Sponsored

Armor: JCR or MetalCloak

RedStripeJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 XJ Sport, 2019 Jl Rubi
Hi all.

First post on the new JL forums. I have new JL on order and am already ordering the buildup parts. I'm looking for opinions on armor. I need a complete set. I have experience with JCR products and love them. But was wondering what people think of it compared to the metal cloak system or if anyone has any other recommendations.

I'll be strapping this system to 37's and hopefully a teraflex long arm kit when they become available.

Thanks everyone!

Red
Sponsored

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
If you have any specific questions about our products, shoot us a message or feel free to call us at 269-353-1184 :like:

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Sales/Tech Support- Metalcloak
Thank you for even throwing our name in the hat! I am sure whether you go our route or @JcrOffroad you will be happy as both are going to be quality parts! Let me know if you have any specific questions I can help with as well.

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Watch the litebrite youtube video on metalcloak install and there's a follow up that shows the abuse it took really well. Some day when I can afford something like their armor, that's the route I'd consider. Wish list armor goals.

I bought a JCR stinger and it rusted after 3 weeks. Sold it for a fraction of what I paid for it. Replaced it with Maximus-3 stinger.

Sponsored

OP
OP

RedStripeJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 XJ Sport, 2019 Jl Rubi
That really surprises me that you had issues with JCR Stuff. I've got my XJ dripping in JCR equipment and have only had one little issue, that they fixed for me right away. From a toughness standpoint the bumpers, armor and accessories I've used have taken a beating. The only thing that has me looking around at other options was their recent price hike which although understandable considering the recent steel pricing issues, was none the less a wrench in my budget.

Does anyone know what the total weight of both kits might come up to? With armor and 37's I'm thinking about total weight and balance as well. Metal cloak's kit took a beating on @litebright Rubicon video, and it did impress me. It sure does look heavy though.

CloakedJL

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
metalcloak.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Occupation
Sales/Tech Support- Metalcloak
That really surprises me that you had issues with JCR Stuff. I've got my XJ dripping in JCR equipment and have only had one little issue, that they fixed for me right away. From a toughness standpoint the bumpers, armor and accessories I've used have taken a beating. The only thing that has me looking around at other options was their recent price hike which although understandable considering the recent steel pricing issues, was none the less a wrench in my budget.

Does anyone know what the total weight of both kits might come up to? With armor and 37's I'm thinking about total weight and balance as well. Metal cloak's kit took a beating on @litebright Rubicon video, and it did impress me. It sure does look heavy though.

The Metalcloak skids weight just under 180 lbs for all 3 pieces and you will remove skids on Rubicon models. We aim for not sacraficing durability or protection and keeping them as light as possible.

JcrOffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jcroffroad.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU, 2008 Jeep Wrangler JK, 2006 Jeep Wrangler LJ, 2001 Jeep Cherokee, 1987 Jeep Comanche
Occupation
Manufacturer
Watch the litebrite youtube video on metalcloak install and there's a follow up that shows the abuse it took really well. Some day when I can afford something like their armor, that's the route I'd consider. Wish list armor goals.

I bought a JCR stinger and it rusted after 3 weeks. Sold it for a fraction of what I paid for it. Replaced it with Maximus-3 stinger.
That's a bummer and we are sorry to hear it. Did you reach out to us?
Explanation in this thread for anyone else having an issue.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jcr-prerunner-hoop.9698/#post-362022

Cliffs Notes:
We moved all of our powder coating in-house (it was outsourced) and are laying down a zinc rich primer before the top coat. Should solve all these issues.

If anyone is having problems with a previous product, please contact us so we can take care of it. Sorry for the headaches :like:
https://www.jcroffroad.com/CTUS.html
Sponsored