Arizona owners - please check in!

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
running a Rock Krawler, ran one on my 18 Sahara and now on my Rubi. As of now would not change a thing.
C1CB9804-C2AE-4992-8425-B3FD9DCEA426.jpeg
are those fox 2.5 shocks worth it? ON road quality?
Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
are those fox 2.5 shocks worth it? ON road quality?
Prob a matter of opinion. I have mine dialed in where I like them. My father in law has a Moab, a buddy has a sport and both say mine rides very nice in comparison to theirs. Father in law has falcons and is running the same lift. Some of this could be due to tire size and pressure. I would not change them.

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Prob a matter of opinion. I have mine dialed in where I like them. My father in law has a Moab, a buddy has a sport and both say mine rides very nice in comparison to theirs. Father in law has falcons and is running the same lift. Some of this could be due to tire size and pressure. I would not change them.
thanks for your response! if we ever meet a possible ride in your rig will help lol

Sponsored

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
Are we gonna do a "Message Board Meet Up Jeep Up"? Cause it sounds like that's where this is heading.
i think several folks from the Az forum have met up, but to date I have not been able to make one. There is an off-road show coming up at westworld correct? On the 17th I think.

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
i think several folks from the Az forum have met up, but to date I have not been able to make one. There is an off-road show coming up at westworld correct? On the 17th I think.
that would be fun. As I wanting to pull the trigger on a lift but looking at some of your and maybe riding in them would help clarify which route is best for me.

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Anyone running metalcloak 2.5' game changer and your thoughts?

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Sorry for delay been busy at work. I have to say not sure what I did wrong but my ride isn't the best.

i feel it may be the shocks with the Terra Flex kit. I have the Falcon 2.1 series, but I added new tires at same time. They are the Nitto Ridge Grappler 35's. I had them put on I didn't realize they where 10 ply tires great for loads not great for ride. I'm not sure if it is shocks or tires. The ride at slow speeds around town not the best, but blasting down dirt roads at high speed is a riot. Can not bottom Terra Flex suspension. Extremely controllable. The lift wound up being 4 inch's front 3.5 in the rear from the ST2 kit on my 2018 Sport with winch and steel front bumper. Looks great.

Sponsored

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Anyone running metalcloak 2.5' game changer and your thoughts?
Lol yea i Need to change that...it was my bachleor party like 10 years ago...trying to hold onto the lost moments ha

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Sorry for delay been busy at work. I have to say not sure what I did wrong but my ride isn't the best.

i feel it may be the shocks with the Terra Flex kit. I have the Falcon 2.1 series, but I added new tires at same time. They are the Nitto Ridge Grappler 35's. I had them put on I didn't realize they where 10 ply tires great for loads not great for ride. I'm not sure if it is shocks or tires. The ride at slow speeds around town not the best, but blasting down dirt roads at high speed is a riot. Can not bottom Terra Flex suspension. Extremely controllable. The lift wound up being 4 inch's front 3.5 in the rear from the ST2 kit on my 2018 Sport with winch and steel front bumper. Looks great.
thats exactly what I found from others. I think it maybe due to the dregressive shock valving compared to like fox and others which have progressive. Dregressive great for fast trailing and jumps but progressive for slower speeds. I have been trying to actually drive in one so I can tell myself as so many shops around here keep pushing tera flex. I mean i am not saying its bad just not for my driving style.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
For all you az people what lifts you liking? I was leaning towards Metal cloak 2.5" and 2nd was EVo and 3rd was JKS. Any info would help? I want more cushion for street with potholes and what not. The metalcloak seems to be best, the evo i heard the springs sag and i dont know if kings are more geared towards off road/fast trails and be stiff at slow speeds on pavement? Same with JKS they had standard springs to pick as an option but i heard fox 2.0 shocks can be stiff. Just so many choices and no shops has the lifts with vehicles out front to test drive lol. I mean when buying a car you test drive to make sure you like it sooo why not with lifts.
Here is the Mopar 2" lift. More than enough flex for anything I would ever do.
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! 20201006_122108

AlanD

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Nacho Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
There where several options for shocks when I bought the ST2 . I thought I was smart going with the Falcons and they are loosening up after a couple thousand miles but still stiff. There where a couple cheaper options or option of no shock at all. Run extension on factory shocks?
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! IMG_20200627_160524

SimianHacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
There where several options for shocks when I bought the ST2 . I thought I was smart going with the Falcons and they are loosening up after a couple thousand miles but still stiff. There where a couple cheaper options or option of no shock at all. Run extension on factory shocks?
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! IMG_20200627_160524
When the shocks were installed, did you have them set them up for performance or comfort? Just curious because I have some Falcon ST2 3.1s being installed on Monday.
Sponsored