Sponsored

Armorlite New Product Update Info: JLU 4Door Cargo

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
I just put in front, rear and cargo. The cargo area was certainly the most challenging part. The instructions don't really cover how to deal with the flipper panel very well.

After reading through this thread i was a bit concerned about how the cargo mat was going to play out. After looking it over though, i decided to install the cargo tie downs over the new cargo mat. Thankfully the existing bolts were long enough and everything seems to look really nice like this.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

There is some minor warping where the bolts push down on the mats, but i prefer the added strength vs. not sending the bolts in as far as they can go. Some longer bolts might be a better solution here though.

After install only one of the covers for the tie downs would actually stay closed. I used a touch of superglue to lock them back down eventually.

It was tricky getting the hole placement in the mat just right since there are no markings, but it is not brain surgery either.

It's too bad there is no great solution for the back of the seats. Those always collect a ton of dog hair.

The flooring is really nice overall. Road noise went down noticeably too.
@ParisJeep - I would like to know your cutting method? I'm debating about doing the storage lid cut as well. I might actually just copy what you've done and move the tiedown rings on top also. Curious if they seem to get in your way any when loading / unloading cargo?

I mainly use this area for beach gear, groceries, etc. so I don't see it being an issue. I could see if you want to slide something larger in or out it getting caught but I have a cheap harbor freight furniture blanket back there always anyway.
Sponsored

mygreenkaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
As you wish:

https://www.allmoparparts.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=cargo

this shows all items associated with the cargo area. There is a difference between leather and carpet seat vehicles for the cargo liner system, and the cloth seat is more expensive because it includes a part that didn't come on cloth seat vehicles, but DOES come on leather seat vehicles. PM Benny if you have any more questions.

I haven't picked this up yet, but intend to, just for getting the cover for the backs of the seats and fold.
To bad we couldn't get the back seat and flapper cover separate. @Armorlite Kail - this should be part of the cargo package for Leather seat owners! I know it's Mopar stuff but I'm certain you'all could come up with a similar solution!

ParisJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Wrangler
@ParisJeep - I would like to know your cutting method? I'm debating about doing the storage lid cut as well. I might actually just copy what you've done and move the tiedown rings on top also. Curious if they seem to get in your way any when loading / unloading cargo?

I mainly use this area for beach gear, groceries, etc. so I don't see it being an issue. I could see if you want to slide something larger in or out it getting caught but I have a cheap harbor freight furniture blanket back there always anyway.
For the tie downs I created an X cut with a razor knife and fed the screws in. If i was off a little i just increased the size of the X to get to the right spot. It might not be water tight but most debris won't get through and the tie down ring covers all that up anyway.

The tie downs haven't caused any trouble for me.

* Dogs - never complained
* Groceries - never ripped a bag
* Luggage / Camping Gear - Easily slides out and remains in one piece

The only complaint i have is with the part over the storage compartment. The armorlite mat doesn't hold flush against the underlying storage hatch. Sometimes the storage hatch doesn't close all the way, a blockage or whatever, but now also sometimes the hatch closes, but the armorlite part gets blocked or needs some coaxing to get all the way down so the rear door can close. It's a pretty minor issue but it is annoying enough that i will eventually try to find a solution.

Maybe some double sided tape or velcro to secure the armorlite mat down better. I haven't actually attempted that yet. If anyone else comes up with a good solution i'd be interested.

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Finally have the budget to finish off the cargo area, but I have a few questions, @Armorlite Kail.

I have the leather seats, so I have the little flap in the cargo area. Already have a Weathertech mat back there, so I don't [currently] need the cargo mat.

Obviously I'm going to do the wheelhouse covers - that's the main part I want:
Cargo Wheelhouse Covers (L/R) - 18-23 Wrangler JLU (4Dr) – Armorlite (goarmorlite.com)

Do I also need the Cargo Closeout:
Rear Cargo Closeout - 18-current Wrangler JLU (4Dr) – Armorlite (goarmorlite.com)

Or is that made redundant by the flap that covers this gap?

Sponsored

PJJeepLife

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

Finally have the budget to finish off the cargo area, but I have a few questions, @Armorlite Kail.

I have the leather seats, so I have the little flap in the cargo area. Already have a Weathertech mat back there, so I don't [currently] need the cargo mat.

Obviously I'm going to do the wheelhouse covers - that's the main part I want:
Cargo Wheelhouse Covers (L/R) - 18-23 Wrangler JLU (4Dr) – Armorlite (goarmorlite.com)

Do I also need the Cargo Closeout:
Rear Cargo Closeout - 18-current Wrangler JLU (4Dr) – Armorlite (goarmorlite.com)

Or is that made redundant by the flap that covers this gap?
I would get the Cargo Closeout as well. I know it's small but then it will somewhat connect to the rear seat flooring under the seat. I'll see if I have a picture from when I did mine. I know I did have to cut it in order to install because of the leather seat flat.

PJJeepLife

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Clubs

I would get the Cargo Closeout as well. I know it's small but then it will somewhat connect to the rear seat flooring under the seat. I'll see if I have a picture from when I did mine. I know I did have to cut it in order to install because of the leather seat flat.
Actually the Armorlite website has a pretty good picture of it -
Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite New Product Update Info: JLU 4Door Cargo Cargo Closeout
Sponsored