Sponsored

Asking dealers to not apply dealership stickers / badges?

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I’m old enough to remember when dealers actually drilled holes into your brand-spanking-new sheet metal to mount their nickel-plated nameplate.

Usually that was the first spot where rust would appear...! 😫

1626799571997.jpeg

Gawd those things were hideous! I’m glad those days are over.

Today you can’t even find a tech with good enough aim to drill two straight holes for the license plate...
I remember those as well….lol
Sponsored

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Point blank with every car ive ordered: “you badge and/or plate it, deals off.”

not an unreasonable request.

im working with my sales person to intercept the pdi checklist to remove all the interior prep, and just do mechanical portions. Im a picky sonfa’bish. 😇

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Wow….is it really that serious? You do know that 9 times out of 10, it’s the detailing/prep shop that doesn’t get the message.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I remember those as well….lol
I’ve been to Everson, Washington; pop. 2,700. This is perhaps the most enduring thing to ever come out of there:
Jeep Wrangler JL Asking dealers to not apply dealership stickers / badges? 1626801708862

Check out those rivet holes! :facepalm: :LOL: 🤪

Last edited:

Sponsored

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Wow….is it really that serious? You do know that 9 times out of 10, it’s the detailing/prep shop that doesn’t get the message.
Yep… no point in wasting time and effort undoing someone else’s half-ass job. Just let me take care of it. Sorry to hurt ‘your feelings.’ 😇

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy

not an unreasonable request.

im working with my sales person to intercept the pdi checklist to remove all the interior prep, and just do mechanical portions. Im a picky sonfa’bish. 😇
I do the this, also. I am polite and firm but do get the point across to the stealership.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I don’t buy from dealers that do this. I go elsewhere.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Gladius Nova

And 9 times out of 10, it is the nitwit(s) doing the pre delivery detailing that do the damage to the vehicle.....

i.e. ..... Marring the paint, cutting interior with a box cutter when removing the plastic coverings, drilling holes in the wrong places for the license plate, applying stickers that damage paint, joyriding in the vehicle, etc..

Yup, I tell the Sales Manager and Service Manager to keep all away from my newly delivered vehicle or risk losing the sale. Never had one that did not understand why I felt that way or not com[ly with my wishes........ they know why... and they also do not want to lose a sale.

I also want to know the exact mileage on the vehicle as soon as it rolls off the delivery truck.. I tell them no one demos or joyrides in that vehicle or else..

moniquehun

First Name
Monique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Searched but didn't find a topic...

Question: I'm hoping (praying) I'll finally be taking delivery of my JLUR in early August, but was wondering if it would be considered bad form to ask the dealer to not put their dealership sticker/badge on my special order vehicle.

What do you all say? And from experience do dealerships typically honor the request?

It seems the process to remove these isn't too bad, but I ordered Sting Gray and that flat color has be a little concerned for making a permanent mark if I do something wrong (like letting the hair dryer get it too hot).
That's a form of advertisement you have the right to ask them not to apply any or pay you to advertise. Normally its just the plate holder.

Sponsored

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Yep… no point in wasting time and effort undoing someone else’s half-ass job. Just let me take care of it. Sorry to hurt ‘your feelings.’ 😇
I don't know you and you aren't hurting my feelings...I just don't see the logic of probably passing up a "good deal" just because some 19 year old in the prep shop does his job by putting the dealer sticker/label on a new car because no one told him otherwise. But whatever.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
I do the this, also. I am polite and firm but do get the point across to the stealership.
Same… They have to understand.
I don't know you and you aren't hurting my feelings...I just don't see the logic of probably passing up a "good deal" just because some 19 year old in the prep shop does his job by putting the dealer sticker/label on a new car because no one told him otherwise. But whatever.
you ever tell your kids… dont do this or else… but really are just driving a point home?? Its kind of like that.

and it’s all in how you ask.

btw, i tip my sales people at the end. You likely dontdo that, but i do, because i know exceed expectations.

also the 19yr old gets 30 min break to not grind a dirty microfiber towel on acrylic 😂

dmen

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Willys
They are super easy to just peel off with your fingers and then the adhesive wipes off with a little WD40 on a paper towel.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Same… They have to understand.

you ever tell your kids… dont do this or else… but really are just driving a point home?? Its kind of like that.

and it’s all in how you ask.

btw, i tip my sales people at the end. You likely dontdo that, but i do, because i know exceed expectations.

also the 19yr old gets 30 min break to not grind a dirty microfiber towel on acrylic 😂
Like I said, I don't know you and you don't know me, so you don't know "what I likely don't do". You're giving off a vibe that you think of yourself as being "better" just because you tip the sales people.

So by your logic, you need to tell ALL your kids "don't do this or else", because if you pick and choose who you tell that too, you can't hold ALL of them accountable for the same consequences....correct?

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
Like I said, I don't know you and you don't know me, so you don't know "what I likely don't do". You're giving off a vibe that you think of yourself as being "better" just because you tip the sales people.

So by your logic, you need to tell ALL your kids "don't do this or else", because if you pick and choose who you tell that too, you can't hold ALL of them accountable for the same consequences....correct?
Like the man (or maybe woman) said… i dont know.
Sponsored