Asfir 4x4 oil pan/transmission skid installed

MassMopar

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JT Mojave, 23 JLR
Jeep Wrangler JL Asfir 4x4 oil pan/transmission skid installed noname (20)
Received our skid in less than a week! Installed tonight. Very happy with the quality and thickness, install was pretty straightforward, though a 1/2" U-joint socket adapter came in handy. We'll see how it holds up!

What was interesting was after I ordered it, I got a confirmation email, then MY WIFE got a "thanks for visiting our website" email despite never providing her email address during the ordering process .... I guess ASFIR is sniffing cookies for contact info?? Good thing I told her I ordered it and it wasn't a surprise lol

Jeep Wrangler JL Asfir 4x4 oil pan/transmission skid installed noname (19)

Jeep Wrangler JL Asfir 4x4 oil pan/transmission skid installed noname (18)

Zoopy123

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Occupation
Media Services
Received our skid in less than a week! Installed tonight. Very happy with the quality and thickness, install was pretty straightforward, though a 1/2" U-joint socket adapter came in handy. We'll see how it holds up!

What was interesting was after I ordered it, I got a confirmation email, then MY WIFE got a "thanks for visiting our website" email despite never providing her email address during the ordering process .... I guess ASFIR is sniffing cookies for contact info?? Good thing I told her I ordered it and it wasn't a surprise lol

Looks great, been eyeing the same protection for my Gecko ever since I went off roading awhile back with Baystate Jeepers and really smashed my rig on some rocks. But what's been holding me back is the wife saying "no more jeep purchases!" haha. Funny that they emailed your wife... I will have to order it in Private Mode to avoid that :)

dpwracing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Wrangler Rubicon X 4xe
For those thinking about this on 2024's - it looks like the catalytic converter size may have increased as it was interfering with the mounting of the left side bracket. I let Asfir know, but they told me they won't have a 24 to check until probably next year. Going to hold onto the skid and hopefully get an updated mounting bracket.

Sponsored

civilizedgrit

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Unlimited
Occupation
retired RN
Just installed this on my 21; if you aren't installing on a lift, it definitely helps to jack the driver's side; it lets the upper control arm drop that little bit to give the clearance necessary for that bracket.

It is a robust piece, glad it is aluminum for the weight savings. However, the front brackets do only mount to the frame with a single bolt apiece (and not grade 8, either); wondering if that is going to be a weak link?

Zoopy123

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe Sahara
Occupation
Media Services
Finally got my skid plate, any videos or tutorials to install this thing? I'm surprised it didn't come with very good instructions...

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
Did you get it installed yet? I have a 4xe rubi and am looking at the Asfir plates. They do have install videos on Youtube.

Slate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'97 Wrangler Sport, '23 Rubi 4XE
Yes!

If you are painting the skids, sand them to roughen the surface, and start with a self-etching primer. In general, paint doesn’t like adhering to aluminum. I used Rustoleum Self-Etching Primer. However, there really is no need to paint them at all.

I watched the following two videos which were a big help. The second video doesn’t show that the ASFIR transfer case skid plate goes directly over the existing stock transfer case skid plate.

The instructions show the front four bolts (where the primary skid plate attaches to the hanging brackets) with the nut facing outwards. As you can see from the first video, this will cause the bolt end to come in contact with the differential. Easy fix is to have the bolt head on the outside instead.

The middle two bolts on the engine/transmission skid have clips for them to screw into. It’s not immediately apparent from the instructions or the video how this works. The crossbar they attach to has a series of holes. You have to slide the clips in on the crossbar from one of the adjacent holes. It reaches just far enough to line up correctly with the bolt. Sorry if that is confusing. It’s hard to describe.

Hope this helps…
Found this on another post - they are over a year old though, and don't think it is 4xe specific though.

evo8904

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram/ Wrangler soon
Installed this a few days. Not bad, did it in my driveway without jacking it up.
Sponsored