First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
The Willys looks great!! We should link up and hit a trail sometime. Are those the 35x11.50 Toyos and did you tackle the waterfall towards the end of the trail?
Thanks for the compliment.

Yup, we should hook up. I've got a few trails mapped NE of AJ we can try out.

The Toyos are 285/75R17. I'm gonna run these until they wear out then look at some larger (taller) tires. As it is they are 33.86" tall at recommended PSI which is about 1.75" taller than the original Firestone Destination MT2 tires that it came with.

The area near the foot of the waterfall was total washed out and strewn with boulders so I drove up to it, got out to check it out and decided I was done going in that direction.

Lots of ATV's ripping around there but it was a weekend so it's to be expected. Saw a silver Rubi coming up the trail as we started down.
Sponsored

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks for the compliment.

Yup, we should hook up. I've got a few trails mapped NE of AJ we can try out.

The Toyos are 285/75R17. I'm gonna run these until they wear out then look at some larger (taller) tires. As it is they are 33.86" tall at recommended PSI which is about 1.75" taller than the original Firestone Destination MT2 tires that it came with.

The area near the foot of the waterfall was total washed out and strewn with boulders so I drove up to it, got out to check it out and decided I was done going in that direction.

Lots of ATV's ripping around there but it was a weekend so it's to be expected. Saw a silver Rubi coming up the trail as we started down.
I haven't been there in years, makes sense that the bottom would be a mess after all the glorious rain we've received this monsoon.

I had the same size tire on my last two trucks, makes a lot of sense especially now that Toyo is offering them in a C-rated version!

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
It went great. The Wrangler performed well, the navigation linked up with the satellite receiver so we were able to watch our progress on our tablet, airing down and back up again went off without a hitch, etc.... I have a couple of interior rattles to deal with along with a wonky 67 Designs dash mount arm that wants to rotate in place. I really liked how the Toyo ATIII tires managed the deeper sand areas.

We went up Box Canyon outside of Florence. It is an easy trail with just enough rock, sand, ledges and hard pack to exercise the suspension and lube up the transfer case. Not to mention it is a good trail for this noob to try on his first exploration.
Great to hear!! That’s a fun little run!

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Snazzleberry, 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
Just found this thread, was wondering there was an Arizona thread. I haven't been out in a few weeks but this was Chevy Hill in Superior a few weeks ago. The rain really changed the trail. Lots of mud and some damage on my new sparkling 21 snazzle. Also quite a few pin stripes from Sycamore creek. A lot of overgrowth out there.

Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! IMG_3788.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! IMG_3789.JPG

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If anyone is looking for a good shop I've been going to BulletProof Off Road in Mesa. Solid shop, Honest, won't up sell you on something you don't need. They are getting all my work going forward.

Hope someone here gets out today after the rains yesterday. Have fun and post pics

Sponsored

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Just found this thread, was wondering there was an Arizona thread. I haven't been out in a few weeks but this was Chevy Hill in Superior a few weeks ago. The rain really changed the trail. Lots of mud and some damage on my new sparkling 21 snazzle. Also quite a few pin stripes from Sycamore creek. A lot of overgrowth out there.

Those stripes on the flare are gnarly! Those came from Sycamore? Which part? There's so much traffic through there I'm genuinely surprised you got gouged that bad!

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Just checkin' in. Met @TrailSnail last week and I expect we'll be hooking up again in the future for some local trail runs.

I can't say my Snazzy is done but it's close. I wonder if it will ever be done... LOL

Howdy to all the Arizona folks out there.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Just checkin' in. Met @TrailSnail last week and I expect we'll be hooking up again in the future for some local trail runs.

I can't say my Snazzy is done but it's close. I wonder if it will ever be done... LOL

Howdy to all the Arizona folks out there.
I would be open to a trail run if not too difficult (still getting my newest AZ trail ready). Really have to be careful with the Diesel until I get a better belly skid to protect the fuel filter and oil pan.

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I would be open to a trail run if not too difficult (still getting my newest AZ trail ready). Really have to be careful with the Diesel until I get a better belly skid to protect the fuel filter and oil pan.
Box Canyon just NE of Florence is an easy trail.

I think it would be a fun trip...once it cools down!

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Box Canyon just NE of Florence is an easy trail.

I think it would be a fun trip...once it cools down!
Its easy except for the waterfall. I ran it in my stock 2019 Rubicon. Not sure my diesel without skids would do as well though.

Sponsored

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
Its easy except for the waterfall. I ran it in my stock 2019 Rubicon. Not sure my diesel without skids would do as well though.
A lot of stuff came down during the monsoon through the waterfall area. The first ledge is buried in woody debris and a few new boulders. My thought is when we get to the base we stop.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
A lot of stuff came down during the monsoon through the waterfall area. The first ledge is buried in woody debris and a few new boulders. My thought is when we get to the base we stop.
I have never run up the waterfall, both times I have done it I went down amd ended in Florence. Up would be a new experience.

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I have never run up the waterfall, both times I have done it I went down amd ended in Florence. Up would be a new experience.
I went up the waterfall when I had a bone stock Jlu sport without issue. Granted that was early 2020.

TrailSnail

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JL Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I'd have to see the waterfall in person, but I don't imagine the debris would be there for long. Also, the far left line (facing up) has always been easy (up and down) for even midsize trucks with mild lifts and 33s... I'm sure a JL would have no issues.

Devil6Dog

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Those stripes on the flare are gnarly! Those came from Sycamore? Which part? There's so much traffic through there I'm genuinely surprised you got gouged that bad!
Oh no i got those on Chevy Hill in Hackberry Creek down in Superior. I didn’t ease into the Offroad scene so took a trail or two to get comfortable where my corners are. On the other hand tho i got those first scratches out of the way 😉
Sponsored