Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Who’s running the Artec JLU full belly skids? I’m thinking about jumping on the Black Friday 19% off deal. Any negatives to running them? Installation? How are they for holding water and debris? Maintenance? I don’t do a lot of rock crawling, but after getting my first BOH, we’re looking at planning trips to run more BOH trails. I’d prefer preventative measures before than repairs after ;)
Sponsored

av8or

First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
I like mine. Fit is great and installation isn’t bad. I haven’t really used them yet, but I know they won’t hang up as easy as stock.

C619DF65-E90B-47F8-BABA-84C08CF9F6CF.jpeg

6332074C-AE25-4231-B3EB-C7FA9FD47A52.jpeg

50D3596C-2653-45F2-8503-8085DE13EAF1.jpeg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I have them. I’ve only wheeled once with them. I like them. They don’t add weight. They’re well engineered (except for a couple of small gripes) and the install went well. The video they made of the install is good. No maintenance is required at all.

The only complaints were that one bolt hole didn’t line 100% with the OEM hole in the crossmember. Off by 1-2mm so I was able to get it done. The other is that the cutout for the exhaust cross pipe was perfect on one side, but barely contacted the pipe on the order side. A metal rasp made for a perfect clearance.

Get them.

Glen722

First Name
Glen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Rubicon JLU
Like Gorilla57, I have them, use them, and have the scratches to prove it. Don't worry about them holding up to use--they are plenty beefy and can take a beating. I'd buy them again.

Sponsored

Gabby53E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2004 TJ
Who’s running the Artec JLU full belly skids? I’m thinking about jumping on the Black Friday 19% off deal. Any negatives to running them? Installation? How are they for holding water and debris? Maintenance? I don’t do a lot of rock crawling, but after getting my first BOH, we’re looking at planning trips to run more BOH trails. I’d prefer preventative measures before than repairs after ;)
I order them today. Hard to say no when you can save $400.00. I heard they were in stock earlier this week so I hope they still were today.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
I like the drainage (I’m assuming) cuts cut into them. But the diff skids I’ve gotten from Next Venture Motorsports are awesome and they now offer a belly skid. Anyone compare the two yet? Benefits of 5052 vs 6061 aluminum? No drainage cuts vs the Artec slots? I’m in the northeast so snow, salt and saltwater corrosion are concerns (I’ll be running the Cape Cod beaches with my Jeep next summer).

landshark99

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have them on mine, so far they have been great, protect and save weight

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I like the drainage (I’m assuming) cuts cut into them. But the diff skids I’ve gotten from Next Venture Motorsports are awesome and they now offer a belly skid. Anyone compare the two yet? Benefits of 5052 vs 6061 aluminum? No drainage cuts vs the Artec slots? I’m in the northeast so snow, salt and saltwater corrosion are concerns (I’ll be running the Cape Cod beaches with my Jeep next summer).
I have the Artec skids - the coverage and weight savings is what sold me. I too was curious about 5052 vs 6061. Did a little research - seems 5052 is more corrosion resistant....however 6061 is about 40% less likely to deform. Both companies make great products...

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
I just ordered them yesterday. Brother did the same. 20% off made me pull the trigger. Now I need to figure out the exhaust.

Last edited:

Sponsored

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I’m running the Artec aluminum belly pan and have beaten the snot out of it. The fit is awesome. Increasing the break over and the huge weight savings are what sold me. JLUs are serious belly draggers so that was a huge selling point for me. Also not having to touch up scratches is a huge bonus. They’re expensive but well worth it.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I wish they made 2dr. versions. I've been waiting for 1-1/2 yrs. Ended up buying MORE metal pan for $500 installed as a special offered deal. I really want an Arctec bellypan, they say it only adds 10 lbs.. I think that is less than New Venture Motorsports 85lbs. (minus the stock skids) which has some metal pieces.
Word is the 2-door version is coming.

Reactions: J0E

Gabby53E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2004 TJ
I order them today. Hard to say no when you can save $400.00. I heard they were in stock earlier this week so I hope they still were today.
Haven’t had a chance to test them out on the trail yet, but definitely very solid. Daily driving there is either some intermittent exhaust system vibration against the plate or maybe the sound is just reverberating back into the cab. Very tight tolerances to provide maximum clearance, so that’s understandable. Just need to make sure it’s not the exhaust making contact as that will eventually cause a bigger issue. Can’t wait to test them out on a trail.

Gorilla57

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Mojito
Haven’t had a chance to test them out on the trail yet, but definitely very solid. Daily driving there is either some intermittent exhaust system vibration against the plate or maybe the sound is just reverberating back into the cab. Very tight tolerances to provide maximum clearance, so that’s understandable. Just need to make sure it’s not the exhaust making contact as that will eventually cause a bigger issue. Can’t wait to test them out on a trail.
My crossover/y-pipe hits the skid when the exhaust is hot. But, I’ve got the AFE one and I knew it was gonna be tight. Not too worried about the contact, I’ll take a grinder to the skid when I get around to it.

Gabby53E

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL, 2004 TJ
My crossover/y-pipe hits the skid when the exhaust is hot. But, I’ve got the AFE one and I knew it was gonna be tight. Not too worried about the contact, I’ll take a grinder to the skid when I get around to it.
yeah, thinks it’s right here.
Jeep Wrangler JL Artec JLU full belly skid reviews? 5DFEBB0E-DBD5-4742-8A75-14FD8F38FEC8
Sponsored