Sponsored

Asking a dealer to match lower price when order is already placed?

wantingtobuyonetouch

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018-2020 Wrangler w One Touch Roof
I know, I know.... stupid question. I just wanted to ask, can I ask the dealer who I bought the car from (waiting on it to be build already put down deposit) to match a lower price I got? It is $550 less....
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I know, I know.... stupid question. I just wanted to ask, can I ask the dealer who I bought the car from (waiting on it to be build already put down deposit) to match a lower price I got? It is $550 less....
Can't hurt to ask. What's the worst that will happen - they say no?

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I agree with jludave on that one. If you are dealing with the kind of people that would flip out and screw you over for asking something like that, you gave your deposit to the wrong dealer.

OP
OP

wantingtobuyonetouch

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018-2020 Wrangler w One Touch Roof
I agree with jludave on that one. If you are dealing with the kind of people that would flip out and screw you over for asking something like that, you gave your deposit to the wrong dealer.
I understand that, I just don't want to be that ahole who's trying to renege a deal (in their mind), just trying to get the best deal. Heck just toss in free shipping and I'll be happy.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

SouthCo

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Billet Silver Sahara
Bottom line is they are making money no matter how good of a deal you think you got. If not they would not be in business long... So go ahead and ask for them to match. Maybe they say no, maybe they say yes. Maybe they meet you in the middle or offer something else. It doesn't hurt to ask, but I'd ask now. Don't wait for it to come in...

bigbaozi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
I understand that, I just don't want to be that ahole who's trying to renege a deal (in their mind), just trying to get the best deal. Heck just toss in free shipping and I'll be happy.
It's business, not charity. If you've found a better deal, push for them to match it. Just be careful you don't get hosed on your deposit.
Sponsored