stickers go on it.

liquids

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 1968 CJ5
I always ask and they always say it's no prob.

Sponsored

OP
OP
webwbr

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
I didn't see this addressed. Sting Gray is not a flat finish. Its a non metalic gloss with a clear coat on it. No special concerns about it over any other clear coated paint like Red.

I hope I didn't just dissapoint you thinking you had a flat/matte finish Jeep coming.
my bad… matte was the wrong terminology, thanks for mentioning it though.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Mine came with them when I picked it up. I asked them to take them off and they did.

kmmn

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 80th Anniversary EcoDiesel, 2013 JK Sport & 2014 JK Sport
The last couple of vehicles I bought had a disclaimer that the buyer signed about the emblem (could be a local thing), but it shouldn't be a problem for them to leave it off. If it's already on, it will come off pretty easily and I doubt it will leave much adhesive residue (Goof-Off if it does). It takes a while for the paint to fade, so you'll be fine.

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
Wow….is it really that serious? You do know that 9 times out of 10, it’s the detailing/prep shop that doesn’t get the message.
Besides the "no dealer emblem" instructions I also said no front plate bracket. My dealer services the metro KS & MO (Kansas City) area. MO requires two plates while KS only the rear. Since I'm in KS the no bracket up front was VERY important to me. Had they screwed that up I would have refused the Jeep unless they put a new bumper on it with no holes.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
...I doubt it will leave much adhesive residue (Goof-Off if it does).
Goof-Off is a powerful & flammable solvent that will damage paint and clear coat, etc. even when thinned. It works, no doubt, but it should be used very carefully and perhaps not on all surfaces.

Best to start with the gentler Goo Gone and proceed from there.
Sponsored