Yolobaggins

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
I am still wondering if December means the reveal and then start of ordering or if ordering will start before and December is when it will start being produced after months of ordering?
Advertisement

SolarWizard

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance / Diesel Gladiator soon
Occupation
energy management tech for homes and businesses
Yes the diesel meets it, batteries are heavy and they could push this over 6000 as well, will see.
what’s the weight of the current 4cyl Etorque non hybrid? Probably 150lbs more than that with the same or slightly reduced payload rating will give you the most accurate prediction

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
what’s the weight of the current 4cyl Etorque non hybrid? Probably 150lbs more than that with the same or slightly reduced payload rating will give you the most accurate prediction
3.6 v6 is 5800 lbs
looking for 2.0 info - from what I can find the 2.0 is actually 30 lbs heavier... so its gonna be close.
Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 2.07.54 PM.jpg

Dkretden

First Name
David
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
So Jeep is going to make a vehicle that will get you a rumored 30 miles on a charge.

if they stick in a regular gas power plant So that you can actually drive to work And back AND All the non-recyclable batteries needed to get you that 30 “green” miles, what do we think that the payload will be reduced to? From 850 pounds to...... what?

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
So Jeep is going to make a vehicle that will get you a rumored 30 miles on a charge.

if they stick in a regular gas power plant So that you can actually drive to work And back AND All the non-recyclable batteries needed to get you that 30 “green” miles, what do we think that the payload will be reduced to? From 850 pounds to...... what?

What are you talking about?

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
He has no idea. Just another troll who doesn’t know what PHEV means probably.
“Who wants a car that can only go 30 miles and then needs to be recharged!?!? I couldn’t even make it to work!” Hahahahhaa

CaptStarboard

First Name
Jeff
Reaction score
Website
www.brisbanejeepclub.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL Wrangler Rubicon 2.2L TD - "Jacko" Punk'n Orange (Old - 2010 Jeep KK Cherokee)
A hybrid Wrangler is interesting. What would really interest me would be a diesel generator instead of a turbo gas conventional motor. Think diesel electric locomotive, but the twist would be that the diesel generator is just that a generator so when the power grid goes down you could just plug your Jeep into your home after disconnecting from the grid and power up. Also might be handy when camping though the noise and smell might not be so welcome. Granted I've always liked the smell of diesel.
Interesting fact... just got the new Australian model JLU Rubi with a 2.2L TD... so far I've NOT smelled the exhaust AT ALL! We are talking about starting up in the garage, hooking up the trailer with it running (feeling the hot exhaust on my leg but NO SMELL....) this has the AdBlue additive and all the factory exhaust/emissions.... but pleasantly surprised with the lack of ANY diesel smell.... just FYI

Lastly, I read the article that said Jeep had cracked #11 in the number of new vehicle issues list (beating our Toyota and Honda, with most of the top ten being US and Korean vehicles). I thought the list was a bit of BS, BUT I've found not one defect in my Jeep in the first two weeks and after 1300KM (and digging apart the interior to put tow kit, tow wiring, trailer brake, UHF radio, cleaning and undercoating the frame, etc)... So congrats to Jeep on the high quality rigs they are putting out now!

CaptStarboard

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
It’s official, Sept 3rd reveal.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Plenty of small cars out there with big motors though - and the few 2 door Wrangler hemi swaps I've seen are beasts. I think it could go either way, because the gas tank is certainly a bit small for a massive V8. The fuel gauge drops very fast on my 2 dr 3.6.
i've seen alot of v8 swaps and diesel swaps in the wranglers. my brother has a chevy 350 motor in a cj7. its a beast and does suck fuel. but its great.

Advertisement

Mac Haik CDJR Georgetown

Advertisement