Sponsored

As of Nov 29th the 2.0L has recall ZD8 for the coolant inlet fasteners.

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
I made a appointment at my dealer to replace a leaking right rear shock.
The service writer said there is a recall for the 2.0L water pump elbow screws.

Campaign ZD8 for model year 2021 - 2022 Coolant inlet fasteners may become loose and allow coolant to leak. Recall notice: Nov 29

Update: 12/19/2022 Today I got a letter for the ZD8 recall. So they are actually mailing something out now.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Reactions: J0E

lalalofsky

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport
Is this a recall or TSB? My coolant level is low and I smell coolant. I know there is a TSB for a leak near the front of the engine I believe the inlet side?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Thanks for the info. Was there a mention of which model years this applies to?
Whether or not the recall itself is applicable, it’s a problem that has plagued the 2.0 since its inception and still continues.

Sponsored

Flatties 4ever

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
72Bronco, 95-12v,48Cj2a,53Cj3b,52M38-v8, JlSport
Occupation
Electrician
Yep that’s the old tsb on it. Sounds like OP is saying they upgraded to a recall, which is very good. Allowing these to stay on the road is stupidly burning up engines left and right.
Wish there was more info on this, like what build dates or vin numbers are affected.

Might be worth taking out one bolt at a time, adding some locktight and replacing while cold so as not to break the gasket seal.
Just as a preventive measure, should be super easy depending on access. The Tsb quoted only 0.6 of an hour.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Wish there was more info on this, like what build dates or vin numbers are affected.

Might be worth taking out one bolt at a time, adding some locktight and replacing while cold so as not to break the gasket seal.
Just as a preventive measure, should be super easy depending on access. The Tsb quoted only 0.6 of an hour.
Yes, that’s what every single one of these should have done to them.

58Willys

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport

Make sure bolt and bolt hole are cleaned out, or Loctite won’t do much good.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jmr

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
I called the dealer because I noticed my right rear shock was leaking and wanted it replaced. The service writer said my vehicle has a recall ZD8 for it (it's actually campaign # ZD8). I mentioned to her about the tsb which must have been escalated to campaign # ZD8. She seemed adamant that the recall/campaign be performed and I agreed. My appointment is on 12/14/22 so we'll see.

Go to Jeep.com and look up RECALLS enter your vin and in my case there isn't a active recall but instead I have a active Campaign ZD8 that shows up for Model Years 2021 - 2022.

Jeep Wrangler JL As of Nov 29th the 2.0L has recall ZD8 for the coolant inlet fasteners. 1670425436467

jg45

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR Recon
Disappointed that it only covers 21-22 model years. I know some of the '20 and earlier models have experienced the issue with the bolts either being under torqued or loosening.

OP
OP
jmr

jmr

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL Willys
It's listed as a campaign not a recall. I guess a campaign is a escalated TSB but not high enough for a recall.
It should be for 2018+ 2.0L JL's not just 2021 - 2022. My JL was built on 2/01/2022.
Sponsored

Last edited: