Sponsored

Asking dealers to not apply dealership stickers / badges?

JeepDave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2D Sport, V6, Manual Transmission
I asked my dealer to leave the stickers off and they said sure no problem. But of course they put it on anyway. It peeled right off when I got home, no special tools or solvents, just rolled the edge and pulled it off.
Sponsored

FLjeeper

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon JLU
I got lucky, they never considered putting them on mine. It is certainly not unreasonable to ask as everyone has mentioned here. As far as the front plate goes, it depends if you trust them to do the work. I'm not 100% sure I would even though it seems hard to screw up. Florida doesn't have that law however so we don't need the front plate. It seems though, if you're buying in a state that requires it, they would make sure you are legal before you leave the lot.

Pegleg

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
Occupation
Vice President - Woburn Sportsmen's Association
In MA we have state inspections every year. We bought off the lot and the sticker was already on. The dealer had also put on a spare tire cover with their name and logo. The dealer indicated that if we left the sticker and spare tire cover on they would give us free inspection stickers each year.

The spare tire cover was removed as soon as we bought a replacement and the sticker was removed the first time I dropped the Jepp off to get it detailed and told them to remove the sticker.

Irish Creig

First Name
Creig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Unlimited
Searched but didn't find a topic...

Question: I'm hoping (praying) I'll finally be taking delivery of my JLUR in early August, but was wondering if it would be considered bad form to ask the dealer to not put their dealership sticker/badge on my special order vehicle.

What do you all say? And from experience do dealerships typically honor the request?

It seems the process to remove these isn't too bad, but I ordered Sting Gray and that flat color has be a little concerned for making a permanent mark if I do something wrong (like letting the hair dryer get it too hot).
My Dad always said when he went to pick up a new vehicle from the dealership and when he saw dealership badges and or stickers (even the license plate frame) he'd say to them, "are you paying me to advertise for your dealership everyday?" Of course they'd say no and he'd tell them in no uncertain terms, take off your advertising on my vehicle!

Bulletbill

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Lol, I asked repeatedly to not put a dealer sticker on. They swore they wouldnā€™t. I drove it home and noticed one hidden on the back swing gate, drivers side. Glad I caught it early because it came off fairly easily.

Iā€™m not sure they can help them selves. Probably part of the prep when preparing it for the customer to drive home. If they put one on, just get it off fast so it doesnā€™t bond with the clear coat.

Sponsored

Twojayhawks

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Occupation
business owner
I ordered my sting gray JL & had no guilt instructing them no dealer emblem. My Wrangler Altitude is all black/gray and their chrome dealer emblem would have stuck out like a boner in church.

TIPOVR

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys EcoDiesel
I asked them not too, they did anyway (not my sales reps fault was the detailing crew), but they had just put it on so popped right off. I told them to not put their license plate bracket on as well.

TrailScooter

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Jt, 91 F1504x4 and so on...
damn, I couldn't even get them to leave of that tire shine. :facepalm:

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will offer to take the license plate framesā€¦ but on that, and not to change my own subject, but I will have the stock plastic bumpers and live in a state that requires front plates - should I ask them to not put on the front plate and do it myself to insure it is level and centered, or is that really impossible for even the most careless dealer to mess up?

Goshā€¦ my questions look so stupid as I re-read them, but never owned a wrangler before, never owned a car without a factory front license bracket before, and never special ordered a new car before. Thank you all for the insights and information.
When I picked up my new Raptor, I told them no pink Autonation license plate frames! They obliged.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
My dealer does license plate frame. I swap out the front but leave the back because my dealer provides free unlimited car wash and interior cleaning if you have the dealer plate frame. And while you wait , free food, ice cream, beverages and popcorn. Food is pretty good and meal adjusted for bfast and lunch. Kids always want to get the Jeep washed bc of free ice cream. Again, no limit. Open 6 days a week. Pretty small price to pay by just using their dealer plate on the back.

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Searched but didn't find a topic...

I'm hoping (praying) I'll finally be taking delivery of my JLUR in early August, but was wondering if it would be considered bad form to ask the dealer to not put their dealership sticker/badge on my special order vehicle.
Here's a concurrent discussion on the subject.

No, isn't bad form to ask the dealer to not place their advertising on your vehicle. My policy is to tell them not to do so. When I took delivery of my new JLU, I had already directed my salesman to not send the vehicle through the prep process. The seat plastic and other protective shipping materials were removed, safety and emission inspection stickers were affixed to the windscreen, and a full tank of fuel was provided. That was it, and that was reasonable.

I attended to all post-facto tidying up, etc. after I pulled into my garage. Exactly as I wanted to do.

I had previously confirmed with the Sales Mgr. that the free lifetime safety inspection benefit was not contingent upon my having the plastic dealer plate frame affixed to my vehicle. That frame was in the back seat, and was promptly discarded when I got home.

rubiRI77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon two door. 2.0 Turbo.
Itā€™s your car, that you are spending a lot of money to buy. Itā€™s completely reasonable to request no dealership stickers. What I usually do is say no dealer stickers but I am ok with license plate holders (which I take off later). This makes them feel they still get some advertisement. Have done this with several vehicles and never had any issue whatsoever.
This. Exactly.

Col_Sanders

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I've noticed some lots put their badge or decals on the vehicles as soon as they get them. Others wait until they sell. If its the latter, I ask them not to put on anything on the vehicle. A license plate frame is no big deal. I'll just toss it in the trash when I install the permanent plate.

I usually remove most badges and door guards off my vehicles if they have them. Decals come right off with a 3M decal removal wheel on a drill. Emblems or door guards you can just pry them off or run some fishing line behind them like floss, then use the wheel on the residue. Peels it right off and does not damage the paint. Just be sure to wax it afterwards.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m old enough to remember when dealers actually drilled holes into your brand-spanking-new sheet metal to mount their nickel-plated nameplate.

Usually that was the first spot where rust would appear...! šŸ˜«

Jeep Wrangler JL Asking dealers to not apply dealership stickers / badges? 1626799571997

Gawd those things were hideous! Iā€™m glad those days are over.

Today you canā€™t even find a tech with good enough aim to drill two straight holes for the license plate...

plex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Weekend keyboard mechanic and beer drinker
Vehicle Showcase
My dealer does license plate frame. I swap out the front but leave the back because my dealer provides free unlimited car wash and interior cleaning if you have the dealer plate frame. And while you wait , free food, ice cream, beverages and popcorn. Food is pretty good and meal adjusted for bfast and lunch. Kids always want to get the Jeep washed bc of free ice cream. Again, no limit. Open 6 days a week. Pretty small price to pay by just using their dealer plate on the back.
I mean you can pretty much put on the license plate frame when you head for car wash, and take it off as soon as you get home. Probably takes 30 seconds to unscrew and screw.
Sponsored