Sponsored

Asking dealers to not apply dealership stickers / badges?

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Searched but didn't find a topic...

Question: I'm hoping (praying) I'll finally be taking delivery of my JLUR in early August, but was wondering if it would be considered bad form to ask the dealer to not put their dealership sticker/badge on my special order vehicle.

What do you all say? And from experience do dealerships typically honor the request?

It seems the process to remove these isn't too bad, but I ordered Sting Gray and that flat color has be a little concerned for making a permanent mark if I do something wrong (like letting the hair dryer get it too hot).
Sponsored

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
It’s your car, that you are spending a lot of money to buy. It’s completely reasonable to request no dealership stickers. What I usually do is say no dealer stickers but I am ok with license plate holders (which I take off later). This makes them feel they still get some advertisement. Have done this with several vehicles and never had any issue whatsoever.

RELBUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 TJ , 22 JLURXR 392
I regularly tell the dealer please do not install any of your stickers or badges. Plate frames are cool, because I can just pull those off. They failed to communicate this with my last purchase to someone and they installed a badge. It was just a domed decal and I removed it while I was looking at the Jeep and inspecting it in front of the sales guy

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

No issues. Gupton had put a small decal on mine and I just asked politely for them to remove it while we did paperwork. No biggie, removed quickly.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
If a dealer has a problem taking a badge off for you, then just take it off yourself when you get home. Just some 3M adhesive remover, dental floss, and elbow grease. Use a heat gun if your a bit more adventurous.

OP
OP
webwbr

webwbr

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Sting Gray
Occupation
Amateur Cynic/Professional Skeptic
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will offer to take the license plate frames… but on that, and not to change my own subject, but I will have the stock plastic bumpers and live in a state that requires front plates - should I ask them to not put on the front plate and do it myself to insure it is level and centered, or is that really impossible for even the most careless dealer to mess up?

Gosh… my questions look so stupid as I re-read them, but never owned a wrangler before, never owned a car without a factory front license bracket before, and never special ordered a new car before. Thank you all for the insights and information.

Creeker

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, 2020 JLR
Build Thread
Link
On four vehicles, requested no stickers, emblems etc. on the vehicle when delivered.

Twice there were stickers.
The dealerships removed the stickers before I took delivery.

Just be polite, and most dealerships are willing to accommodate.

Last edited:

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I just remove mine when I get home. A little heat followed by alcohol to clean up the glue residue. 5 minutes.

Sponsored

CT_LFC

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC90 / JLUR
When we bought our WK2 from our local dealer we kept the dealer badge since it's a nice sail boat and we're a beach/water family, but when we picked up the JL it had a larger rectangular badge that was pretty ugly so just removed it. I believe i used hair dryer, floss and adhesive remover and was done in a few minutes.

There are dealers that use a decal that looks worse and may be harder to rid of.

JBean42

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Acura TLX A-Spec; 2020 Chevy Silverado
When I ordered my JLU in June, I asked the dealer NOT to apply front license plate, since they have to drill directly through the stock plastic bumper. I have a new bumper waiting at home with a bracket which I will install - but then I have the in-tact plastic bumper if ever need to take back down to stock for whatever reason.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Thanks for the replies everyone. I will offer to take the license plate frames… but on that, and not to change my own subject, but I will have the stock plastic bumpers and live in a state that requires front plates - should I ask them to not put on the front plate and do it myself to insure it is level and centered, or is that really impossible for even the most careless dealer to mess up?

Gosh… my questions look so stupid as I re-read them, but never owned a wrangler before, never owned a car without a factory front license bracket before, and never special ordered a new car before. Thank you all for the insights and information.
Looks like there are dimples in the stock bumper for them to line it up with, hopefully they wouldn't mess that up.
Jeep Wrangler JL Asking dealers to not apply dealership stickers / badges? 1626786935634

There are some aftermarket license plate mounts that don't drill into the front of the bumper, like: https://www.quadratec.com/p/stonsho...-gladiator-jt/plastic-bumper-overland-rubicon

If you think you may possibly move to a state that doesn't require them, it's nice to not have to replace the bumper cover to get rid of it.

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
In the past 20 plus years I have never purchased a vehicle that had decals/stickers on then for there dealership name etc., all had license plate frames which are easily discarded if not wanted. I worked at a Chevrolet dealership for some 35 years and back in the day we installed metal dealer name plates by drilling holes and screwing on, this caused rust and finally Chevrolet ask we not drill holes and use decals. Due note this was before double sticky tape and the plastic stick on type.

Trainman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Willys 2dr
Texas is a state that requires a front license plate, yes you will get ticketed for not having one. I will say that it can depend on the officer and how he views your situation if you get a ticket, or not.
Sponsored