First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2017 Porsche 911
Build Thread
Link
Bad news - Moore Jeep just called and said they have my Jeep torn apart to fix the service stability control warning light. I thought it was a computer error... They have dropped my skid plates, transmission, and transfer case to try to fix it :facepalm: So they said they won’t have my Jeep back to me until at least Monday. If anyone is looking for a group to jump in with, I know that State 48 Jeepers is headed to Smiley Rock on Sunday morning.

JLStorm

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport S
Gilbert checking in!! I just moved here a month ago and am finally getting settled in enough to start exploring.
I'm Heather and I have a 2018 JLU.
Question for AZ natives.....I've never lived in a location where I could run my Jeep totally naked due to security reasons.
When is naked season here? It's a bit chilly this week, so do you guys just layer and stay naked or do you put doors and top back on?
Are you guys hardcore and running all year long or only certain months?
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! 1605120106208

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
Gilbert checking in!! I just moved here a month ago and am finally getting settled in enough to start exploring.
Question for AZ natives.....I've never lived in a location where I could run my Jeep totally naked due to security reasons.
When is naked season here? It's a bit chilly this week, so do you guys just layer and stay naked or do you put doors and top back on?

Welcome Neighbor! Doetsch Off-Road in Chandler here. Let me know if you need anything at all. Naked season is anything that isnt Summer. Take it off, wear a hoodie...youll be good!

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
Checking in from the Tucson area. Have a basically stock 2019 Rubicon Unlimited. Have done off-roading down here and in Sedona and Flagstaff, but nothing in the Phoenix metro area. Interested in upcoming runs.

Sponsored

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to Arizona Heather. You will love the state. I wasn't raised here, but I have been lucky enough to travel to almost all the states. This is the state I will never move from. Great weather (hot summers, but the rest of the year is incredible) and big on allowing personal freedoms. I am getting ready to go topless again.

JLStorm

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome Neighbor! Doetsch Off-Road in Chandler here. Let me know if you need anything at all. Naked season is anything that isnt Summer. Take it off, wear a hoodie...youll be good!
Yes!! Do you guys do alignments? I installed adjustable control arms and dialed in my caster just a little bit right before I moved, which improved handling a ton after having driven it lifted for over a year and dealing with a very squirrely ride. It could probably use a look over by someone more knowledgeable with caster on these Jeeps. I'm sitting at 4.8 LF and 4.6 RF per an alignment check I had after the install. I've read that 6 is preferred although it already drives 100x better than it did. :jk:

JLStorm

First Name
Heather
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Welcome to Arizona Heather. You will love the state. I wasn't raised here, but I have been lucky enough to travel to almost all the states. This is the state I will never move from. Great weather (hot summers, but the rest of the year is incredible) and big on allowing personal freedoms. I am getting ready to go topless again.
Thanks!! Even though my grandparents have been snowbirds (Alaska to Yuma) for most of my adult life, I never really gave Arizona much of a thought. I just figured it was tumbleweeds, cactus and sand sprinkled with a rattlesnake and scorpion here and there lol
Then covid hit and I had an opportunity to take a road trip due to extra furlough time and Arizona was in between my major destination points. I was amazed at how beautiful it is here. My boyfriend's kids ended up moving to Yuma in July, so we followed but chose to buy a home in Gilbert. We're definitely here to stay.
I've lived in Alaska, Oregon, Minnesota, and California and I'm excited to be in an area where it's not frigid or gloomy half the year and the political mindset is more aligning with mine.
I'm definitely going to follow with going topless once I put up a rack in my garage to store all the soft top bits!

