2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Electronics service technician
Vehicle Showcase
all I remembering was that some trails close due to fire dangers

SEE!!!

:mad: TPTB are TRAIL CLOSURE happy!!! :devil:
:angry:
Ohhh... it’s the snow!!! Ohhh it’s the flooding!!! Ohhh it’s the fire danger!!!
Ohhhh, it’s the... wait... the weathers nice, crap!!... why don’t you go watch a movie! LMMFAO!!

We’re all a buncha idiots for rolling over for it!!

Tell em’ Sean K!!! :punch:
Sponsored

Sean K.

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, TJ, 4Runner, Cummins tow rig, 2 Tube Frame Buggies, Lotus SC Elise, Mazda 3, RAV4 Hybrid
SEE!!!

:mad: TPTB are TRAIL CLOSURE happy!!! :devil:
:angry:
Ohhh... it’s the snow!!! Ohhh it’s the flooding!!! Ohhh it’s the fire danger!!!
Ohhhh, it’s the... wait... the weathers nice, crap!!... why don’t you go watch a movie! LMMFAO!!

We’re all a buncha idiots for rolling over for it!!

Tell em’ Sean K!!! :punch:
I know....preaching to the choir. It's just frustrating. Or....one can take one's chances like a friend did this weekend when he drove around the road closed sign. That's why it's so important to serve on juries. ;) Jury Nullification. For those not familiar: www.fija.org

And a fun quiz too:

Start here (no, you don't have to give your real first name, though that's a rarely enforced felony #4 from this list: http://www.cracked.com/article_19450_6-laws-youve-broken-without-even-realizing-it.html ):

https://www.classmarker.com/online-test/start/?quiz=r3e586c23a2766cf

Short brochure on your rights and how our justice system was supposed to work as envisioned by the founders:

https://fija.org/file_download/inline/f87df86f-9fcc-4a80-92b2-abff74d51ada

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
On MLK Day I got up early to head up Four Peaks Rd and take some photos. I pulled off of Beeline just before sunrise and had the mountain to myself the whole way up - didn't see another soul. I've always wanted to go up and see the views, but owned a tiny passenger car until 6 months ago. Up at the top of the trail the winds were gusting around 40, so the heated steering wheel got put to use after continually fiddling with my camera, with one hand out of my gloves. It's a beautiful and relaxing drive if you get up early and avoid the crowds.

_B3A7838-HDR.jpg

_B3A7844.jpg

_B3A7873-HDR.jpg

_B3A7876.jpg

_B3A7888.jpg

_B3A7932-HDR.jpg

_B3A7948-HDR.jpg
I need to hit that place up. Great pics!

Desert Snow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
NE Phoenix
2019 JL Rubi front and rear bumper take-offs...if you want them hit me up.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Ill be back from my trip in 2 weeks, i hope to hit a few trails those next weekend's if anyone is down. I may have my new skids and maybe even lift by then depending on if Doetsch gets my stuff in. I know its not short notice, but really looking for anyone who wants to do a run the weekend of 3/29 or 4/5. Really I am wide open all april, my wife will be going on a girls trip to Rocky Point late April so will have my daughter that weekend but othwother wide open. By then I will for sure need to test out a the new stuff

Sponsored

Rubicollie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ocean Blue JLUR
Occupation
Veterinarian
Hey all! I picked up my 2019 JLUR factory build on Friday, and have been too busy enjoying it all weekend to post, but wanted to introduce myself! I'm in Chandler (Arizona and Queen Creek). Will slowly start getting this Rubi built up, but looking to explore the desert with it whenever possible! I previously had a 93 Wrangler that was my first vehicle and had gotten it pretty well built over 4 years, so not new to the Jeep game, but happy to be back!

08BBCFC1-5449-402B-9A73-FC2E42023FBA.JPG

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
The issue with HeiHei seem to be getting worse and worse and a buyback is now on the table. Due to that I may end up having some brand new parts that I will be selling that were never installed if they can't be returned. I will post them on our AZ parts page first so local guys / girls get first dibs.

If I do go down the repurchase route I will most likely buy a 2019 Hemi Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. We had a 2017 with the 3.6 and liked it except for the power. We will go back to that as it will do most of the trails we want to hit for now anyways once I put larger, off road focused tires on it. Once the JL has been out longer and all the bugs are out I will 100% go back to it. I really did love mine before all the issues. I may also just buy a 2 door JK rubicon and make it Trail focused and tow it with the Grand Cherokee. Having the JKU for the last few days here in MO have really highlighted how bad the steering is on the JLS that have the issue. I think all will get it at some point, as mine was good for 2500 - 2700 miles before the issue started.

I still hope they can get the new parts in to fix mine soon, and also resolve the coolant leaks. The dealership here in MO did verify and document the leak that Earnhardt said last Thursday that it was not leaking, so at least there is no question about it.

Hope everyone is having a good spring break if you are in the Chandler school district with your children, and happy keeping. Hope to be back on the trails myself sooner than later.

