Arizona owners - please check in!

AZJim_JoAnn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon, 2020 JL Sport S
The wife and I are hitting Schnebly Hill tomorrow to get our badges of honor.
Sponsored

DesertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB: JLU.
Called a dealer at the end of October for the steering box. Said it would be 11/17 before they could order it. It arrived today! Today is a GOOD day.

Guess I can cancel my place in line at Bill Luke. Waiting until spring was not gonna work for me.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Called a dealer at the end of October for the steering box. Said it would be 11/17 before they could order it. It arrived today! Today is a GOOD day.

Guess I can cancel my place in line at Bill Luke. Waiting until spring was not gonna work for me.
Something is definitely funny about these order delays.
I took mine in a week ago for an oil change, talked to him about the steering and and a new visor. (common problem I guess).
The steering unit came in within a week, and the visor took 2 weeks. They are installing them both on Monday.

GunnarAZ

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Willys 2 Door
Occupation
Real Estate
Took delivery on 11/21 went up to Payson and hit some easy trails to help get her broken in, looking forward to more trails and some actual serious wheeling in the future.

JLR manual transmission

Located in Chandler

IMG_20201122_112803481_HDR.jpg
Where is this trail in Payson? I'd like to get up there and explore some nice, easy trails to start getting my feet wet. Would love to know what trail this, where to find it up there, etc. Thanks.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Where is this trail in Payson? I'd like to get up there and explore some nice, easy trails to start getting my feet wet. Would love to know what trail this, where to find it up there, etc. Thanks.
Take a look at this trail ... https://azoffroad.net/east-verde-river-trail It's not well known, but has some neat views and isn't that difficult. There is one water crossing near the south end, but that shouldn't be a problem.

AZ Offroad has a number of trails out west of you that are easy and interesting. Look at this one: https://azoffroad.net/robbins-butte-gillespie-trail The owner of this website is primarily an Overlander. Search out the rest of his website for some interesting overland trails ... he does one major one a year.

Also, a visit to this site might be in order: https://azoffroad.net/oatman-massacre-trail The north end of the trail has been cut off by a rancher, but you can get to the massacre site quite easily. Read up on the history behind the Oatman Massacre before you go ... it's quite interesting. You can see the wagon wheel tracks in the rocks coming up out of the valley.

Sponsored

ChromeToaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JL Rubicon, 03 Honda XR650L
that trail was actually on the way to Payson up near Gisela. theres also some other trails nearby that I've yet to explore if anyone wants to go there sometime.

here's the start of the trail that was in my pic
Google Maps

We followed it for a few miles its only 1 vehicle wide and has a decent amount of bushes so you will likely get some pinstriping...if you care about that.

AZJim_JoAnn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Spent the day tooling around Table Mesa yesterday with the wife. Chickened out and turned around a few times. 😁
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! 39559
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! PXL_20210102_211651461

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
.... Chickened out and turned around a few times. 😁
That's a great attitude to have here in the mountains and the desert. I've turned around a bunch of times when the trail looked to be beyond my skill set. I've since gone back and passed through a couple of those "turn a rounds" when I became more comfortable with the Jeep.

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
Spent the day tooling around Table Mesa yesterday with the wife. Chickened out and turned around a few times. 😁
We were there a week ago. It’s a fun place to romp around in. We tried Boulder Creek trail but did the same. Hit a sketchy section and turned around. We were by ourselves and didn’t want to risk having any problems.
It’s gorgeous in that back area. We have a 18 JLU Sport, 2.5 inch lift, and 35s
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! D95859AB-2359-43AB-B00E-B7BB7137785F

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Greetings from FL!
We’re not in AZ yet. Currently we’re in north FL but we’ll be moving to a place near Phoenix in the next couple of years. We have some family in Mesa and will be somewhere near them.
We currently have our first Jeep, a JLUR on order that’s supposed to be deliver in the next couple of weeks.
Ive already spent a good bit of coin on her while we’re waiting. 37s are going on before I pick it up.

Sponsored

AZJim_JoAnn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats on the purchase and early welcome to the valley of the sun! I'm just south of Mesa in Gilbert. Table Mesa is only an hour drive for me. AZ is such a diverse landscape.

AZJim_JoAnn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's a great attitude to have here in the mountains and the desert. I've turned around a bunch of times when the trail looked to be beyond my skill set. I've since gone back and passed through a couple of those "turn a rounds" when I became more comfortable with the Jeep.
I'm glad I'm not the only one. 😁

Dalvarado55

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport 2.0, MC 3.5" lift, Rubi Axles
Welcome to AZ!!! Lots great diverse trails here. Our backcountry is absolutely gorgeous and worth the trip.

MARSHMELLA

First Name
Kirt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Military
Congrats on the purchase and early welcome to the valley of the sun! I'm just south of Mesa in Gilbert. Table Mesa is only an hour drive for me. AZ is such a diverse landscape.
Thank you very much!
The wife has already picked Gilbert or Chandler as her favorite place to live.

AZJim_JoAnn

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For as much wheeling that happens in AZ I'm surprised that we don't have more chatter. Is anyone in a jeep club here? Never been a part of one. Also I saw they are doing another jamboree at table mesa this year in March. Not sure if folks saw that.
Sponsored