Arizona owners - please check in!

DatsunX3

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Sport S - Ordered
Just picked up last week and got back from a detail. Coated in Feynlab Ceramic by B's Wax (AZ Auto Aesthetics) down in Mesa. Highly recommend these guys worth the drive if you are remotely close. I'll be back there in the coming weeks to get it tinted in Xpel Prime XR Plus (guy was sick so couldn't do it at the same time).

IMG_20191103_171627.jpg
Your Rubicon looks great. Thanks for posting this. I will get an estimate for my new 2020 JL. I've been thinking about either a partial paint protection film or maybe a Ceramic coating. Not sure which would be the better way to go. Anyway thanks again, I'm looking for options and will check with them.

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
Your Rubicon looks great. Thanks for posting this. I will get an estimate for my new 2020 JL. I've been thinking about either a partial paint protection film or maybe a Ceramic coating. Not sure which would be the better way to go. Anyway thanks again, I'm looking for options and will check with them.
I highly recommend these guys as well. They do great work!

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
@CarterRuss ... welcome to the area. There are a ton of trails for every level of off roading. Check out Facebook ... Four Corners off-road adventures ... for some local discussion on trail rides. A group is out running a trail right now and we're currently planning for a run next weekend.

Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
I guess I am the new kid on the block. Waiting for a December delivery of an ordered JKU Rubicon. Getting a billet silver with the Sky One Touch top and painted fenders......penstar and 8 speed AT. Most of the popular options....but plastic bumpers as I want to swap them for steel aftermarkets.

Bought Patriot mid front bumper from Rock Hard and the RH Patriot Slider / Steps on the way too. Then decided to pull the trigger on a RH rear bumper too. Looking for a deal on a winch on Black Friday. Likely will add a 2" lift and 35's but gotta drive it a bit first and determine further mods.....

I'm in the west Valley near the 303 and 10 - Goodyear. Looking forward to finding a local group to do some light / moderate trail rides. Reading all I can......and patiently waiting.

Hope I am not getting too old to do all the wrenching for these mods.....grin. Looking forward to the adventures to come.

CarterRuss

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 07 RS4
Even though it's not 100+ out right now, the rig has been in the sun and it's noticeably cooler on the inside with the top of line ceramic tint from Xpel (Prime XR+). I'd say it's 100% worth the premium.

Free plug for a solid guy (Greg) and quality work at Fade to Black Tinting in Mesa.

IMG_20191112_150301.jpg

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I'm new to AZ and here for the winter/spring. If anyone ever needs a trail buddy, I'd probably be down on the weekends (and some Fridays). I'm out in Scottsdale.

Went out to Bulldog today, nice easy run to break in the new rig.

IMG_20191109_141058.jpg
Welcome Russell! Look forward to seeing you on the trails! We try to run every weekend when possible. As Tom noted check out that Facebook group, I am sure it will be very active this fall, winter and next spring.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

stickersteve

First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Tucson here. Used to live in northern arizona near sedona and did quite a bit of offroading. Was away from jeeps for 7 years but am back now with a 2019 2.0 rubicon. I dont even remember how to go offroad.

TimothyFS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Reached my highes level of incompetence - Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi guys! Just wanted to create a thread for us folks from AZ to have a way to stay in touch and get to know each other. I know there's a quite a few of us JL owners out there!

Maybe in the future we can do some trails together and test our JL capabilities :jk:

Please introduce your self with the below! Looking forward to meet you all :rock:

Jhonn (just like John)
Gilbert AZ (Val Vista and Queen Creek)
Sting Gray JLUR. Stock for now.

20180519_211020.jpg
Tim
Queen Creek Az (Victoria and Ellsworth)
Stock 2019 Bikini Pearl

4peaks3.jpg

OP
OP
jhonn236_AZ

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Checking in:
Found this mountain by lake pleasant, all the SxSs were driving around it, but a white 2dr drove up. So I did the same. About halfway up I lifted a tire or something and rolled backwards. Adjusted my line and made it to the top where I made contact with a rock... When I went out to check, there was oil on the rock and my heart sank. After some searching, and a little panicking, I found where I made contact, a body mount. No real damage, not my oil.
Later on down this trail I got intimidated by some steps, but some other Jeepers encouraged me to go for it and showed me the line. They continued on to the back road to crown king and I took the easy trail back to pavement. Enough fun for that weekend.

F5442D92-42E8-4390-B65E-B84B603310C4.jpeg

CEEBC52E-6F36-4344-AFB1-9DC235FEF7AC.jpeg
you'b be surprised of how capable your Rubicon is! - more often than not, our own fear doesn't let us see the Jeep's limits... I do that all the time haha.

BOWZ3R

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
First time here and i figured this would be a good place to start. Picked up our 2020 JLUR just a few weeks back and we are loving it so far!

day 1.jpg
Sponsored