Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
HI. No, I didn't buy from Larry Miller. Those guys would hardly give me the time of day. They wanted me to order the Jeep, then they would take whatever incentives Jeep was offering when it arrived off the MSRP. So, basically, they wanted me to order a Jeep without knowing the price. Lol.

I ended up going through Earnhardt in Gilbert. Which also happens to be 1% lower tax rate than Avondale. Very easy process. All online.
I don't have any interest in LHM Avondale, but I think Avondale still has the tax break for single item purchases over $10k. Specifically geared to get tax on vehicle purchases below others in the valley.
I've bought 5 vehicles from them over the last 10 years, and ended up buying my JLUR from LHM Surprise just because of proximity to where I live and where we will get it serviced during the warranty period. LHM does have high pressure sales guys, but if you break through that, the management always has treated me well and given me good deals in the end. You just have to get past the guy that jumps you at the door when you first walk in.
Sponsored

GunnarAZ

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Willys 2 Door
Occupation
Real Estate
I don't have any interest in LHM Avondale, but I think Avondale still has the tax break for single item purchases over $10k. Specifically geared to get tax on vehicle purchases below others in the valley.
I've bought 5 vehicles from them over the last 10 years, and ended up buying my JLUR from LHM Surprise just because of proximity to where I live and where we will get it serviced during the warranty period. LHM does have high pressure sales guys, but if you break through that, the management always has treated me well and given me good deals in the end. You just have to get past the guy that jumps you at the door when you first walk in.
That's interesting. I've never even heard of that tax break on a single item over $10k. Too late for me now. And I wouldn't have cared. They wouldn't give me the time of day or be straight with me, so no need to go business there. But that's cool to know. Do you know how much of a tax break it is?

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
That's interesting. I've never even heard of that tax break on a single item over $10k. Too late for me now. And I wouldn't have cared. They wouldn't give me the time of day or be straight with me, so no need to go business there. But that's cool to know. Do you know how much of a tax break it is?
Not 100% sure anymore. But 1% or 2% drop? just enough to be under the "normal" city taxes in other jurisdictions.

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
In Avondale, the sales tax on a single tangible item over $5k is taxed at 1.5% (Same as Gilbert). Normal city tax in Avondale is 2.5%

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
In Avondale, the sales tax on a single tangible item over $5k is taxed at 1.5% (Same as Gilbert). Normal city tax in Avondale is 2.5%
Perfect.
Thanks for looking that up :)

Sponsored

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring

^ Good Point. Never seen such aggressive salesmen as they have in "OZ" (I'm from MN). When I went into the store at Bill Luke.....I asked to talk to the sales manager. I told him I wanted to work with a decent salesman that knew the product and would buy from them without the high pressure type and with someone who knew his stuff. He said he had just the guy for me....and introduced us to each other. The process went quite well....but I still had to work him for the "right deal" which took a bit.

He had to submit our deal making prices though their sales manager a few times......finally, I told him I was going to walk if he couldn't do a good deal. That worked and he got to a reasonable discount. Kinda funny.....as I was buying an ordered vehicle rather than one off the lot. The stuff on the lot was aggressively discounted on their website.

But I had to go thru some battles to get my deal. Kinda hate the buying process anymore. I should have just used my old technique and called two of them and worked it over the phone for a few days. That has worked well for me for many years. Also, I come from a small town and normally have bought from the owner of the store. These big city dealers have allot of clowns working for them. It's hard to get to the right guy when your new in town. and unconnected. Just the way it is.

Edit: Somehow I got Miller in place of BILL LUKE. I bought from Luke.

Last edited:

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
HI. No, I didn't buy from Larry Miller. Those guys would hardly give me the time of day. They wanted me to order the Jeep, then they would take whatever incentives Jeep was offering when it arrived off the MSRP. So, basically, they wanted me to order a Jeep without knowing the price. Lol.

I ended up going through Earnhardt in Gilbert. Which also happens to be 1% lower tax rate than Avondale. Very easy process. All online.
Who did you deal with at Earnhardt? Email address? I am willing to make that drive.

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Justin
Soon to be Chandler (Gilbert road and ocotillo road.)
2018 punk’n JLUR. Only changes from factory are 315/70/17 (35s) in place,of the factory 33s.

B75616B2-40A0-4D16-916F-8FDD9943FD6D.jpeg
hey bud how is ride on the 35” any rubbing?

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Another Unicorn here If I ever get time to get out. Rio Verde North Scottsdale area. 2018 Nacho JLUR Sport with Tera Flex lift and 35"s. Going to need to add lockers before I get too crazy...
IMG_20200627_160511.jpg
how is the ride on the teraflex lift? I’m looking at something to soften the ride. Thinking metal cloak?

Sponsored

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Here in Tempe! Our 2018 JLUR on 35's stock rubi height. Smiley Rock over Memorial Day Weekend.

MVIMG_20180526_121202.jpg
Have you experienced any rubbing? I like the height of my rubicon now and just wante 35”s with aftermarket wheels but need some feedback on if it rubs in trails and what not.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
hey bud how is ride on the 35” any rubbing?
I ran the 35s no lift with no issues, but now have a 2" lift and wish I did that from day one.

SimianHacker

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sahara Unlimited
I ran the 35s no lift with no issues, but now have a 2" lift and wish I did that from day one.
I'm running 33s with sway bar disconnects and no lift on my Sahara. I have rubbing when I have a Jeep full of people. If it's just me, everything is fine but as soon as you add load, the suspension sags and starts to rub as it flexes over larger rocks. I'm scheduled to add a 1.5 inch lift and shock upgrade next week.

I was thinking about doing 35s and a 2 inch lift but I think I will wait till my next Jeep, which will probably be a Rubicon. So far, this Jeep has handled everything I've thrown at it, there was a lot of stuff that was past my comfort level.

Harsh

First Name
Harsh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
For all you az people what lifts you liking? I was leaning towards Metal cloak 2.5" and 2nd was EVo and 3rd was JKS. Any info would help? I want more cushion for street with potholes and what not. The metalcloak seems to be best, the evo i heard the springs sag and i dont know if kings are more geared towards off road/fast trails and be stiff at slow speeds on pavement? Same with JKS they had standard springs to pick as an option but i heard fox 2.0 shocks can be stiff. Just so many choices and no shops has the lifts with vehicles out front to test drive lol. I mean when buying a car you test drive to make sure you like it sooo why not with lifts.

Gdub

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Occupation
Engineer
For all you az people what lifts you liking? I was leaning towards Metal cloak 2.5" and 2nd was EVo and 3rd was JKS. Any info would help? I want more cushion for street with potholes and what not. The metalcloak seems to be best, the evo i heard the springs sag and i dont know if kings are more geared towards off road/fast trails and be stiff at slow speeds on pavement? Same with JKS they had standard springs to pick as an option but i heard fox 2.0 shocks can be stiff. Just so many choices and no shops has the lifts with vehicles out front to test drive lol. I mean when buying a car you test drive to make sure you like it sooo why not with lifts.
running a Rock Krawler, ran one on my 18 Sahara and now on my Rubi. As of now would not change a thing.
Jeep Wrangler JL Arizona owners - please check in! C1CB9804-C2AE-4992-8425-B3FD9DCEA426
Sponsored