Sponsored

Artec Industries Night Hawk Front Bumper for Wrangler JL

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
two questions

does the bumper support oem halogen fog lights? i feel like i read some where that the oem halogen and led foggers have different mounts.

i have a superwinch talon 9.5 was wondering if it will fit in there? from your photos the looks tight around the frame horns and the talon is about 3/4" long on the motor side of the mount holes but could be the saving grace is about 1 1/4" narrower than the exp.

thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2020 JLUR 2019 JTR 2021 JTRD
two questions

does the bumper support oem halogen fog lights? i feel like i read some where that the oem halogen and led foggers have different mounts.

i have a superwinch talon 9.5 was wondering if it will fit in there? from your photos the looks tight around the frame horns and the talon is about 3/4" long on the motor side of the mount holes but could be the saving grace is about 1 1/4" narrower than the exp.

thanks
We have test fitted the bumper with rigid industries lights and Jl Led lights the halogen should be the same as led, The EXP is massive and there is about 1.5" between the side of the bumper and winch on the long side

bzaps914

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLUR
Hi @Artec I ordered this bumper 18 days ago. Can you please provide me with an estimated ETA? Order AR-24879
Thanks!

rizej

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Chance of a painted/textured option becoming available? Is it a bolt-on installation or any cutting needed?

Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
received my bumper and lower skid last week, rattle can painting it right now got some more questions

1. With the bumper it came with 2 longer bolts with long shanks and 2 nylon nuts and some washers along with the 8 short bolts. I have no clue what the long bolts and nuts are for? They seem to not fit anywhere on the bumper.

2. The rivnuts for for the the lower skid in your instructions you say to drill with a 31/64" drill bit, would a 1/2" be to big? Never used a rivnut before so not familiar if a 1/64" is to much of a difference in hole size, because I have plenty of 1/2" bits just no 31/64".

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2020 JLUR 2019 JTR 2021 JTRD
Chance of a painted/textured option becoming available? Is it a bolt-on installation or any cutting needed?
At this time it will only be offered in a raw finish, This is 100% bolt on with no cutting needed

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Golf GTI SE, 2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2019 Ducati Panigale 959 Corse, 2019 Yamaha Raptor 700SE
Vehicle Showcase
I saw this come up on a YouTube video.

Basically, the fog lights that come in the plastic bumpers are one type of mount, and the fog lights that come in the steel bumper are a different type of mount. The plastic bumper mounting bracket is square, and the mounts that come in the factory steel bumper are a rectangle shape. It’s not a matter of LED vs halogen, it’s a matter of if the lights you’re trying to fit originally came in a steel bumper or a plastic bumper.

I’m surprised more bumper manufacturers don’t specify this, but it’s definitely going to be an issue going forward.

Last edited:

xpsruler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport

Basically, the fog lights that come in the plastic bumpers are one type of mount, and the fog lights that come in the steel bumper are a different type of mount. The plastic bumper mounting bracket is square, and the mounts that come in the factory steel bumper are a rectangle shape. It’s not a matter of LED vs halogen, it’s a matter of if the lights you’re trying to fit originally came in a steel bumper or a plastic bumper.

I’m surprised more bumper manufacturers don’t specify this, but it’s definitely going to be an issue going forward.
I know for the JKs they made adapters for the fog light wiring to go to rigid lights. That would solve the problem for sure.

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I've been waiting for a vendor to make a bumper (or adapter) that would fit the non-led brackets, but everyone seems to only be designing towards the led specs.

Hopefully something will come out soon, or more bracket specifics will appear over time.

Sponsored

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

So I installed the bullets and now with first had experience, the plastic bumper non led fogs DO NOT directly bolt up to the bumper the holes are slightly off, the mounting holes I received with my artec bumper are set up 11-18 JK with plastic bumpers

i64X

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2018 Golf GTI SE, 2015 Ducati Diavel Carbon, 2019 Ducati Panigale 959 Corse, 2019 Yamaha Raptor 700SE
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed the bullets and now with first had experience, the plastic bumper non led fogs DO NOT directly bolt up to the bumper the holes are slightly off, the mounting holes I received with my artec bumper are set up 11-18 JK with plastic bumpers
In the video I saw they got a "JL front bumper" and tried to mount the metal bumper JL LED fogs in it and they weren't even close. The bracket for them wasn't square, it was rectangular. They ended up using JK fogs and those fit.

The non-LED fogs that you pulled off your plastic bumper -- was the mounting plate for those at least square? Or was it rectangular?

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Are the mounting holes offset enough to allow for new holes to be drilled matching the square or rectangular bracket? Hell, if it's just a matter of drilling holes then it might not be such a bad install to deal with for a halogen fog light.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ok so an update on this on my end, was away on vacation for the past week could not really look at it

to the mounting holes between the 11+ jk fogs and the jll non led fog lights are pretty much the same, maybe a hair off but JL mounting structure (the back plastic in the photos bellow) is a lot more bulky than the JK. When I was doing dry fitting with the fogs the JL lights ca get stuffed up there but the holes do not line up due to the mounting structure being so big. So decided to take a coping saw and trim off the top of the plastic off and it fit like a charm now and the holes line up.

So the stock JL fogs are mounting in the artec bumper, one the next and last issue is the wiring for the the pass side light is too short to reach the light by a few inches so definitely order h16 extension. And getting the wiring harness out of the plastic bumper is a pain

xv6jW7J.jpg

LvYPXdb.jpg

OqZfnUQ.jpg

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj5, Jeep Jl Rubicon
Attention aftermarket bumper builders: I wish there more choices for steel bumpers that have good license plate mounting options. In WI we need to have a front plate, and the rear plate needs to be lit. It's a new JL, I don't want it to look like an afterthought.so not real excited to mount under the taillight like a jk or stick it to the spare. I thought there would be plenty of aftermarket choices so I didn't order the factory steel ones.
Sponsored