Last edited:

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

The issue with HeiHei seem to be getting worse and worse and a buyback is now on the table. Due to that I may end up having some brand new parts that I will be selling that were never installed if they can't be returned. I will pos me on our AZ parts page first so local guys / girls get first dibs.

If I do go down the repurchase route I will most likely buy a 2019 Hemi Grand Cherokee Trailhawk. We had a 2017 with the 3.6 and liked it except for the power. We will go back to that as it will do most of the trails we want to hit for now anyways once I put larger, off road focused tires on it. Once the JL has been out longer and all the bugs are out I will 100% go back to it. I really did love mine before all the issues. I may also just buy a 2 door JK rubicon and make it Trail focused and tow it with the Grand Cherokee. Having the JKU for the last few days here in MO have really highlighted how bad the steering is on the JLS that have the issue. I think all will get it at some point, as mine was good for 2500 - 2700 miles before the issue started.

I still hope they can get the new parts in to fix mine soon, and also resolve the coolant leaks. The dealership here in MO did verify and document the leak that Earnhardt said last Thursday that it was not leaking, so at least there is no question about it.

Hope everyone is having a good spring break if you are in the Chandler school district with your children, and happy keeping. Hope to be back on the trails myself sooner than later.
Brutal man. I bought my JL from Earnhardt; god help me. LOL. Yes a used trail focused 2 door & nice new Hemi GC would be a killer combo.

Drive safe!

jlsahara

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
The issue with HeiHei seem to be getting worse and worse and a buyback is now on the table. Due to that I may end up having some brand new parts that I will be selling that were never installed if they can't be returned. I will post them on our AZ parts page first so local guys / girls get first dibs.

That sucks but keep us posted on parts (or me st least!). Hope you get this settled one way or another.

Sponsored

OP
OP
jhonn236_AZ

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon

sucks to hear! My JL also has a leak that Earnhardt couldn't figure out - LOL. If it breaks, I'll take it back and let them deal with it - it's theirs anyways (I'm just leasing it) :CWL:

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
sucks to hear! My JL also has a leak that Earnhardt couldn't figure out - LOL. If it breaks, I'll take it back and let them deal with it - it's theirs anyways (I'm just leasing it) :CWL:
Is yours leaking coolant? If so I may be able to help. I was able to find all the spots myself, and after multiple trips Earnhardt fixed all but 2 lol. The dealership here in MO took one look at the pictures I had of the 2 additional spots, and was able to verify that it does leak there. One is a bad hose / clamp to the overflow tank. The other is the lower hose into the radiator. I am happy to meet up and show all the items I took pictures of and we can check yours in the same areas.

Overheating is not something to deal with in AZ summers lol.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
That sucks but keep us posted on parts (or me st least!). Hope you get this settled one way or another.
Thanks! It seems like the new Jeep parts (Track bar and some other links) are fixing the issue with the new design. I am really torn on this as we LOVE our Jeep. But at the same time, it has had issue after issue and is still leaking coolant. Part of me wants another JLUR, parts of me wants another vehicle I can tow with and then just build a dedicated trail rig.

We travel a LOT, so having a vehicle we can drive across country and hit trails was a huge plus for us. That is why the JLUR was such a good fit. But so far it is not working due to the issues. Time will tell, I really don't want to deal with the buyback, or the returning of the 3k plus worth of parts I have coming in already.

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Electronics service technician
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Cypher, sorry about your misfortune with your Jeep. It’ll all work out one way or another. It’s a shame when you can’t spend the amount of money we spend on our rigs and not have a worry free ownership experience. That’s usually one of the big pluses of buying new, and you are being deprived of it like you own some old broke down POS.

Well, hopefully a better experience is on the way for you.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Cypher, sorry about your misfortune with your Jeep. It’ll all work out one way or another. It’s a shame when you can’t spend the amount of money we spend on our rigs and not have a worry free ownership experience. That’s usually one of the big pluses of buying new, and you are being deprived of it like you own some old broke down POS.

Well, hopefully a better experience is on the way for you.
Thanks, getting a little frustrated now. My FCA customer service person has been replaced by some from the corporate executive response team and so far it has not been a good thing. My first rep was working out shipping my jeep home to a local dealer in AZ. As of now that is who knows where. We cut the 2nd week of our trip out where we planned to hit NM, CO, ama UT and are going to just come home. We plan to just drive a few hours a day as it is pretty tough to drive and wears you out.

Its funny, I on multiple occasions talked up how nice my JLUR drove before. We have had it a month, and have 4500 miles on it. So when I hear someone get told they all drive like this I know it's b.s. even mine was great until about 2500 -2700 miles. Since then it is like driving an old farm truck. I drove a 26ft U-Haul box truck from MO to AZ when we moved, towing my wifes be impala on a trailer and it was easier to keep within the lines.

Between the constant coolant leaks, and the new steering issues it has really made it rough to stay positive. The sad part is that I know nothing comes close offroad so part of me still wants to keep it. Im sure i have a tough decision ahead.
Sponsored