Sponsored

Arizona owners - please check in!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, getting a little frustrated now. My FCA customer service person has been replaced by some from the corporate executive response team and so far it has not been a good thing. My first rep was working out shipping my jeep home to a local dealer in AZ. As of now that is who knows where. We cut the 2nd week of our trip out where we planned to hit NM, CO, ama UT and are going to just come home. We plan to just drive a few hours a day as it is pretty tough to drive and wears you out.

Its funny, I on multiple occasions talked up how nice my JLUR drove before. We have had it a month, and have 4500 miles on it. So when I hear someone get told they all drive like this I know it's b.s. even mine was great until about 2500 -2700 miles. Since then it is like driving an old farm truck. I drove a 26ft U-Haul box truck from MO to AZ when we moved, towing my wifes be impala on a trailer and it was easier to keep within the lines.

Between the constant coolant leaks, and the new steering issues it has really made it rough to stay positive. The sad part is that I know nothing comes close offroad so part of me still wants to keep it. Im sure i have a tough decision ahead.
I decided to keep it if at all possible. (but my case was escalated so may be out of my hands) The only leak seems to be at the coolant overflow tank now, and it did not get hot on my 3500 mile round trip I just took. The Steering is still bad (actually even worse), but I may just fix that on my own with Yeti parts as everything is on backorder. My goal is to get a lifetime or extended warranty in case leaks come back, and to get my dealership and my corporate executive management escalation person to agree that since all the parts are backorder I can replace them with yeti parts and not have it void my warranty on the steering box etc. some dealers put on a Fox stabilizer etc. so it is not unheard of to use other parts. My main thing is making sure I don't have issues 30k miles from here. (Already have over 6k miles in about 1 1/2 months.)

On a side note, being new to AZ I got my plates yesterday. Holy cow that was not cheap. I only did the 2 year plates and it was well over 5k all in with sales tax. it would have been even more for the 5 year plates. Miss the MO system where this would have been about 3800 total. I had the temp 90 day registration since I bought out of state and had to wait for the paperwork. still had until May, but figured I would just get it out of the way.

Roam steps will be in Monday, plan to install right away. Then I need to work out with Doetsch to get the skids all installed and figure out my lift and wheel tire combos. I planned for the Nitto's, but still not sure. Also now thinking about going to a 37" and just swap them for the factory tires for day to day use. Then both sets will last longer. Only issue will be longer trips where we plan to wheel. Then I'll just run the 37s. It's the MPG that has me torn. on my trip, hwy driving over 70(windy) I was getting around 15 to 16 MPG, and it struggled to hit 8th on the highway with factory tires. we took a lot of smaller back roads on the way home (like 117, 60 etc.) and on the windy slower roads we were almost 22mpg average when going 55 to 60 or less. on one of the detours we checked out the lava fields in New Mexico, that was awesome.

D49A1DDD-21AB-4CD9-8D26-F4375ACA4982.jpeg

8160D041-AA90-4FE1-86A2-8A9858BE3AAA.jpeg

A1CED37D-52A8-441B-9761-E9513B3A9548.jpeg

B3E97A43-37A4-4843-890D-A9797A6C005A.jpeg
Sponsored

OP
OP
jhonn236_AZ

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
I decided to keep it if at all possible. (but my case was escalated so may be out of my hands) The only leak seems to be at the coolant overflow tank now, and it did not get hot on my 3500 mile round trip I just took. The Steering is still bad (actually even worse), but I may just fix that on my own with Yeti parts as everything is on backorder. My goal is to get a lifetime or extended warranty in case leaks come back, and to get my dealership and my corporate executive management escalation person to agree that since all the parts are backorder I can replace them with yeti parts and not have it void my warranty on the steering box etc. some dealers put on a Fox stabilizer etc. so it is not unheard of to use other parts. My main thing is making sure I don't have issues 30k miles from here. (Already have over 6k miles in about 1 1/2 months.)

On a side note, being new to AZ I got my plates yesterday. Holy cow that was not cheap. I only did the 2 year plates and it was well over 5k all in with sales tax. it would have been even more for the 5 year plates. Miss the MO system where this would have been about 3800 total. I had the temp 90 day registration since I bought out of state and had to wait for the paperwork. still had until May, but figured I would just get it out of the way.

Roam steps will be in Monday, plan to install right away. Then I need to work out with Doetsch to get the skids all installed and figure out my lift and wheel tire combos. I planned for the Nitto's, but still not sure. Also now thinking about going to a 37" and just swap them for the factory tires for day to day use. Then both sets will last longer. Only issue will be longer trips where we plan to wheel. Then I'll just run the 37s. It's the MPG that has me torn. on my trip, hwy driving over 70(windy) I was getting around 15 to 16 MPG, and it struggled to hit 8th on the highway with factory tires. we took a lot of smaller back roads on the way home (like 117, 60 etc.) and on the windy slower roads we were almost 22mpg average when going 55 to 60 or less. on one of the detours we checked out the lava fields in New Mexico, that was awesome.
After almost 14,000mi on my odometer I've learned that the Wrangler's sweet spot for MPG is at around 65 - it feels like anything above that almost equals 1=1 (1mph higher than 65, 1 mpg down, lol).

Also remember that once you increase size of your tires, your MPG/MPH will be off (unless you adjust your settings using a Tazer).

