Arizona Trip

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2020 Toyota Tacoma
Looks like I will be road tripping with my daughter to Arizona in March (her spring break). Will be in Tucson for a day or 2 then a few days in Phoenix. Would like to hit some trails while there. Looking for some recommendations or better yet if there is someone in that area that would like to go out with us. Always better have a guide familiar with the area.
Sponsored

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
Looks like I will be road tripping with my daughter to Arizona in March (her spring break). Will be in Tucson for a day or 2 then a few days in Phoenix. Would like to hit some trails while there. Looking for some recommendations or better yet if there is someone in that area that would like to go out with us. Always better have a guide familiar with the area.
If you can get up to Sedona, I recommend The broken Arrow trail. It is short, and very scenic.

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L 2021 JLU Sport 2LT 2015 Sport 3.6L
Occupation
Retired homicide detective
Send a FB message to SOAZ Off Road. THE most active group in Tucson. Lotta great rubs around here.

ckuptz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Check out jeeptheusa.com website, it has lots of Arizona trails with GPX files. In the greater Phoenix area, there are a lot of trails on the east side. Bulldog Canyon (free permit required from Tonto National Forest), Montana Mountain, Four Peaks, Superstition Backroads are all trails that I did when visiting the area last month.

Sponsored

OP
OP
cmb

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What type of wheeling are you looking for? Rock crawling, scenic and smooth, etc

Might help narrow down the suggestions
Daughter would like more of the scenic type trails. Nothing to crazy since I will need to drive the Jeep back to Austin.

OP
OP
cmb

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Send a FB message to SOAZ Off Road. THE most active group in Tucson. Lotta great rubs around here.
Thanks, will reach out to the group[

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks, will reach out to the group[
DM me if that doesn’t work. The guy that started the group is a friend of mine. They do almost daily runs.

Moregone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Daughter would like more of the scenic type trails. Nothing to crazy since I will need to drive the Jeep back to Austin.
Next to Saguaro lake east of Phoenix, there is an area called Butcher Jones. You can offroad to some coves and get down to the water. From there you can connect to the Four Peaks area. Nothing too challenging and you would get to see some beautiful sites.

IMG_20200104_085145.jpg

OP
OP
cmb

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DM me if that doesn’t work. The guy that started the group is a friend of mine. They do almost daily runs.
Will do, thanks!

Sponsored

OP
OP
cmb

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Next to Saguaro lake east of Phoenix, there is an area called Butcher Jones. You can offroad to some coves and get down to the water. From there you can connect to the Four Peaks area. Nothing too challenging and you would get to see some beautiful sites.

IMG_20200104_085145.jpg
Looks perfect, thanks.

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara

IMG_20200104_085145.jpg
Butcher Jones is cool. Cove 1 is pretty easy, I've even taken the minivan there. Ganted, the van is lifted (the photo is not of Butcher Jones).
42754401475_c6762ba0b8_h.jpg

Reactions: cmb

Thdoors

First Name
Dabber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Butcher Jones is cool. Cove 1 is pretty easy, I've even taken the minivan there. Ganted, the van is lifted (the photo is not of Butcher Jones).
42754401475_c6762ba0b8_h.jpg
Now that’s a minivan I could get behind. Very nice man!

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This time of year, anything in the higher desert areas is absolutely stunning.
Google these in north Phoenix:
Butcher Jones
Lake Pleasant
Sheeps bridge
Table Mesa
Backway to Crown King

Between Tucson and Phoenix
Coke ovens
Box Canyon
Ajax mine

OP
OP
cmb

cmb

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This time of year, anything in the higher desert areas is absolutely stunning.
Google these in north Phoenix:
Butcher Jones
Lake Pleasant
Sheeps bridge
Table Mesa
Backway to Crown King

Between Tucson and Phoenix
Coke ovens
Box Canyon
Ajax mine
Thanks, looks like we should get into Tucson 3/14, Will spend a couple days there then, head up to Phoenix for a few days and work our way up to the grand canyon. Know the daughter wants to do Crown King.
Sponsored