First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
If everyone is up for more of a challenge, Broken Arrow is the way to go.

Meet in north Phoenix/I-17 somewhere early? or up in Sedona?

Advertisement

Case67

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara
{I live in Tucson, and I'm pasting here the introduction I just posted in the general new member forum. I'd enjoy meeting and running with others from Arizona.}

Hi,

I owned a red 2-door Wrangler 30 years ago. Loved that car but life intervened and I only kept it for a few years. Now, retired in Arizona for some years, I traded my Lexus in for a 2020 JLU Sahara three weeks ago. Basically, COVID isolation issues were getting to me, and I wanted to be able to explore areas of Arizona and New Mexico that I wasn't comfortable accessing in my Lexus.

Good Lord, the changes 30 years have brought, but it's still a Jeep and I love it. I've had it out several times already in some fairly rough areas including Redington Pass, Box Canyon (the one near Madera Canyon, not the one near Florence (which is on the list)), and the Patagonia Mountains. It's performed perfectly, of course. And the smoothness of the in-town driving is remarkable.

I'm so happy to be a Jeep-owner again, and really enjoying and learning a lot from this forum.

Cheers!

Jeep on Redington Road--small file.jpg

Box Canyon overlook-2.jpg

PHXjlu

First Name
PHX
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu 2020
Vehicle Showcase
If everyone is up for more of a challenge, Broken Arrow is the way to go.

Meet in north Phoenix/I-17 somewhere early? or up in Sedona?
Im down for broken arrow, can we do it sunday? I work Saturdays :(

PHXjlu

First Name
PHX
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu 2020
Vehicle Showcase
If someone up for weekdays such Tuesday or Wednesday that would be better

uawho

First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Im down for broken arrow, can we do it sunday? I work Saturdays :(
I'm good for Sunday too.
I work during the week, so Tue or Wed is out for me.

javooroo

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon Recon (BJ)
Hi guys! Just wanted to create a thread for us folks from AZ to have a way to stay in touch and get to know each other. I know there's a quite a few of us JL owners out there!

Maybe in the future we can do some trails together and test our JL capabilities :jk:

Please introduce your self with the below! Looking forward to meet you all :rock:

Jhonn (just like John)
Gilbert AZ (Val Vista and Queen Creek)
Sting Gray JLUR. Stock for now.

20180519_211020.jpg
JP
North Scottsdale
2020 JLUR (Currently Stock)

IMG_2707.jpeg

IMG_2725.jpeg

Jeepsk8

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
{I live in Tucson, and I'm pasting here the introduction I just posted in the general new member forum. I'd enjoy meeting and running with others from Arizona.}

Hi,

I owned a red 2-door Wrangler 30 years ago. Loved that car but life intervened and I only kept it for a few years. Now, retired in Arizona for some years, I traded my Lexus in for a 2020 JLU Sahara three weeks ago. Basically, COVID isolation issues were getting to me, and I wanted to be able to explore areas of Arizona and New Mexico that I wasn't comfortable accessing in my Lexus.

Good Lord, the changes 30 years have brought, but it's still a Jeep and I love it. I've had it out several times already in some fairly rough areas including Redington Pass, Box Canyon (the one near Madera Canyon, not the one near Florence (which is on the list)), and the Patagonia Mountains. It's performed perfectly, of course. And the smoothness of the in-town driving is remarkable.

I'm so happy to be a Jeep-owner again, and really enjoying and learning a lot from this forum.

Cheers!
I'm in Sierra Vista. We (spousal unit and myself) try to do something every Saturday. We are new to the area, so every trip has been an exploration to say the least. It's been difficult to find people to wheel with and we don't have the Jeep fully outfitted yet so there have been times we just turned around for safety reasons. That said, Gardener Canyon north of Sonoita is a good area. We have been there a few times.

uawho

First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Right down to it now...
Who's in?
Sunday morning? Montana Mtn or Broken Arrow?

Montana Mtn would be much easier for Jeepsk8

Jeepsk8

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Right down to it now...
Who's in?
Sunday morning? Montana Mtn or Broken Arrow?

Montana Mtn would be much easier for Jeepsk8
No way I can do Sunday (I'm like 3 hours away, lol). Not sure why you think I need an easier trail, ain't (that) skeerd! Lol!

uawho

First Name
Nate
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR Hella Yella
Occupation
Civil engineer
Vehicle Showcase
No way I can do Sunday (I'm like 3 hours away, lol). Not sure why you think I need an easier trail, ain't (that) skeerd! Lol!
Lol.
I didn't mean an easier trail.
Just closer to you :)
Easier to get to.

Jeepsk8

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Lol.
I didn't mean an easier trail.
Just closer to you :)
Easier to get to.
Hahaha, no worries! I'll definitely need more lead time to meet up...gotta make them plans and such.

PHXjlu

First Name
PHX
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu 2020
Vehicle Showcase
I totally forgot that champions league final is on Sunday. I wont be able to make it guys.

Endless Summer

First Name
JD
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 AMG E63S
She's a beauty! I have that same/similar pic of my rig right up there.. That's at the top before you start doubling back down to Devil's Staircase, right? What a special place. I imagine it's a touch better with pink traffic on a weekday? I like the stance - 3" and 37s?

PHXjlu

First Name
PHX
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
wrangler jlu 2020
Vehicle Showcase
She's a beauty! I have that same/similar pic of my rig right up there.. That's at the top before you start doubling back down to Devil's Staircase, right? What a special place. I imagine it's a touch better with pink traffic on a weekday? I like the stance - 3" and 37s?
That was at chicken point, it was beautiful out there. Only saw two pink jeeps and few other jeeps, wasnt busy at all. 35s stock rubicon.

Advertisement

Mac Haik CDJR Georgetown

Advertisement