Artec Industries JL Belly Pans in Steel & Aluminum

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
Nothing for the 2dr yet due to lack of demand and sales from the JK crowd we may not offer a 2dr kit for the JL
Well that sucks. Any recommendations for another manufacturer
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yes the aluminum will hold up just fine it will actually hold up better then the steel version.
That’s great news. I didn’t want the extra weight of steel.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Artec
I have the LOD signature series sliders. Do you know if your aluminum Bellypan will work with it? I’m concerned that they may share some of the same bolt locations. If they do share some of the same bolt holes, what would you suggest as a workaround to get these two products to work together?

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2020 JLUR 2019 JTR 2021 JTRD
@Artec
I have the LOD signature series sliders. Do you know if your aluminum Bellypan will work with it? I’m concerned that they may share some of the same bolt locations. If they do share some of the same bolt holes, what would you suggest as a workaround to get these two products to work together?
The LOD mounts should go over the bellypan. Looks like they bolt in over the factory gas tank anyhow, so it should not be a big deal.

islandtees

First Name
gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 rubicon jl
Yes the aluminum will hold up just fine it will actually hold up better then the steel version.
Why would the aluminum hold up better. I would think it bends easier than metal?@Artec

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Man, I love the aluminum belly pan. It is just a bit out of my price range. Looks like an outstanding product. (Steel is just too heavy.)

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
@Artec
Given the following images of the LOD slider mounts, How would you recommend getting your aluminum belly pan on?
IMG_5741.JPG
IMG_5743.JPG

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
@Artec how about some 2-door love? Other vendors plan to support the 2-door, but I like the looks of your product better.

BostonBilly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU
OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2020 JLUR 2019 JTR 2021 JTRD
Why would the aluminum hold up better. I would think it bends easier than metal?@Artec
The 3/16" steel will just bend and remain bent the 1/4" 6061 aluminum will deform and go back to its original shape, There are a lot of common misconceptions about aluminum gulling up and catching but it actually does not gull up and it slides quite well over rock.

Sponsored

vavaroutsos

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Sprinter Crew Van 2500 High Roof 144" WB OM651 Brilliant Silver, 2019 JLR 3.6L 6SPD Granite Crystal
The 3/16" steel will just bend and remain bent the 1/4" 6061 aluminum will deform and go back to its original shape, There are a lot of common misconceptions about aluminum gulling up and catching but it actually does not gull up and it slides quite well over rock.
I think you got this backwards. Steel has memory, aluminum doesn't. Ask any body man that has worked on aluminum panels. They are very difficult to fix because aluminum has no memory.

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
Nothing for the 2dr yet due to lack of demand and sales from the JK crowd we may not offer a 2dr kit for the JL
Well that's disappointing news. I got all excited about only adding 10lbs to have my belly protected.

Guess I'll just have to hit the bypass more often. :no:

More money for camping and fuel. :like::beer:

4x4Funlover

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
@Artec Industries your 4 door kit looks amazing really hope you change your minds about producing a 2 door version. I'm trying to gain as much ground clearance as possible without lifting my JL more then a I have. None of the other kits are as smooth either.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
I think you got this backwards. Steel has memory, aluminum doesn't. Ask any body man that has worked on aluminum panels. They are very difficult to fix because aluminum has no memory.
It's all about heat treat condition on both steel and aluminum. How far either steel or aluminum bend before taking a "set" (not returning) is all about heat treat condition of either. Both can be soft and malleable or hard and have springback. Formed body panels of either steel or aluminum are made from more malleable condition metal. Steel has a stiffness (modulus of elasticity) about 3 times that of aluminum. So same thickness steel will always be harder to deflect by about 3 times. On a sheet of metal, steel vs aluminum of the same thickness, steel always wins in capability to resist deflection/damage. But the steel is 2 1/2 times heavier. If you increase the aluminum thickness, the stiffness of the panel increases of course. But the trade off is always weight vs stiffness when either going with steel vs aluminum or making a panel thicker. There's no substitute for good engineering judgement in the material selection, design shapes, and thickness.
Sponsored