Arizona owners - please check in!

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I'm thinking about making a Facebook "group" for Trail runs. I know there are a few already but they get pretty petty and focus too much on trash talk etc. I want a simple group that we can all use (and invite others that are in the 4 corners for posting trail runs. No sponsors, no fighting, just a place to coordinate trail runs.

We have a few on here but I know it has been hit or miss for notifications for me. A Facebook group would be an easy way to keep in touch and coordinate. I won't do it if no one is interested, but it would be nice for an easy way to get larger group trips planned, and to let others know on short notice runs. I plan to go somewhere every weekend, so company is always welcome. Having Facebook allows using a pin "event" and other items that are not possible here. I will always keep using this site, but hope to how the off-road network as it is always safer to go with others. (I had to rescue people today on Bulldog Canyon trail. So made me think about what if that was me).

I am going to call the group Arizona and four-corners off-road trail runs or something similar.

Thoughts? If there is interest I will create it and post the link here for people join and start posting runs.
I’m in.
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
If you stay out of AZVJCs forums and just stick to the trail run ones....there's a lot less drama. JFYI.
I think that the online organization of trail runs is a great idea, however the format. But getting the info out to other enthusiasts might be the biggest hurdle. So far, I've found that posting info up on this forum via the 4 corners section seems to target the right audience. Whatever you decide on doing, keep us updated.

Speaking of runs......reminder that this Sunday, April 28th in Table Mesa is a more advanced run on Upper and Lower Terminator. Meeting at 9am at the Shell Station off of New River Road. Would love to see and meet new people up there.
I would love to make it, but dont want to hit that trail stock. Mine goes into Doetsch the 29th for all the skids etc, amd hopefully my new wheels and tires if they are in. Once my full skids are on I will be more comfortable on the harder trails.

I did 3554 from bulldog canyon today, it was a lot of fun.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Group created. Four-Corners off-road adventures

https://www.facebook.com/groups/558599207877061/

If someone would like to be added as a moderator feel free to let me know. I think it will help those that do use Facebook to have easy access to others wanting to hit the trails on short notice, and to plan longer trips. Feel free to share with those you know that would appreciate the ability to coordinate, and who could use help in getting others out on the trails with them. Always safety in numbers.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Question for all those here in AZ, what winch are you running and what made you pick it? I have a Warn Zeon 10s in my garage in the box, but I am really thinking about returning it and goi go with a Smittybilt X20 comp with synthetic line. Here in AZ, I just don't know that I will use the Warn enough to justify almost 4x the price. I could get a new Poison Spyder bumper with the savings.

I know that it is a good safety net, and Warn used to be the gold standard, but from all I can find online the X20s seem to be pretty good and Warns have been going downhill. I would always test the winch (Like all equipment) before going on a run where it may be needed, really leaning to the swap.

Thoughts?

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Long time Warn owner here.....and my last two winches have been Smitty X2Os (but with steel cable). For the money, they seem to be great winches. I really like the wireless remote feature as well. Only thing I do differently is I order Ramsey steel hawse fairleads (Warn's cast steel fairleads are unnecessarily large) since I run steel cable (seen way too many breaks of the synth line here on AZ rocks....ya, they are safer for bystanders when they break, but I've never actually seen a steel cable break here versus seeing more than a half dozen synth lines let go. And while synth may be safer for bystanders, IMO, it's a lot more dangerous for the vehicle and occupants since they're the one's dangling from it on a big waterfall). I do usually shorten them up as 100-125 feet is way beyond what's needed here....I shorten them to lighten the overall weight as well as so that it doesn't birds' nest as much on the drum since you rarely will pull straight on on the trail.

JMO.
Thanks for the opinion. I am actually leaning to return the Warn and get the X20. It would be over 1k less and that can be spent on other things I was not planning for but may be nice.(or use to pay for entire Yeti Steer smarts setup)

Sponsored

djmason9

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Website
bitcowsStickers.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL 4 door Rubi, 2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia
Vehicle Showcase
Hey AZ Jeep owner here. Chandler area had mine just over a year. Just got back from Easter Jeep Safari. Since its still my new baby I didn't go to hard on it. But I did a few good runs. Heres a few pics on Hells revenge and Long Canyon Rd.