TBH - who cares about MPG? :giggle: Enjoy your Wrangler!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
And that's why you're going to start seeing a lot of "out of state" tags. Then on top of all that, you get hit with an addition $32 per vehicle to pay for the teacher pay raise that the Governor lied and claimed he'd "found" the money in the budget during the election campaign only to have the new tax go into effect after the election. Instead of a direct payoff to teachers.....we now get to pay additional monies for DPS.
I was shocked at the total. When I asked for the quote for 5 year plates first he laughed. He said try the vehicle a few years before I commit to that lol

Go N 4LO

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 TJ
Just got word today that my JLUR order has shipped. Guess it’s time to sell my TJ! I’m up in NE Mesa, looking forward to my next Jeep getting here.

OP
OP
jhonn236_AZ

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
We bought a little toy for the family this past weekend! Had to go pick it up in Henderson NV, but it was a great excuse to put it to use on the way back. First impressions - very sturdy and well made! Looking forward to many more camping trips! :rock:

20190330_164612.jpg

20190329_205618.jpg

Sponsored

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
We bought a little toy for the family this past weekend! Had to go pick it up in Henderson NV, but it was a great excuse to put it to use on the way back. First impressions - very sturdy and well made! Looking forward to many more camping trips! :rock:

20190330_164612.jpg

20190329_205618.jpg
Sweet!

grapesie

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Rubicon Hard Rock
My JLUR is at the rail yard in Vegas! Should be at the dealer today or tomorrow...can't wait to pick her up this week!

Going from a '17 JLUR Hard Rock to a '19 JLUR.

AZ-Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Stingray Grey
Occupation
Self Employed
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Hi All
Got my new JL a couple of weeks ago and love it. Big improvement over the JK I think. This is my eighth jeep. I have never driven anything else and never plan too. It's my wife's and I 20th anniversary this weekend and we are going to stay at Castle Hot Springs and we were thinking of doing Box Canyon in the morning one day. Any thoughts? Is there a back road from Castle Hot Springs to Box Canyon? Thanks in advance for any help.

IMG_6726.JPG

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Rubicon 3.6l, ‘20 JT Sport S
Hi All
Got my new JL a couple of weeks ago and love it. Big improvement over the JK I think. This is my eighth jeep. I have never driven anything else and never plan too. It's my wife's and I 20th anniversary this weekend and we are going to stay at Castle Hot Springs and we were thinking of doing Box Canyon in the morning one day. Any thoughts? Is there a back road from Castle Hot Springs to Box Canyon? Thanks in advance for any help.

IMG_6726.JPG
We are going through box canyon near Florence on Sat 4/27 in the am.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/april-27th-box-canyon-near-florence.27319/

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking about making a Facebook "group" for Trail runs. I know there are a few already but they get pretty petty and focus too much on trash talk etc. I want a simple group that we can all use (and invite others that are in the 4 corners for posting trail runs. No sponsors, no fighting, just a place to coordinate trail runs.

We have a few on here but I know it has been hit or miss for notifications for me. A Facebook group would be an easy way to keep in touch and coordinate. I won't do it if no one is interested, but it would be nice for an easy way to get larger group trips planned, and to let others know on short notice runs. I plan to go somewhere every weekend, so company is always welcome. Having Facebook allows using a pin "event" and other items that are not possible here. I will always keep using this site, but hope to how the off-road network as it is always safer to go with others. (I had to rescue people today on Bulldog Canyon trail. So made me think about what if that was me).

I am going to call the group Arizona and four-corners off-road trail runs or something similar.

Thoughts? If there is interest I will create it and post the link here for people join and start posting runs.

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking about making a Facebook "group" for Trail runs. I know there are a few already but they get pretty petty and focus too much on trash talk etc. I want a simple group that we can all use (and invite others that are in the 4 corners for posting trail runs. No sponsors, no fighting, just a place to coordinate trail runs.

We have a few on here but I know it has been hit or miss for notifications for me. A Facebook group would be an easy way to keep in touch and coordinate. I won't do it if no one is interested, but it would be nice for an easy way to get larger group trips planned, and to let others know on short notice runs. I plan to go somewhere every weekend, so company is always welcome. Having Facebook allows using a pin "event" and other items that are not possible here. I will always keep using this site, but hope to how the off-road network as it is always safer to go with others. (I had to rescue people today on Bulldog Canyon trail. So made me think about what if that was me).

I am going to call the group Arizona and four-corners off-road trail runs or something similar.

Thoughts? If there is interest I will create it and post the link here for people join and start posting runs.
I'm in.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Not interested on my end...just b/c I don't do FB. Knowing what we all should about FB's model, I'm surprised people still use it frankly.
Im with you on the way they operate. I don't have a page of my own even. My wife and I have a shared page that contains no personal information, and we never use their apps etc. As a cyber security manager, I also keep things on lockdown. But for a platform for sharing events and trail rides etc. It is hard to beat and why I thought of it. I would have preferred a google product, but they shitdows google+, and using a shared calendar would be harder for a larger audience. I like the idea of the AZ virtual jeep club, but most posts are just people arguing. I want to focus on trail runs etc. Maybe help get weekend trips to moab or other closer places together etc.

4xnaz

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

I think that the online organization of trail runs is a great idea, however the format. But getting the info out to other enthusiasts might be the biggest hurdle. So far, I've found that posting info up on this forum via the 4 corners section seems to target the right audience. Whatever you decide on doing, keep us updated.

Speaking of runs......reminder that this Sunday, April 28th in Table Mesa is a more advanced run on Upper and Lower Terminator. Meeting at 9am at the Shell Station off of New River Road. Would love to see and meet new people up there.
Sponsored