KCJLU

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
"The plug-in Wrangler will get a global reveal sometime in the third quarter, Manly said."

Why tease a 'Q3 reveal' so far into Q3? Just say September, no?
I read somewhere that these will be announce this year for immediate ordering is that correct?

Been waiting to pull the trigger on a Wangler for a while but then the Bronco came out but then the PHEV was going to come out before the Bronco so I am all over the place!

The PHEV will be perfect for me as it will be a huge daily driver and I have wanted an electric car for years, I feel they will be the norm and in the future one way or another
It's hard for me to tell if they're having delays or it's just bad reporting. They keep teasing a 'Q3 release' which seems odd to announce more than halfway through Q3. It's also very odd that there is so little information out there when we are supposedly on the brink of being able to order them. They've got one more week of August and then September to hit that Q3 window so I guess we'll see...

Advertisement

Niteshooter

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
86 Jeep CJ7, 86 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, 00 Saturn, 10 smart, 11 JK
Vehicle Showcase
A hybrid Wrangler is interesting. What would really interest me would be a diesel generator instead of a turbo gas conventional motor. Think diesel electric locomotive, but the twist would be that the diesel generator is just that a generator so when the power grid goes down you could just plug your Jeep into your home after disconnecting from the grid and power up. Also might be handy when camping though the noise and smell might not be so welcome. Granted I've always liked the smell of diesel.

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi E-tron (x2) ’21, Rubicon 4xe Nacho (on order)
A hybrid Wrangler is interesting. What would really interest me would be a diesel generator instead of a turbo gas conventional motor. Think diesel electric locomotive, but the twist would be that the diesel generator is just that a generator so when the power grid goes down you could just plug your Jeep into your home after disconnecting from the grid and power up. Also might be handy when camping though the noise and smell might not be so welcome. Granted I've always liked the smell of diesel.
for many years people have wondered why they haven’t done a hybrid with a diesel. That’s what they do in endurance racing LMP1. I’m assuming if they could do it they would for the mass produced vehicles.

BearJewJonny

First Name
Jon
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JlU Sahara
Facebook ad just said it’s coming in December.

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Also confirmed on their twitter account "coming December 2020"

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m guessing that means the reveal/ordering?
Everything else out of FCA has said on dealer lots by end of year, so im guessing first deliveries. They say retail in Q3, so probably September reveal/ordering.

Yolobaggins

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4
Everything else out of FCA has said on dealer lots by end of year, so im guessing first deliveries. They say retail in Q3, so probably September reveal/ordering.
Wow that’s fast production and turn around. I hope that’s the case. Would make an amazing Christmas present for myself!

Not saying I don’t believe you but where was it said on dealer lots by December?

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Yolobaggins

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rav4

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for that!
I’m still reading it at as ordering starts in December? I could be totally wrong though

That article said Q4 reveal and SOP. Plus with this new Twitter announcement saying December, I am thinking both together?

Who knows!
my fingers are crossed I can get one delivered in December for tax purposes and I'm one of the least patient people alive. I could order a diesel at any minute lol

SolarWizard

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Model Y Performance / Diesel Gladiator soon
Occupation
energy management tech for homes and businesses

KSpider

First Name
Noah
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Advertisement

Superchips Flashcal Programmer out for JL Wrangler

Advertisement