First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Wow, that cross over exhaust pipe looks very much exposed. Has anyone wheeled enough to damage that exposed part ? I have been interested in a Artec pan and waiting for a 2dr. version. Seeing this exposed pipe has me wondering. I have a M.O.R.E. metal pan and it has good coverage but is low and heavy. BTW, even with the right bank cross over pipe covered the left side u pipe was exposed so I got a SkidRow skid and it has a couple scars on it.
How hard a hit did you have on the exhaust loop skid, and how did it perform? The concern I’ve seen about it is that the way it’s mounted makes it somewhat cantilevered and it’s not supported on one side. But it still seems to me that having it is better than not having it if you smash or scrape that area on a rock or the ground.
Sponsored

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I put my floor jack under it and it didn't change. It is stout. The mounting is close enough that leverage doesn't come into play.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

I cant bolt on the engine skid because the front arm brackets don't fit on the engine mounts. I do have an automatic
Thanks, vendors have been a bit slow to offer updated versions for the 2021. I have tried 3 state it will not mount correctly.

Reactions: J0E

DaddyEngineer

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon
How hard a hit did you have on the exhaust loop skid, and how did it perform? The concern I’ve seen about it is that the way it’s mounted makes it somewhat cantilevered and it’s not supported on one side. But it still seems to me that having it is better than not having it if you smash or scrape that area on a rock or the ground.
Do you think this Exhaust Loop skid plate would fit with your Artec Belly skid?
https://www.skidrowoffroad.com/prod...aust-guard-for-jeep-wrangler-jk-2018-present/

I’m thinking of the Artec (after a winch of course) but have seen a couple of smashed loops on the internet, so think I want to protect that too. The Evo one needs its skid plate and it leaves a lot of projections.

Thanks,
Scott

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
https://www.skidrowoffroad.com/prod...aust-guard-for-jeep-wrangler-jk-2018-present/

I’m thinking of the Artec (after a winch of course) but have seen a couple of smashed loops on the internet, so think I want to protect that too. The Evo one needs its skid plate and it leaves a lot of projections.

Thanks,
Scott
It will fit. Or at least I’m very confident that it will. I’ll order one soon and be the guinea pig.

Sponsored

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Some JLs will have fitment issues with the exhaust loop/oil pan skid. ATEC said its something to do with whatever exhaust the vehicle had from the factory.

You may need to do some heating and bending of the exhaust pipes and some cutting/grinding on the oil pan skid.

20210405_112921.jpg

20210405_113613.jpg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link

Thanks,
Scott
Never replied to this. There’s no interference at all between the Artec skids and the SkidRow exhaust loop skid.

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Some JLs will have fitment issues with the exhaust loop/oil pan skid. ATEC said its something to do with whatever exhaust the vehicle had from the factory.

You may need to do some heating and bending of the exhaust pipes and some cutting/grinding on the oil pan skid.

20210405_112921.jpg

20210405_113613.jpg
I had a clearance issue on mine. Both vertically (exhaust just barely touched the skid as it crossed through it) and horizontally (where the exhaust runs parallel outside the skid plate it would touch as the engine torqued). I fixed the issue by putting a couple of washers under the front Artec skid plate mount at theengine mount to space the skidplate down 1/4”. Then on the horizontal engine torque issue (Artec recommended heating the exhaust and using a C-clamp to reshape the exhaust pipe) I had my local Jeep shop (SouthCoastJeepClub) reshape it (no heat was required they just used a ballpeen hammer to flatten where it was touching. I can take pics if someone needs them.

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Share the pics as I am contemplating if I should just replace that whole section of pipe.

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

Anyone try this on the 2021 3.6 yet? Previous version would not work.

Those of you that have installed it, is the aluminum worth the premium? I am torn, in the the aluminum skids have gauged and not been as slick on the rocks as my steel skids... Not sure if the 100 pound savings is worth it. Might be better for me to lose the 50 pounds of fat I am currently carrying, lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Share the pics as I am contemplating if I should just replace that whole section of pipe.
Drivers side view looking through...

1DriversSideView.JPG

2DriversSideView.JPG

5DriversSideView.JPG

6DriversSideView.JPG

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Drivers side view from below... you can see how that section of exhaust is now sort of boxed.

3DriversSideViewfromBelow.JPG

4DriversSideViewfromBelow.JPG

7DriversSideViewfromBelow.JPG

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Passenger side views....

9PassSideView.JPG

11PassSideView.JPG

8ViewfromBelow.JPG

12PassSideViewfromAbove.JPG

10PassSideView.JPG

OP
OP
Gadgettr1

Gadgettr1

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
college student
Vehicle Showcase
Driver and passenger side skid plate mounts (engine mounts) with washers as spacers and new bolts. I forget how much longer the replacement bolts I got were. Just enough to get a few threads exposed in addition to the new washer spacing.

Hope all the pics weren't too much and that they helped. If you need any other viewing angles let me know.

13DriversEngineMountWashers.JPG

15DriversEngineBolts.JPG

17PassEngineMountWashers.JPG

20PassEngineMountBolt.JPG

Go4Low

First Name
Jorel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Thanks for those pics đź‘Ť