Sponsored

Arrived this morning, my new 392! BUT...now they make me wait....

OP
OP
Bayrat

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
Salespeople come up with some dumb shit to make sure they are there to deliver the vehicle. If they are off, they have to split the $ with someone else. Not saying this is happening, but I have seen it happen.

None of what the dealer said is true.

Yzfguy

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand cherokee , wrangler JLU Willys
After seeing mine had been delivered on the site, I called my dealership. My salesperson was off that day, and the guy on the phone said he could release it to me no problem and it would not effect my salesperson.
I texted my salesperson, who advised that he was trying to steal the sale at the last second. My person was so cool that even after I said not to worry and I would pick it up the next day, came in on a day off to finish the deal.
I would have beaten that guy down if it were me! What a scumbag.
Anyway, I took mine home about 6 hours after it came off the truck with 6 miles on her and have been madly in love for the past 3 months :)

*** Mine is not a 392 (I wish!)

Last edited:

skiptheroad

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKUR 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
Occupation
Astronaut
I've always assumed the manufacturer performed a test drive immediately after assembly. I know they are driven off the assembly line to the staging area. I couldn't imagine building a vehicle and not making sure it operated properly before shipping it.

Enjoy your new ride. It looks great.

OP
OP
Bayrat

Bayrat

First Name
DA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon 392
I've always assumed the manufacturer performed a test drive immediately after assembly. I know they are driven off the assembly line to the staging area. I couldn't imagine building a vehicle and not making sure it operated properly before shipping it.

Enjoy your new ride. It looks great.
Not only what you said, but as I understood it, the 392s with XR package need to go to the Jeep custom shop to be finished.

Sponsored

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
I am a bit ticked off. After waiting a total of over 5 months, the dealer told me they cannot sell a new vehicle until it's been on the lot for two days. Additionally, they claim Chrysler has to have a five mile test drive by a mechanic for every new vehicle. They are doing nothing to it except taking it out of shipping mode. The rest of the prep I am performing myself. Anyone know when these odd rules took effect or if it's even true? Thanks

20221102_163521.jpg

Sounds like dealer BS to me. Rairdon's in WA State pulled the same crap with me. Used my build (one of the first JLR's in March 2018) to show & sell. Even put it on the show room floor. They said they could get much more than I was paying. I should have sued. Good Luck

daboink

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Wrangler JL 3.6
Occupation
Design/Builder
I am a bit ticked off. After waiting a total of over 5 months, the dealer told me they cannot sell a new vehicle until it's been on the lot for two days. Additionally, they claim Chrysler has to have a five mile test drive by a mechanic for every new vehicle. They are doing nothing to it except taking it out of shipping mode. The rest of the prep I am performing myself. Anyone know when these odd rules took effect or if it's even true? Thanks

20221102_163521.jpg
FUBAR !!!

JLURfab

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6
I'd tell them that "I paid the deposit and it's built the way I wanted" the Only 392s I've seen or heard of the dealerships in my area getting are already bought

Chief Toby

First Name
Chief
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 TRD 4Runner Off Road ; 2023 Orange High Tide

20221102_163521.jpg
Sounds to me like someone is trying to blow smoke up your ass.......

RickSavage

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler 4Xe , 2001 Dodge Ram 4X4
The 2 day thing is BS. However it does have to be driven and the PDI completed. I work for a CDJR dealer. We drive them 5 miles make sure all the fluids are correct. Here sold vehicles are PDI'd right away and delivered. In most cases the customer is there waiting.

Sponsored

Budshd

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon w/Extreme Pkg, 2019 911 Turbo S
I don’t understand the two days, but just picked up an in stock 392. It had 11 miles. I joked with management that they probably needed to put new tires on for the 11 miles of neutral drops. 🤣 They stayed for PDI, the tech needs to put 5 miles on the truck.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Used my build (one of the first JLR's in March 2018) to show & sell. Even put it on the show room floor. They said they could get much more than I was paying. I should have sued.
You list a 2018 JLUR in your Vehicle(s) data. However, your post, as typed, strongly implies that a dealer also sold a 2018 JLR that you ordered. Can you clarify?

Just curious to know if Rairdon really had the chutzpah to pull that crap.

Aquastream

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, Hella Yella, 2.0 T
Decent progress today. I went immediately to work on the 392 this morning, detailed the interior first. Next was a thorough wash and dry. Lastly, I clay barred the entire vehicle except the center of the hardtop, which I'll hopefully complete tomorrow. The clay bar job takes time and allows one to visually spot any defects in the paint and glass. Also had just enough time to load my firefighting gear and some other items into the back (after laying down my usual floor protector.

20221105_175236.jpg
Congrats. VERY sharp looking jeep

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
You list a 2018 JLUR in your Vehicle(s) data. However, your post, as typed, strongly implies that a dealer also sold a 2018 JLR that you ordered. Can you clarify?

Just curious to know if Rairdon really had the chutzpah to pull that crap.
I ordered an 18 JLUR and 18 JLR ASAP they were pretty hot stuff at the time. The magazines and UTUBE had us lathered up good. They promised to keep both in the back away from the drooler's and call me immediately as I even wanted to see them come off the truck. The JLUR came in first and was delivered to me as expected. Weeks later I went by and they had my JLR sitting outside the show room doors, all cleaned up and looking ready to deliver. They said it still had to go thru the mechanical PDI they would call when ready. Next day I went over and they had it inside on the showroom floor. That's when the SHIT hit the fan. I had previously purchased 2 Rams and the 18 JLUR from them and they didn't care. Again, I should have sued. The service dept. of Rairdon's in Monroe treated me OK but the rest of Rairdon's of Washington State sucks big time and I am a good warning I hope they go bankrupt. Sorry, I know I'm supposed to forgive but that's real hard.

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I ordered an 18 JLUR and 18 JLR ASAP they were pretty hot stuff at the time. The magazines and UTUBE had us lathered up good. They promised to keep both in the back away from the drooler's and call me immediately as I even wanted to see them come off the truck. The JLUR came in first and was delivered to me as expected. Weeks later I went by and they had my JLR sitting outside the show room doors, all cleaned up and looking ready to deliver. They said it still had to go thru the mechanical PDI they would call when ready. Next day I went over and they had it inside on the showroom floor. That's when the SHIT hit the fan. I had previously purchased 2 Rams and the 18 JLUR from them and they didn't care. Again, I should have sued. The service dept. of Rairdon's in Monroe treated me OK but the rest of Rairdon's of Washington State sucks big time and I am a good warning I hope they go bankrupt. Sorry, I know I'm supposed to forgive but that's real hard.
It is the right thing to do....forgive. However, you won't forget!!
Sponsored