Sponsored

Artec Industries Inner Fenders for JL

Gadgetguru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
Cut-out or no cut-out, that is the question. Lift kit, but otherwise stock suspension (no fancy reservoir shocks or anything). Which one?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Artec

Artec

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.Artecindustries.com
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU, 2020 JLUR 2019 JTR 2021 JTRD
Cut-out or no cut-out, that is the question. Lift kit, but otherwise stock suspension (no fancy reservoir shocks or anything). Which one?
You will want the cutout variation . the non cutout is more for a builder who will be adding coilover towers and coilovers

ambrose

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Definitely interested in these. Like them the best of the inner fenders I've seen. Most of the others stamp their initials in it. I like your more subtle approach, especially the freedom version.

Question, what do you recommend in terms of painting? I mean, do we need to get like POR 15? Or is touch up paint enough? Clear coat? Was thinking of painting PRC (firecracker red) for a bit of accent on my black JLUR. Powdercoat is a nice option, but I couldn't do that myself, and it's more subdued.

ambrose

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Also, did you find any rubbing with the 37s you tested? I want to get to those, but I'm not quite ready to do the lift, so I've been holding off. If I could run them with these at least for a while, that'd be cool!

AggieJeepGuy

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (replaced 2007 JKUR); 2016 Durango Brass Monkey edition; 2011 Expedition; 2002 Trans Am WS6 6spd
Vehicle Showcase
Also, did you find any rubbing with the 37s you tested? I want to get to those, but I'm not quite ready to do the lift, so I've been holding off. If I could run them with these at least for a while, that'd be cool!
I am running 37s with no lift. I put the front inners in a couple months ago and had an occasional light rub at full left. I was running those 37s on the stock wheels with no spacers though. I just got my new wheels this weekend and with the backspacing pushing the wheels out just a bit there is no rubbing at all. Also in process of installing the rear inners finally.

Sponsored

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU

ambrose

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
Paging @Artec, come in, Artec. :) (In case they only watch for explicit mentions..) See questions above, please.

ambrose

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Software Engineer
@4LowPhoto, you should do a YouTube install vid. :)

Looks like a few bolts? Did you get them powder coated?

Sponsored

Penance81

First Name
Tillman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Install video to hopefully help some one with these.
Thank you! This video saved me more headache. The instructions from Artec are terrible, very vague. Was going crazy trying to figure out how to install the body mount bracket because I was trying to put it on the actual body mount bolt that the one at the top of that bracket.

4LowPhoto

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Thank you! This video saved me more headache. The instructions from Artec are terrible, very vague. Was going crazy trying to figure out how to install the body mount bracket because I was trying to put it on the actual body mount bolt that the one at the top of that bracket.

Same here, I did my jeep in the dark and was very frustrated, so I did the video on my buddies after having already installed a set with headache. lol

dcdanny

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 wrangler sport. 2018 Rubicon
I wish someone made one for the rear installation. Driver side is kicking my ass haha
Sponsored