Artec Industries Night Hawk Front Bumper for Wrangler JL

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj5, Jeep Jl Rubicon
Attention aftermarket bumper builders: I wish there more choices for steel bumpers that have good license plate mounting options. In WI we need to have a front plate, and the rear plate needs to be lit. It's a new JL, I don't want it to look like an afterthought.so not real excited to mount under the taillight like a jk or stick it to the spare. I thought there would be plenty of aftermarket choices so I didn't order the factory steel ones.
Sponsored

Iwant2poop

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sport, 2002 Grand Cherokee (Sold)
So I just want to confirm @Artec. Do the OEM LED fog lights from the OEM STEEL bumper fit this bumper or not? If they do not, is there any way to make them fit at this time or are we SOL?

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2020 JLUR 2019 JTR 2021 JTRD
So I just want to confirm @Artec. Do the OEM LED fog lights from the OEM STEEL bumper fit this bumper or not? If they do not, is there any way to make them fit at this time or are we SOL?
At this time the only fog lights that fit the bumpers are the LED fog lights if you have a plastic bumper. Jeep has 3 different mounting patterns depending on what bumpers and light packages you have. if you have the Steel bumpers you will need the 2012+ JK pattern foglights or rigid industries

Iwant2poop

First Name
Abe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sport, 2002 Grand Cherokee (Sold)
At this time the only fog lights that fit the bumpers are the LED fog lights if you have a plastic bumper. Jeep has 3 different mounting patterns depending on what bumpers and light packages you have. if you have the Steel bumpers you will need the 2012+ JK pattern foglights or rigid industries
Ah, that sucks. I had more or less settled on this bumper but that does throw a wrench in my plans. Is it safe to assume the different mounting patterns is linked to the lights themselves and not compatible with other mounting brackets?

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
Ah, that sucks. I had more or less settled on this bumper but that does throw a wrench in my plans. Is it safe to assume the different mounting patterns is linked to the lights themselves and not compatible with other mounting brackets?
i have this bumper see my post earlier about getting the stock non LED builds to fit (with a little trimming. In the process I figured out that the stock 11+ JK plastic bumper fog lights bolt right into the artec bumper with no trimming and plug right into the factory wiring so that is an other option because plenty of options out there fro replacement fogs

Sponsored

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2020 JLUR 2019 JTR 2021 JTRD

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
If only it had a recessed winch mount! Looks great!

Any chance of a recessed winch mount coming down the road?

StingSC10

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Did you ever figure this out? I just got mine and when trying to install it there are no directions and not sure what all these bolts are for. I only used washers and the short bolts.

received my bumper and lower skid last week, rattle can painting it right now got some more questions

1. With the bumper it came with 2 longer bolts with long shanks and 2 nylon nuts and some washers along with the 8 short bolts. I have no clue what the long bolts and nuts are for? They seem to not fit anywhere on the bumper.

2. The rivnuts for for the the lower skid in your instructions you say to drill with a 31/64" drill bit, would a 1/2" be to big? Never used a rivnut before so not familiar if a 1/64" is to much of a difference in hole size, because I have plenty of 1/2" bits just no 31/64".

tonythehomie

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler Sport S (manual / 2 door / firecracker red)
ok so an update on this on my end, was away on vacation for the past week could not really look at it

to the mounting holes between the 11+ jk fogs and the jll non led fog lights are pretty much the same, maybe a hair off but JL mounting structure (the back plastic in the photos bellow) is a lot more bulky than the JK. When I was doing dry fitting with the fogs the JL lights ca get stuffed up there but the holes do not line up due to the mounting structure being so big. So decided to take a coping saw and trim off the top of the plastic off and it fit like a charm now and the holes line up.

So the stock JL fogs are mounting in the artec bumper, one the next and last issue is the wiring for the the pass side light is too short to reach the light by a few inches so definitely order h16 extension. And getting the wiring harness out of the plastic bumper is a pain

xv6jW7J.jpg

LvYPXdb.jpg

OqZfnUQ.jpg
Know I’m digging up an old thread here but I am planning on getting the artec bumper and was hoping the steps above were for installing the factory halogens out of the plastic bumper and not LED’s.

If so, can you tell me what h16 extension you used? A link to the confirmed functional one would be amazing if you have it. Thanks brother!

Sponsored

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Glad I read this old post. I was ordering this bumper tonight but now it looks like I'll search for something else that works with the factory LED fogs..

bzaps914

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Glad I read this old post. I was ordering this bumper tonight but now it looks like I'll search for something else that works with the factory LED fogs..
This bumper does work with the factory LED fogs. I have it and the fogs bolt right up.
Sponsored