Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Great skids, love mine. I ended up with a little buzzing after some minor trail damage to my exhaust. Another option for fixing any crossover interference is to heat the pipe with a torch and then gently reshape it with a hammer. That’s what I did with mine. Super easy to do.
Sponsored

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The cutout for the exhaust crossover is a tight clearance on both sides. One side of mine barely made contact. Took it to a reputable local Jeep shop, they worked on it with a metal rasp and it’s perfect now.

8BD10D97-1B09-402C-BDA3-26A072C27E0D.jpeg

0E2FFD22-64B0-4BFD-BCE9-3E439A940988.jpeg

57B57F09-012D-4840-8618-C087CA05696D.jpeg

CAD15A7C-2559-4F7B-9EAE-2B0FCEACA170.jpeg

2CF7B7FC-689F-4EFB-9ECD-875398119C85.jpeg

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I have an issue with my exhaust touching slightly also. When the engine torques it will buzz on the plate. I believe it's on the flat side where the exhaust runs parallel to the skid plate ( previously added a couple of washers at the front engine mount for vertical clearance, had a slight touch vertically also at first). Has anyone else had clearance issues on the parallel side of the exhaust and skid plate? If so how did you remedy it?

Reactions: J0E

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Anybody with a 2021 have this system? My oil pan skid arms dont fit on the body mounts. Jeep redesigned it I guess

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Anybody with a 2021 have this system? My oil pan skid arms dont fit on the body mounts. Jeep redesigned it I guess
Do you have the 3.6? Curious about this as well as I was thinking about ordering these. I am finding slight difference in the 2021, especially the ones with eTorque.

Sponsored

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I have an issue with my exhaust touching slightly also. When the engine torques it will buzz on the plate. I believe it's on the flat side where the exhaust runs parallel to the skid plate ( previously added a couple of washers at the front engine mount for vertical clearance, had a slight touch vertically also at first). Has anyone else had clearance issues on the parallel side of the exhaust and skid plate? If so how did you remedy it?
This is exactly why I went for the heat and hammer method on mine. Filing would have done me no good unless I wanted to carve a channel out of the skid plate. It was really only close on the passenger side, so I just slightly flattened the bottom of about the first 6 inches after the bend.

Jeep Wrangler JL Artec JLU full belly skid reviews? 320B2A7B-17A2-4844-A787-A1EC06298920

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
This is exactly why I went for the heat and hammer method on mine. Filing would have done me no good unless I wanted to carve a channel out of the skid plate. It was really only close on the passenger side, so I just slightly flattened the bottom of about the first 6 inches after the bend.

Jeep Wrangler JL Artec JLU full belly skid reviews? 320B2A7B-17A2-4844-A787-A1EC06298920
I fixed the bottom of the exhaust touching the skidplate as it passes through the plate by putting a couple of washers under the front engine mount.

exhaust bottom.JPG

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase

320B2A7B-17A2-4844-A787-A1EC06298920.jpeg
My issue is how it touches as it turns and runs along the outside of the skidplate, parallel to the skidplate the side of the exhaust touches as the engine torques (mostly on decel it seems).

exhaust touch.PNG

exhaust touch2.PNG

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I think I read somewhere that someone had to use the mounts from a Gladiator for the 2021. Contact Artec and see what they say.

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I think I read somewhere that someone had to use the mounts from a Gladiator for the 2021. Contact Artec and see what they say.
Thanks I’ll give them a buzz today. Last time I called they said they were waiting to get a 2021 in the shop so they can do some 3D prints of the new body mounts

Sponsored

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Do you have the 3.6? Curious about this as well as I was thinking about ordering these. I am finding slight difference in the 2021, especially the ones with eTorque.
I have the 3.6 which starting in 2021 I believe comes with the etorque. I had no idea what that thing wa when I first crawled under. I thought it was an oversized evap canister lol. I ended up getting the article skid to cover it along with the other skids

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I have the 3.6 which starting in 2021 I believe comes with the etorque. I had no idea what that thing wa when I first crawled under. I thought it was an oversized evap canister lol. I ended up getting the article skid to cover it along with the other skids
If your 2021 is an automatic, you have the eTorque. Did the front engine skid bolt on without any problems on your 2021? I have heard a few people stating they had a hard time with some of the skids as the mounting points had changed. Also, a pic of the skids would be great whenever you get a chance. Especially the rear portion. Thanks!

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Wow, that cross over exhaust pipe looks very much exposed. Has anyone wheeled enough to damage that exposed part ? I have been interested in a Artec pan and waiting for a 2dr. version. Seeing this exposed pipe has me questioning its design.
Jeep Wrangler JL Artec JLU full belly skid reviews? artec belly pan

I have a M.O.R.E. metal pan and it has good coverage but is low and heavy. BTW, even with the right bank cross over pipe covered, the left side loop pipe was exposed. I got a SkidRow loop skid and it has a couple scars on it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Artec JLU full belly skid reviews? MORE belly pan

Last edited:

RhinoJLU

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If your 2021 is an automatic, you have the eTorque. Did the front engine skid bolt on without any problems on your 2021? I have heard a few people stating they had a hard time with some of the skids as the mounting points had changed. Also, a pic of the skids would be great whenever you get a chance. Especially the rear portion. Thanks!
I cant bolt on the engine skid because the front arm brackets don't fit on the engine mounts. I do have an automatic

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I cant bolt on the engine skid because the front arm brackets don't fit on the engine mounts. I do have an automatic
The motor mounts were changed on 2021 versions, at least that’s what I read here on the forum. It seems like a relatively simple engineering change that Artec could make to change the brackets. I don’t know if anyone has brought it to their attention and they're working on it already or what their timeframe might be.
Sponsored