Asfir skid plates

Redrubi21

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL rubicon
So I got my engine and transfer case skid plate and Install them today. It is an excellent product. Shipping was very quick and packaging was amazing. Install would’ve been very easy if I had a lift but on the ground was kind of rough. That stupid nut on a stick to go inside of the frame rail was a little tough
Only thing I don’t understand is the crossmember does not get reinstalled. Kind of curious if this will be an issue. Does anybody else have this in one of the same thing?
Overall I would have to say very good quality and recommend
Sponsored

swflfireguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Vehicle Showcase
I have the same one for my 2.0 Overall I am very happy with it, it's protected me from some highway debris a few times. I remove it for an oil change since there's no way in hell that I could change the oil and filter without making a huge mess, but that's just my refined skillset, haha.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
The skid plate is the new crossmember on my MORE belly pan.
I am talking about this crossmember
Jeep Wrangler JL Asfir skid plates crossmember deleted

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR
I have the same skid (and etorque skid) but my garage isn't heated, and even using a portable...that concrete is cold. Install will be this spring.

EagleJL

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2dr Sarge Green Willys
Occupation
UPS
I was looking at their skids. Added a skidplate to my cart. $251 for shipping! Is that right and how long did shipping take?

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I am looking at them for Diesel skids, but the shipping is a killer for a whole set. they seem well made, look forward to seeing how people like them.

sam0329

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon
I ordered their oil pan skin plate and I am from Canada. Their shipping was really really fast! They DHL to me in less than 2 weeks! Faster than any company than I deal with local or from US! Do not have a chance to install it yet but the quality looks good to me.

OP
OP

Redrubi21

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL rubicon
I ordered their oil pan skin plate and I am from Canada. Their shipping was really really fast! They DHL to me in less than 2 weeks! Faster than any company than I deal with local or from US! Do not have a chance to install it yet but the quality looks good to me.
Excellent quality. Happy with them.

Sponsored

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase
Those with the ASFIR skids have you been able to trail rate them yet? How have they held up?

tecnic1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Those with the ASFIR skids have you been able to trail rate them yet? How have they held up?
They don't get hit very often at all. I'm hitting lower shock mounts and the front diff way before I hit the engine skid.

So really, they are there "just in case", and for that, they work great.

ASFIR4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JK, JL, Gladiator
I was looking at their skids. Added a skidplate to my cart. $251 for shipping! Is that right and how long did shipping take?
Hi! It's been a while since you posted this but if this can help you or others i'm happy :)

In any case, shipping at asfir.com is 50% discounted. When at checkout, look for the Discount line in your cart and you'll see the shipping discount is updated automatically.

What products were you looking for?

If there's still something we can help with, we'll be happy to help here or at [email protected]

Best,
Reut @ ASFIR

ASFIR4X4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TJ, JK, JL, Gladiator
I am looking at them for Diesel skids, but the shipping is a killer for a whole set. they seem well made, look forward to seeing how people like them.
Thank you!
Don't forget to use JLing5 at checkout for an extra 5% off our JL products!

Reut @ ASFIR

Jarg1

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 1997 911 (aka 993), 2021 Telsa 3
Occupation
Jeep modder, among other things.
Hi, just a heads up to let you know that I was not able to mount the ASFIR engine and gearbox skid plate because of clearance issues with my Rough Country differential skids. No fault of ASFIR, just not a good combination. Too bad as I really like the idea of the low weight coverage. The ASFIR transfer case skid plate went on easily.
Sponsored