jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
Sold my Jeep! Parts left behind are:

- Mopar premium soft top (I believe I have all the hardware but might be missing a bolt or two, easy to replace at your local HD)
- Rubicon suspension take-offs with less than 5k mi.

Make me a solid offer I won't refuse :)
Sponsored

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Checking in too.
Just ordered mine, so it will be Jan before I can get back out on the trails.

I live in the NW Peoria/Lake Pleasant area. I sold my old Jeep 6 months ago, and it's amazing how much I miss just going out and exploring. Looking forward to getting back to it.

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Welcome to all the new Jeep owners in the Phoenix area.

If you're looking for wheeling in the local area with others, you have two relatively new choices. Check out Facebook for either or both of these groups: "AZ NEWBIE JEEPERS" and "Four Corners off-road adventures" . Both are low key, friendly, and help to hook you up with local trail rides. They have a broad cross section of skill levels, so if you're into rock crawling or dirt roads you can find a group of folks who share similar desires.

The Four Corners off-road adventures group was started when folks from this forum arranged for a group ride through Box Canyon earlier this year. After the ride, the general consensus was that it was fun, but difficult to arrange via the forum. One of the group (Justin) said he would start a Facebook page for future rides. It quickly included other off-road vehicles besides the JL wrangler and continues to support all off-roading vehicles.

AZ NEWBIE JEEPERS might be a little bit of a misnamed group. It's not just for folks who are turning the key on their new Jeep for the first time. You can be a newbie at dirt roads, rocky roads, bolder strewn roads, or impassable non-roads ... there's a group of folks who can help you get to the next level of intensity.

Oh yes, have a trail that you'd like to try? Join up and post your desire for a specific trail ride you'd like someone to lead. Yep, others will jump in and want to participate ... and someone will have run that trail and volunteer to lead it.

Last edited:

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Since my son lives in Tucson, he reminded me today to be sure to welcome the Tucson folks to the forum and to include them in the two Facebook pages I posted above. There are a number of folks in both Facebook groups who reside in the Tucson area and could easily meet up for some trail runs. Tucson Wash for an easy, but interesting trail ... Charouleau Gap for a harder trail. Start a trail ride and maybe you can entice some of the south-east Phoenix folks to come join you.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Finally picked mine up. Straight out to Lake Pleasant area...
And spent the day pulling my previous Jeep gear out of storage. :)
Tools, recovery gear, first aid, fire extinguisher, etc.

20200216_124655.jpg

Sponsored

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Finally picked mine up. Straight out to Lake Pleasant area...
And spent the day pulling my previous Jeep gear out of storage. :)
Tools, recovery gear, first aid, fire extinguisher, etc.

20200216_124655.jpg
A red dash, wth?

AZ Hella

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Checking in. 35th ave & Glendale
2020 JLUS base here.
The usual Rubicon takeoffs ( suspension and sliders ). 285 70 17 KO2’s on stock steel wheels. JKS disconnects and that’s about it.
upload_2020-2-17_16-45-2.jpeg

Sponsored

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Checking in. 35th ave & Glendale
2020 JLUS base here.
The usual Rubicon takeoffs ( suspension and sliders ). 285 70 17 KO2’s on stock steel wheels. JKS disconnects and that’s about it.
Nice Jeep. Similar setup here on my Sport.

Mikeoso

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.iowaparrotrescue.org
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500, Jeep
Occupation
Retired history teacher
Been a long time, but I lived and Jeeped in southern AZ about 40 years ago, from 1969 to 1979. Lots of running washes around Tucson, and out into the Santa Ritas and Rincons. Had a 1949 Willys wagon, then a 1969 Commando. Worked in Ajo for five years. Overland past Gran Chaco, down to Quijotoa, west into the Cabeza Prieta, east on Pipeline through Burro Gap, then into the hills north of the res. Looked at ghost towns, climbed Coffeepot on foot. Wild West days, totally unstructured.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Been a long time, but I lived and Jeeped in southern AZ about 40 years ago, from 1969 to 1979. Lots of running washes around Tucson, and out into the Santa Ritas and Rincons. Had a 1949 Willys wagon, then a 1969 Commando. Worked in Ajo for five years. Overland past Gran Chaco, down to Quijotoa, west into the Cabeza Prieta, east on Pipeline through Burro Gap, then into the hills north of the res. Looked at ghost towns, climbed Coffeepot on foot. Wild West days, totally unstructured.
Beautiful areas... and totally under appreciated.