Arizona owners - please check in!

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
When the shocks were installed, did you have them set them up for performance or comfort? Just curious because I have some Falcon ST2 3.1s being installed on Monday.
Yea I’m curious to know how they ride. If I was you I make sure to be in the shop and check if they install it in comfort.
Sponsored

SimianHacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
Yea I’m curious to know how they ride. If I was you I make sure to be in the shop and check if they install it in comfort.
For sure, when I drop it off, I'm gonna confirm with them how I want it setup. Based on the Falcon description, I want comfort :D

desert.darlin.jl

First Name
Lindsey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
Hey y'all... I'm Lindsey! Just gettin started with my 2020 Jeep JLU Sport build.
You can follow a long for daily posts at: www.Instagram.com/desert.darlin.jl

1000 miles in, heres what I've done.

-Teraflex ST4 4.5" lift with Falcon 3.1 sp2 shocks.
-20x11.5 paint matched Black Rhino Fury Wheels.
-37x13.50-17 Cooper STT Pro tires.
-Cavfab Spare delete.
-iDrive throttle controller.
-paint matched hard top.
-Rubicon fenders. (Not yet pictured)
-JCR inner fender liners. (Not yet pictured)

More to come!

Screenshot_20201014-194311_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20201014-194347_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20201014-194331_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20201014-194258_Instagram.jpg

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
So any update on ride?
I havent even had time to check settings, I'm an engineer in medical field and it's been non-stop. I did get deep well sockets for impact gun. But too many things going on. I'm sure that is it, hopefully Sunday I can check....

Sponsored

SimianHacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
So any update on ride?
So I ended up going with a 2.5 inch lift (Teraflex base spring lift) and the Falcon 3.3s instead of the 3.1s because you can adjust the firmness based on your activities. There's a little switch on each shock that has 1 (Soft), 2 (medium with a dial for customizing the firmness from 1-8), and 3 (firm). I played around with each of the settings on the road and settled on 2.4 for every day driving. It's a good balance between firm and soft. I love to tinker with stuff and that's what sold me on the 3.3s over the 3.1s.

One thing I've noticed is that on 2.4 and 3 it corners like a race car where there is a bit of body roll on the soft setting (1). Also I don't feel like I'm getting blown around as much on the highway in 2.4 BUT for longer trips I will probably use the firmest setting (3) which would help even more.

I was initially concerned that having a 2.5 inch lift would make the it feel a little unstable on the road, especially cornering; having good shocks eliminates that concern. It actually feels more stable now than it did stock.

I've yet to take it off-road, I got it back on Monday and my schedule just hasn't opened up enough to go wheeling. I might have to play hooky from work this afternoon and hit FR10 at Bulldog Canyon.

Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! jeep-with-lift - 1

Shoutout to Ben at Doetsch Off-Road, he was really patient with my noobie questions and did a great job on guiding me towards a setup that I'm really happy with.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
So I ended up going with a 2.5 inch lift (Teraflex base spring lift) and the Falcon 3.3s instead of the 3.1s because you can adjust the firmness based on your activities. There's a little switch on each shock that has 1 (Soft), 2 (medium with a dial for customizing the firmness from 1-8), and 3 (firm). I played around with each of the settings on the road and settled on 2.4 for every day driving. It's a good balance between firm and soft. I love to tinker with stuff and that's what sold me on the 3.3s over the 3.1s.

One thing I've noticed is that on 2.4 and 3 it corners like a race car where there is a bit of body roll on the soft setting (1). Also I don't feel like I'm getting blown around as much on the highway in 2.4 BUT for longer trips I will probably use the firmest setting (3) which would help even more.

I was initially concerned that having a 2.5 inch lift would make the it feel a little unstable on the road, especially cornering; having good shocks eliminates that concern. It actually feels more stable now than it did stock.

I've yet to take it off-road, I got it back on Monday and my schedule just hasn't opened up enough to go wheeling. I might have to play hooky from work this afternoon and hit FR10 at Bulldog Canyon.

Shoutout to Ben at Doetsch Off-Road, he was really patient with my noobie questions and did a great job on guiding me towards a setup that I'm really happy with.
Looks good. Control arms?

SimianHacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
Looks good. Control arms?
Nope... I think that would come with the ST kits. But from what I can tell that starts to become more important on larger lifts of 3" or more (based on the little research I've done). Fair warning, I'm a bit of a noob so correct me if I'm wrong :D

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
So any update on ride?
So I did go out last night pulled a rear shock and there is no adjustment on mine. Really hoping there was...Looked at my sales order p/n was 11-01-21-400-200. I think the sp2's are 11-02-21-400-200 and sp2's are adjustable. I might contact Terra Flex one of these days not that they can do anything...

Tdkrum5

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 White JLU Altitude
Vehicle Showcase

Looks good. Getting ready to get a Clayton 2.5 overland lift with these shocks. Do you recall if you turned the bottom setting to soft or firm? Keep us posted on how you like the shocks?

Sponsored

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon

Soooo we should meet up and see how you feel about me testing it out for a drive? I have a orange rubicon that still needs to get a lift and don’t really want to spend $5k on evo lift if teraflex is just as decent enough for my daily driving. Lol

SimianHacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
Soooo we should meet up and see how you feel about me testing it out for a drive? I have a orange rubicon that still needs to get a lift and don’t really want to spend $5k on evo lift if teraflex is just as decent enough for my daily driving. Lol
For sure... I have a lot going on this week and upcoming weekend but next week would work.

The Custom Jeep Builder

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2021 392 Rubicon
Occupation
Jeep Customizer
So I did go out last night pulled a rear shock and there is no adjustment on mine. Really hoping there was...Looked at my sales order p/n was 11-01-21-400-200. I think the sp2's are 11-02-21-400-200 and sp2's are adjustable. I might contact Terra Flex one of these days not that they can do anything...

You have Falcon 2.1s. The adjustables start at series 3.3 and higher. However, you have Falcon 2.1 Sp2s which are soft/performance adjustable but not by a dial. Its how they are set on install. You have to take the shock off partially and rotate the shaft 360 deg left or right to get those settings. When we install these sp2 shocks, we take in to consideration the overall weight of the build and the clients usage. If its light (not a overland type of set up, or huge tire carrier, etc) we will set to soft. If its a heavier rig or a lot of offroad we will set to the higher setting.

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You have Falcon 2.1s. The adjustables start at series 3.3 and higher. However, you have Falcon 2.1 Sp2s which are soft/performance adjustable but not by a dial. Its how they are set on install. You have to take the shock off partially and rotate the shaft 360 deg left or right to get those settings. When we install these sp2 shocks, we take in to consideration the overall weight of the build and the clients usage. If its light (not a overland type of set up, or huge tire carrier, etc) we will set to soft. If its a heavier rig or a lot of offroad we will set to the higher setting.
I have Falcon 2.1s however they are not SP2s. There is no twist to adjust. There is no markings, I took the bottom bolt off Friday evening... twisted 5+ turns either way. Did make sure clockwise was last. No change.
Sponsored