Sponsored

As of Nov 29th the 2.0L has recall ZD8 for the coolant inlet fasteners.

Sarge21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sarge
Nothing comes up for my '21 manufactured 1/21 yet. I bought some loctite to do it myself but those bolts are hard to get to.
Sponsored

OP
OP
jmr

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
I actually tightened mine a few months ago and they are a pain to tighten. I feel for the tech...hope they do it right.

Chupacabra

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
Just checked, mine says there is no current recall. Very early build 2021 2.0T. I have checked the bolts myself and they seem pretty snug.

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

Has anyone tried to do this themselves? I tend to do all maintenance work (have not needed repairs, yet) and would prefer not having to visit the dealership if possible. 🙄

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmr

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
I’ve tightened them although they really we not loose and I’ve got almost 12k miles. What’s odd is my 2019 Cherokee had the same 2.0l Hurricane engine made in Trenton MI and it had 0 issues at 32k miles until I traded it . The Italian made 2.0l not so much. It would be interesting to find out where in the manufacturing process those screws get installed.

DeskDrummin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
We just had our vehicle overheat while driving on the highway forcing a shutdown. Got it towed back to dealership and they fixed pursuant to the "recall". $400 in towing fees later (NYS Thruway has quite the rate requirements), but hopefully all fixed now.

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
My '22 4xe (built early Feb '22) is listed. Dealership says they have the parts (which isn't surprising, it's just loctite and perhaps new bolts) and I'm scheduled for Dec 28.

No coolant drips or issues yet ... though I only have about 3800 miles on the truck at this point.

Has anyone tried to do this themselves? I tend to do all maintenance work (have not needed repairs, yet) and would prefer not having to visit the dealership if possible. 🙄
The only issue with doing it yourself, even if you feel confident you can do the work, is that your VIN will still be marked as having a repair campaign that hasn't been completed. Something to explain when you go to sell the truck later is all.

Last edited:

SoCal JLUS

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 2.0T
Clubs

My '22 4xe (built early Feb '22) is listed. Dealership says they have the parts (which isn't surprising, it's just loctite and perhaps new bolts) and I'm scheduled for Dec 28.

No coolant drips or issues yet ... though I only have about 3800 miles on the truck at this point.

The only issue with doing it yourself, even if you feel confident you can do the work, is that your VIN will still be marked as having a repair campaign that hasn't been completed. Something to explain when you go to sell the truck later is all.
Hadn't thought of that (even though I have no current plans to sell my Jeep! ) lol.

leeshuming

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4xe Tuscadero
This is from Jeep app.

Finally have parts for Z71.
"Parts unavailable" for ZB7.

I guess I will wait a little before bringing it in to the dealer.

March 22 Rubicon 4xe

Screenshot_20221214-081030.png

Sponsored

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
Yes, that’s what every single one of these should have done to them.
I ordered a 2.0 and asked my dealer to include this in the PDI. She didn't seem aware that there was a problem with the water pump bolts so she put a note on my order for their techs to double check the bolts on the water pump.

OP
OP
jmr

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
Today I dropped off the JL to have the ZD8 recall done and also replace a leaking rear shock.
The service writer said that they have had a few of the ZD8's done recently and some were loose.
Before all of this I tightened them on my own but it will be better to have loctite on the fasteners and mark the recall complete.

martoaj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Sahara 4XE
This is from Jeep app.

Finally have parts for Z71.
"Parts unavailable" for ZB7.

I guess I will wait a little before bringing it in to the dealer.

March 22 Rubicon 4xe
Same info is available from the Mopar owner site. The ZB7 recall isn't going to have an official notice sent to owners until January, and an unknown period after that for parts availability. For Z71, the recall was "announced" in October and parts didn't come available until early Dec ... and my dealer still says it doesn't have them.

If you have the ability to take in your truck for the other recall and campaign, might as well do it; not really advisable to wait another 1-2 months to theoretically be able to do all 3 at once. It may seem a little backwards, but I'm most concerned about the campaign; dumping coolant is a day wrecker.

OP
OP
jmr

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
I got the JL back from the dealer today they were backed up and kept it overnight.
They performed recall ZD8 (Loctite on the 2 water pump inlet screws). It's listed as a recall not a campaign on the paperwork.

My original issue of the leaking rear shock they ordered a replacement shock which is 2 to 3 weeks out. I also had them check the front LCA bolt torque because I did the Mopar LCA swap and didn't have a torque wrench that goes to 190 ft lbs.

Reactions: J0E

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
I saw the ZD8 campaign notice last weekend for my '22 2.0 JLUR on the Mopar site. Stopped by my dealer Monday. Got it done this morning. Took just under an hour from drop off to driving out. Easy peasy. No hassle from dealer.

Didn't have any leaks, with near 24K miles on the clock but just wanted to get it done before I got stranded somewhere.
Sponsored