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks!! Even though my grandparents have been snowbirds (Alaska to Yuma) for most of my adult life, I never really gave Arizona much of a thought. I just figured it was tumbleweeds, cactus and sand sprinkled with a rattlesnake and scorpion here and there lol
Then covid hit and I had an opportunity to take a road trip due to extra furlough time and Arizona was in between my major destination points. I was amazed at how beautiful it is here. My boyfriend's kids ended up moving to Yuma in July, so we followed but chose to buy a home in Gilbert. We're definitely here to stay.
I've lived in Alaska, Oregon, Minnesota, and California and I'm excited to be in an area where it's not frigid or gloomy half the year and the political mindset is more aligning with mine.
I'm definitely going to follow with going topless once I put up a rack in my garage to store all the soft top bits!
I was raised in So Cal and will never live in that state again, but for those that love living there ... great, don't move ;)

I bought the Racor PHL-1R lift and love it. If you were to choose that lift invest in the Topsy products steel cams. I also purchased their replacement strap kit. I have the hard top hung and the soft top and freedom panels on the wire shelf. I installed 2x6's into my joists and mounted the Racor system to that.

WranglerAz

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2019 JLR, 2000 TJ
If you have the heated seats and steering wheel, you can go naked, or at least topless nearly year round. If it is windy, just roll the windows up.

Sponsored

DesertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB: JLU.
Two jeep household in north central PHX.
He has the toy, stretched TJ on tons. I have a JLUR. I have wheels, tires, suspension, bumpers, and tire carrier awaiting install. Waiting for the steering box TSB before installing. Was on a wait list locally since September, called for an update after a month or so, my part order date would be spring. Called another dealer a few weeks ago, they said they could order it on 11/17. Hopped on their list. Fingers crossed it’ll get ordered and installed ASAP so we can build it.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome!

I haven't heard much extreme action on here. But there's stuff somewhere all the time.

This week I've been leaving the back panels off, but top up in the morning. But top down and windows down by afternoon. Doors on though. :(

45° is a bit chilly for full top/doors off

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two jeep household in north central PHX.
He has the toy, stretched TJ on tons. I have a JLUR. I have wheels, tires, suspension, bumpers, and tire carrier awaiting install. Waiting for the steering box TSB before installing. Was on a wait list locally since September, called for an update after a month or so, my part order date would be spring. Called another dealer a few weeks ago, they said they could order it on 11/17. Hopped on their list. Fingers crossed it’ll get ordered and installed ASAP so we can build it.
I visited the dealer to get the inspection for the steel steering box. They ordered the parts in September, but I was on a list due to the 14-day waiting period between orders. Originally set for mid-November, but called yesterday and now the parts are scheduled to be in December 7th (Pearl Harbor day). Hoping the date doesn't slip again.

DesertD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WTB: JLU.
I visited the dealer to get the inspection for the steel steering box. They ordered the parts in September, but I was on a list due to the 14-day waiting period between orders. Originally set for mid-November, but called yesterday and now the parts are scheduled to be in December 7th (Pearl Harbor day). Hoping the date doesn't slip again.
Once I get confirmation mine has been ordered, I will spill the beans about who I’m going through. Just don’t want to jinx myself. I originally tried Bill Luke since closest to the house and we bought a new diesel truck from them earlier this year. They held my jeep hostage for a week and didn’t plan on calling me to let me know it was the steering box as I suggested. They’d probably keep it for months if I let them. I told them I was coming down there to pick it up and it was a shitshow. No one knew what was going on and they couldn’t find the keys. My advisor had already left so we waited 30+ minutes for them to figure it out.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Once I get confirmation mine has been ordered, I will spill the beans about who I’m going through. Just don’t want to jinx myself. I originally tried Bill Luke since closest to the house and we bought a new diesel truck from them earlier this year. They held my jeep hostage for a week and didn’t plan on calling me to let me know it was the steering box as I suggested. They’d probably keep it for months if I let them. I told them I was coming down there to pick it up and it was a shitshow. No one knew what was going on and they couldn’t find the keys. My advisor had already left so we waited 30+ minutes for them to figure it out.
I am in the Tucson area, so I have two dealers to choose from. I chose the one I did based on the reviews. I have had nothing but positive experiences with the dealers service department. I have only gone to them for the clutch recall and now the steering box TSB.
Sponsored