Asfir 4x4 oil pan/transmission skid installed

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Finally crawled under my Jeep to see what I really needed. I didn’t previously realize all the skids other than the one the OP bought we’re just replacements of factory skids.

I now have just the same one skid on order from ASFIR, and I’m very excited to get it! In the future if I like this one and weight becomes an issue the skids seem like a great easy way to save some

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
How difficult is it doing an oil change after this is installed?
Just a lowly 2.0 owner coming in but I have the ASFIR skid as well. Oil changes are a bit more difficult with it because it will pour out when emptying but when it drizzled it will go all over the top of the skid. I bought a Valvomax that extends the drain out past the skid when it's used.

joegrasse

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Red JLUR
Just a lowly 2.0 owner coming in but I have the ASFIR skid as well. Oil changes are a bit more difficult with it because it will pour out when emptying but when it drizzled it will go all over the top of the skid. I bought a Valvomax that extends the drain out past the skid when it's used.
Do you happen to have a picture of the setup? How far past the skid does it extend it? Wouldn’t that increase the chances of that getting hit by something?

Sponsored

REDSEAL199

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Highaltitude 4xe
I took delivery of my 4xe in September and inquired if anything they had fit, they quickly responded that they were getting a 4xe to test fit/mock up for skids. They just released the 4xe skids.
Installation was easy even doing it alone. No issues and everything lined up and cleared everything. On the drive into work this morning I didn't hear any weird noises or anything rubbing/creaking. I'm very pleased. If I were to replace any of the OE skids I would definitely go with Asfir 4x4 again.
I have the same set but been waiting for warmer weather to install. How long did it take you install by chance?

OP
OP
Grimmjpr

Grimmjpr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I have the same set but been waiting for warmer weather to install. How long did it take you install by chance?
I took my time and I was installing it alone, its not heavy at all but a little awkward till you get one of the bolts started. I think it took less than an hour......its a rather simple install. I'm slightly joking but it took almost as long to unbox it, Asfir sure knows how to package something......I wish every company packed items that well.

REDSEAL199

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I took my time and I was installing it alone, its not heavy at all but a little awkward till you get one of the bolts started. I think it took less than an hour......its a rather simple install. I'm slightly joking but it took almost as long to unbox it, Asfir sure knows how to package something......I wish every company packed items that well.
I would agree. Super happy with the quality.

Sponsored

REDSEAL199

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m really interested in hearing more about the Asfir system. Shipping to my door I can get the fuel tank skid, engine & gear skid, transfer case skid, and rear battery skid for <1200. It’s not a fully belly pan but covers a lot and is 1k less than the next options. Problem is I can find much in way or reviews especially with the 4xe and after use.

I’m still learning a lot about what I need to protect and what is overkill. So for my questions (open to anyone not just OP). I don’t plan on super difficult trails, but moderately hard trails will be probable.

1) what else you add or take away from those skids?
2) does this go over current fuel tank skid or do I get to remove saving weight?
3) stock install seems fine, what about a small lift 4” or less? (Thinking ahead to possible MC GC 2.5 or 3.5 meaning new drive shaft and all)
I haven't gone off road since installing mine but the quality is top notch! Install was easy but instructions were lacking. They def are cheaper than anyone else I could find. Heck the salesman even emailed me on a Sunday to let me know the skids had shipped!

Naylia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Finally crawled under my Jeep to see what I really needed. I didn’t previously realize all the skids other than the one the OP bought we’re just replacements of factory skids.

I now have just the same one skid on order from ASFIR, and I’m very excited to get it! In the future if I like this one and weight becomes an issue the skids seem like a great easy way to save some
I just was under there and had the same realization. Am I crazy in thinking that all we need is the Engine and Gear skid plate, and some front/rear differential protection to actually be pretty well protected, at least for the critical components? We seem to have already have full skids down both sides in the rear. I was thinking that skidding up was gonna be $2000+ but this is like

Engine & Gear Skid - Asfir - $271
Differential Covers - ARB - $179*2

or MetalCloak has a differential skid/cover combo around the same price/slightly cheaper for the front?

Is there something that is more exposed that I'm not seeing and should be covering before the front/rear differentials?

@Grimmjpr You happy with how skids have worked out since your install?

Last edited:

jthoms1

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Grab a Fumoto drain valve and tube from them. It works like a charm...attach the tube....snake it down to the oil pan...open the valve and go. There are a few versions to choose from. https://www.fumotousa.com/f-106.html

Mgg253

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
I just was under there and had the same realization. Am I crazy in thinking that all we need is the Engine and Gear skid plate, and some front/rear differential protection to actually be pretty well protected, at least for the critical components? We seem to have already have full skids down both sides in the rear. I was thinking that skidding up was gonna be $2000+ but this is like

Engine & Gear Skid - Asfir - $271
Differential Covers - ARB - $179*2

or MetalCloak has a differential skid/cover combo around the same price/slightly cheaper for the front?

Is there something that is more exposed that I'm not seeing and should be covering before the front/rear differentials?

@Grimmjpr You happy with how skids have worked out since your install?
I don’t see a bunch more needed, and think you got it covered unless you’re doing some serious rock crawling
Sponsored