IMG_8143.jpg

IMG_8221.jpg

IMG_8142.jpg

Bskylerj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Jeep Wrangler, 2011 Chevy Avalanche, 2012 Hyundai Sonata
B597D0B0-FD23-4E19-B4E8-66D98684F43B.jpeg
I’m located in Gilbert

I’d love to meet up with other Jeep folks and explore. Just moved here from Washington state the end of December.

I’ve got a 2019 Unlimited Sport S

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
welcome @djmason9 and @Bskylerj !

I look forward to meeting up and hitting some trails, if you have a day you want to go post on here and others can join. you can also message me and I can send you a Facebook group that some of us are using to setup trail runs. our last outing had 6 Jeeps, and was a lot of fun.

we will setup everything from easy family friendly slower pace scenic drives, to hard core rock crawling.

I am located right at the Gilbert / Chandler border off Gilbrt road on the far south side.

welcome again!

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM
Hi AZ Jeepers! So glad to have found you! I’m in Gilbert, and currently have a ‘17 JKUR, but planning to get a ‘19 JLUSS. I’ve been going through a lemon law case for the last 5 months so I haven’t taken my Jeep off road (lawyer asked me to keep it in new condition) and am itching to get on the trail! I’d love to join you guys some time, but on a newbie family friendly trip. :)

I see @Cypher is modding at Doetsch. I’m planning to do lift, wheels and tires once I get my new rig, but not sure where to go. So many options! I’d love feedback especially from you local Jeepers. Any advice welcome! Thanks!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Hi AZ Jeepers! So glad to have found you! I’m in Gilbert, and currently have a ‘17 JKUR, but planning to get a ‘19 JLUSS. I’ve been going through a lemon law case for the last 5 months so I haven’t taken my Jeep off road (lawyer asked me to keep it in new condition) and am itching to get on the trail! I’d love to join you guys some time, but on a newbie family friendly trip. :)

I see @Cypher is modding at Doetsch. I’m planning to do lift, wheels and tires once I get my new rig, but not sure where to go. So many options! I’d love feedback especially from you local Jeepers. Any advice welcome! Thanks!
I was happy with Doetsch. they seem to do really good work. their labor is a little high, but I think you do pay for the quality.

I do try and do as much work myself as I can, but for sure some things are just easier to let the pros do it.

Sponsored

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB "Saharacon", 2006 Wrangler TJ, 2018 F-150 RCSB 4x4
For those in the East Valley, Bulldog Canyon can be a fun morning run. It's not technical, but it's really close. We can get to the Ellsworth trailhead in about 30 minutes from my House. If you're ever interested, do make sure you register. It's free, so no worries. :)

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/tonto/recarea/?recid=35555

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
For those in the East Valley, Bulldog Canyon can be a fun morning run. It's not technical, but it's really close. We can get to the Ellsworth trailhead in about 30 minutes from my House. If you're ever interested, do make sure you register. It's free, so no worries. :)

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/tonto/recarea/?recid=35555
yes, that is a fun trail. you can make it shorter as well by taking 3554 (wash area most of the run). I plan to run it tomorrow evening because it is a shorter trail perfect for an evening run.

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
yes, that is a fun trail. you can make it shorter as well by taking 3554 (wash area most of the run). I plan to run it tomorrow evening because it is a shorter trail perfect for an evening run.
we go out there quite a bit, for either a morning breakfast, or a lunch run. Plenty of spots to picnic. A couple of times we've seen the wild horses. now that was wild! at least twice, we've seen a small herd of deer too. In the cooler weather, you just have to watch out for the ATV's, but our rigs are bigger.... :)

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
B597D0B0-FD23-4E19-B4E8-66D98684F43B.jpeg
I’m located in Gilbert

I’d love to meet up with other Jeep folks and explore. Just moved here from Washington state the end of December.

I’ve got a 2019 Unlimited Sport S
I think I drove past you the other day. not a lot of Mojito with the black wheels like that. I have a Punk'n Rubicon. hard to miss,

javelina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a picture of our "Saharacon", and the TJ. For the MOAB, we were heading out to Tortilla Flat. For the TJ shot, that's on the Bulldog 3554 trail... adding one additional pic. We also head out in our ATV from time to time as well. (that shot is via the Bulldog Wolverine pass entrance).

m1.jpg

T1.jpg

f1.jpg
Sponsored