Sponsored

Armorlite New Product Update Info: JL 2Door rear floor and cargo

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Quick update, still nothing concrete but we are starting the final design review process. This still includes time working back and forth with the tool shop before we are able to lock down a release schedule. But it is news that the date is moving forward.

Since the JL 2 door originally only received a front floor package kit it was in line for further design. Instead of just releasing the rear passenger area we decided to jump to making a more complete kit in this next phase.

The next JL kit to be released will include Front and Rear passenger flooring, cargo floor, rear wheel house and seat back. This will basically be providing Armorlite from firewall to tailgate. As the JKU kit we expect to sell this in a package as well as various ala cart products as well. This way you can order the coverage that suits your build best and works with vehicles that are outfitted with other aftermarket products or for those who have seat deletes.
Thank you ! The 2 door complete rear Cargo area eagerly awaited. (Rear seat removed, no holes)
Sponsored

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
Quick update, still nothing concrete but we are starting the final design review process. This still includes time working back and forth with the tool shop before we are able to lock down a release schedule. But it is news that the date is moving forward.

Since the JL 2 door originally only received a front floor package kit it was in line for further design. Instead of just releasing the rear passenger area we decided to jump to making a more complete kit in this next phase.

The next JL kit to be released will include Front and Rear passenger flooring, cargo floor, rear wheel house and seat back. This will basically be providing Armorlite from firewall to tailgate. As the JKU kit we expect to sell this in a package as well as various ala cart products as well. This way you can order the coverage that suits your build best and works with vehicles that are outfitted with other aftermarket products or for those who have seat deletes.
Yay! Good news for my JLR then! :D

Question, I was thinking of doing a full sound assassin on the tub of my JLR, would that not be compatible with this since it raises the floor that fraction of an inch?

OP
OP
Armorlite Kail

Armorlite Kail

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Kail
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JKU Rubicon, 64 C10, 61 Panhead
Occupation
Glorified Floor Salesman
Yay! Good news for my JLR then! :D

Question, I was thinking of doing a full sound assassin on the tub of my JLR, would that not be compatible with this since it raises the floor that fraction of an inch?
IT will be fine, keep in mind covering 100% of the surfaces with butyl based sound deadening makes no improvement over covering the main portions of the large flat areas.
So to make your future Armorlite install easier I recommend stopping short a few inches of your plastic trim, console and around the plug holes.

Sazabi19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gator Gladiator Sport S, '22 Gobi JLR
IT will be fine, keep in mind covering 100% of the surfaces with butyl based sound deadening makes no improvement over covering the main portions of the large flat areas.
So to make your future Armorlite install easier I recommend stopping short a few inches of your plastic trim, console and around the plug holes.
Thank you for the reply :) That will be very helpful.

And I'll second @John VonJeep about the forum pre order discount on the 2-door version. We're always the red headed bastard stepchildren when it comes to products. We'd love to included too :D

Sponsored

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Best advice ever. I just installed Kilmat and my Armorlite flooring this weekend. It took every ounce of energy to keep my OCD from covering every square inch with the Kilmat. The only issues I ran into were the MBQuart amp rack under the passengers seat didn't sit down far enough. I had to bend the rack down to get my seat to slide back and forth. Other than that; love the product and the road noise was a lot more tolerable.

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
any updates yet on the rear cargo mat? For the 4 door JL.

BMB

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
any updates yet on the rear cargo mat? For the 4 door JL.
Seconded. I’m hoping to order a full coverage kit like offered for the JKU when this product is ready.

Sponsored

zw470

First Name
McFly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLR

Wendon65

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL
Good afternoon Armorlite. I’ve had my front seat Armorlite floor system in for 2-1/2 months now. Really would love to finish it up with the rear and cargo. Any updates?
It’s the rainy season!!!
2 door Jeep JL. Florida.
Jeep Wrangler JL Armorlite New Product Update Info: JL 2Door rear floor and cargo 21638A57-08EF-469A-918E-43EEEE03299C

Par-T-Rex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Islander
I got Armorlite for my 4 Dr JK and it’s awesome. I’m excited to get my claws on the 2dr JL full coverage for my new Jeep.

if only I could talk them into doing white…

ZBRA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SJ Cherokee, SJ Gladiator, JKU, & JL
I'm really wanting to go this route on my new 2-door JL. I honestly believe that carpet is the dumbest thing ever made standard on a Jeep. I have done the Line-X floors in two Jeeps, Raptor liner in one, and I have used a competitor's product (BedTred) in my last two JKs. Honestly, I have been very happy with the BedTred system even after 6 years of use.

Although I have never used an Armorlite product, I do prefer the drain system that Armorlite features which is why I'm considering switching brands. I am however very hesitant to purchase the front floors now while the rears are not available. I'm afraid that 1) the rear liners will never see light of day. Let's be honest, the 2-door JL is in it's 6th production year. or 2) buying the front now and rear later will come out at a higher cost than buying a complete kit later.

I'm going to have to do something soon though. Carpet has no place in my Jeeps.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
This "Waiting Game " is getting tedious, I can do a line-ex or something similar for the rear cargo area myself. The Dog Hair in the carpet actually waves in a breeze.
Sponsored