First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Application Architect
Tonight I installed the tire delete kit by Artec Industries. The install was pretty straight forward although there were absolutely no instructions provided. I took pictures along the way that I hope will help anyone else who may perform this same install.

Here is the kit pre-install. Was packaged nicely.

IMG_4212.jpg

The plate has a slot on the drivers side to route the cables through but I like the look without the cables so I routed them through the vents in the rear door.

IMG_4216.jpg

I disconnected the cables to make it easier to snake the cables through the vent and so I could keep the factory grommet on the cables in case I want to return to factory config at any point.

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4218.jpg

Artec has a video that does a pretty decent job of showing the install steps though some points could have been clearer. If you plan to use the optional LED LP lights, make sure you install them on with your LP and snake the cables BEFORE you mount up the plate to the rear door. I had to back up and do this over because I just rolled through, following along with the video and it isn't mentioned until the install is practically complete.

IMG_4220.jpg

Also pay attention to mounting up the camera. Three sides of the camera base have 'tabs'. The video says to mount the camera in with the middle tab facing up. Don't think like I did that 'up' means toward the brake light. The middle tab should face away from the brake light. The first time I mounted it incorrectly and didn't discover that it was wrong until I went to connect the cable and it would not fit because of the brake light connection.

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4229.jpg

Here is how it looks after the install was complete.

IMG_4230.jpg

The view of backup camera.

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
jasonhodges

jasonhodges

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Application Architect
Sorry about the duplicate photos at the end, for some reason I can't remove them.

SpringsJL

First Name
Cage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU
Looks good! I watched a video on YouTube how to do mine took little over an hour. Do like the camera/brake light setup don’t you?

B96871FA-4AF3-4360-B226-DD568E7688D0.jpeg

OP
OP
jasonhodges

jasonhodges

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Application Architect
Looks good! I watched a video on YouTube how to do mine took little over an hour. Do like the camera/brake light setup don’t you?

B96871FA-4AF3-4360-B226-DD568E7688D0.jpeg
Yes, absolutely!

Sponsored

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
Love this look.... getting one for X-MAS. Thanks for the tips.

sourdough

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I did mine with a 3/16" alum. plate. I used 1” long spacers and longer bolts to install the plate over the top of the vent. I sized the plate for fuel packs with camera and back up light in between. Factory 3rd stoplight bracket worked as license plate holder. If I was to do over, I’d use A.A.L.’s camera holder because mod’ing the factory holder was the biggest issue.
JL DIY rear mount.jpg

marc2828

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche Macan Turbo, Lexus GX, Audi Q3
Tonight I installed the tire delete kit by Artec Industries. The install was pretty straight forward although there were absolutely no instructions provided. I took pictures along the way that I hope will help anyone else who may perform this same install.

IMG_4212.jpg

The plate has a slot on the drivers side to route the cables through but I like the look without the cables so I routed them through the vents in the rear door.

IMG_4216.jpg

I disconnected the cables to make it easier to snake the cables through the vent and so I could keep the factory grommet on the cables in case I want to return to factory config at any point.

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4218.jpg

Artec has a video that does a pretty decent job of showing the install steps though some points could have been clearer. If you plan to use the optional LED LP lights, make sure you install them on with your LP and snake the cables BEFORE you mount up the plate to the rear door. I had to back up and do this over because I just rolled through, following along with the video and it isn't mentioned until the install is practically complete.

IMG_4220.jpg

Also pay attention to mounting up the camera. Three sides of the camera base have 'tabs'. The video says to mount the camera in with the middle tab facing up. Don't think like I did that 'up' means toward the brake light. The middle tab should face away from the brake light. The first time I mounted it incorrectly and didn't discover that it was wrong until I went to connect the cable and it would not fit because of the brake light connection.

IMG_4225.jpg

IMG_4226.jpg

IMG_4229.jpg

IMG_4230.jpg

IMG_4231.jpg

IMG_4212.jpg

IMG_4216.jpg

IMG_4217.jpg

IMG_4218.jpg

IMG_4220.jpg

Your pics and instructions are great. Thanks. I was thinking about putting plastic grab handles on either side to cover the 2 plugs. thoughts?

ViperJon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'N Wrangler JL Rubicon
I just did mine as well and so far so good. The only thing that has me marginally concerned is the camera really protrudes out of the housing as it doesn't have any protector anymore...and certain to get a lot more moisture and water on it. Hope they are fairly watertight and rugged.

View attachment 266134

IMG_0110.PNG

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0

Sponsored

jhern88

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 WRANGLER SPORT JL 4 DOORS V6

Jeep Wrangler JL Artec Industries tire delete install IMG_0110.PNG

Can you put a antenna or lights on this artec license plate delete?

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Nice write-up! I had the same issue with the camera mounting (figuring out how to orient the camera was the lengthiest part of the install for me). Much better rear visibility without the tire back there, and nice not having 60+ extra pounds on the tailgate! Also creates room for a jerry can...

Jeep Wrangler JL Artec Industries tire delete install 200718 Jeep quarter
Sponsored