Arizona owners - please check in!

AZpueblo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, '22 JLUR 4xe
Welcome ... just in time for the first question. How noisy are the Falken tires ... say relative to your wife's K02 tires?
The KO2 make no noise, and I do take work calls in my car sometimes, so I worried about that when I first bought it (and initially, I was just going to buy new tires and sell the Falkens), but the Falkens surprised me. When I have the top off, going 50 on a smoothly paved road, you can just hear the slightest, low level hum, but with the top on, it's just a quiet as the KOs. In fact, I made a couple of phone calls and asked my callers, specifically, if my call was noisy or did they hear anything and they said "not at all". I think that Jeep picked those specific tires because they are more aggressive than the KOs, but still within their noise spec. I'm pretty satisfied with them so far, but it hasn't rained yet since I bought my Jeep 3 weeks ago, so I have no idea how they handle in the wet. The joys of Arizona!

TimothyFS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Reached my highes level of incompetence - Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

A few weeks ago I joined this forum with the expectation of getting a new Jeep Wrangler. Well I picked up
my new Wrangler Sport S last night and have very pleased with it. Looking forward to meeting you all in the
future..

2019bikinipearl.jpg

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
I have Asthma really bad and live in the Upper Ohio Valley. I'd give anything to move to Arizona if I could find a good job in my field and convince my wife to move!!!! :)

TimothyFS

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
Reached my highes level of incompetence - Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I have Asthma really bad and live in the Upper Ohio Valley. I'd give anything to move to Arizona if I could find a good job in my field and convince my wife to move!!!! :)

We have a saying here in Arizona. If you didn't have allergies and you move to Arizona, You Will....

Sponsored

OP
OP
jhonn236_AZ

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
is it just my Jeep or is anyone else having this issue: When I set up my AC in auto at say 73 - it feels colder when I have the 'recirculate' button off. When I turn it on, the air coming out from the vents feels less cooler.

Maybe I don't understand the functionality of that button, LOL :facepalm:

ZEN357

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT
Occupation
Auto Mechanic
With the influx of non-native plant species in a large portion of the more populated parts of Arizona, you may not find the respite you want from our drier climate. Allergies/asthma are a real problem here for a lot of folks...JFYI.
Thanks for the info, I'll scratch that area off my list.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
We have a saying here in Arizona. If you didn't have allergies and you move to Arizona, You Will....
I had fairly bad allergies as a kid in Southern California, such that the allergist focused on what I wasn't allergic too :facepalm:

We moved to Arizona 14 years ago and I rarely get allergies and if I do it seems to be from the ventilation system at work. I love living in Arizona compared to California and will never go back. I recommend flying out and visiting the state for a week. See the Grand Canyon in the north, visit Sedona, drive through Phoenix and visit Tucson and go to Tombstone and Bisbee. If your allergies are the same or worse, Arizona may not be for you, but if better it is just another excuse to move to one the best states in the country.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just moved from Hawaii, did all the purchase paperwork via Fedex overnight and I'll be picking up my new Punk'n Orange Unlimited Rubicon from Tempe Dodge next week on our way into town. We'll be living in Tucson so hope to meet you guys out there.
Welcome to Tucson. I am picking up my Hellayella Unlimited Rubicon today in Idaho and will be driving back to Tucson over the next two days with my wife and daughters. I am curious if there is a Tucson specific information location for runs being planned?

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

johnb20

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep wrangler rubicon jl
Vehicle Showcase
First trip on new wheels and km3 37” at mormon lake by flagstaff 37 make it a breeze on the trail. Starting to see a lot more JL’s on way to work on west bound on Indian school downtown Phx

C0D02F87-31FC-471B-95E7-C866ABBE1DDE.jpeg

8756E1FF-E4CC-4B45-9FB7-E5581BB391B3.jpeg

99978E30-A832-47C5-BB1E-D6923BCE610F.jpeg

60DB8EDA-1BA2-4A49-BDFF-90B9DE39AC1B.jpeg

A83B33C4-63B4-4E36-8378-150BEE8A513B.jpeg

887B4DAE-49A6-477B-A685-10161A186A2E.jpeg

24343644-64A7-4BD2-8BEB-DC4AD3581531.jpeg

78BFAB09-9EFA-44AD-8BE5-1BD4AD03C15E.jpeg

Az-jewel

First Name
Julie
Threads
Reaction score
Website
aquajeepgirl.com
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLU Sport S
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
SAHM

shannond12

First Name
Shannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
Ran Broken Arrow and Schnebly today with fam. Gave jeep wave to first few pink jeeps and others and every single one ignored me. Finally gave up and just cruised by without a wave and not a one even acknowledged me. I get that they are there on business, but seems like odd behavior of disdain or at best indifference. Missing something?

PaulWestMusic

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.paulwestmusic.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Professional Musician
Vehicle Showcase
Welcome to Tucson. I am picking up my Hellayella Unlimited Rubicon today in Idaho and will be driving back to Tucson over the next two days with my wife and daughters. I am curious if there is a Tucson specific information location for runs being planned?
I’ve found a couple of pages or groups on Facebook dedicated to the Tucson area off road interests. They seem to keep info posted pretty regularly and random members will also post that they’re going on runs the day before and looking for people to join.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve found a couple of pages or groups on Facebook dedicated to the Tucson area off road interests. They seem to keep info posted pretty regularly and random members will also post that they’re going on runs the day before and looking for people to join.
Thanks for the references. I am applying to a couple of the groups. My girls want to go off roading ... and I don’t want to deprive them. ;)
Sponsored