Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
Mark
Central Ave and Northern in Phx
Granite Crystal JLU Sport S
Rubi shocks, springs and tires
Steel bumper and Katskinz leather

VERY interested in meeting up for some trails.

20180731_072757.jpg

20180721_163310.jpg
Sponsored

MACCTM

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, Honda Fury motorcycle, Infiniti QX30
Hey all. Does anyone have any offroad shop recommendations? I want to get some bumpers & stuff, have it sent to a shop & have them put it on. Would do myself but have next to no room & hardly any tools atm.
Total Auto Pros on 16th St and Colter in Phx. Great guys. Scott the owner is awesome.

loiacki

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a good app for details on off road trails? I've got the Jeep badge of honor app, but there is only one badge of honor trail in AZ (Sedona) and we're doing that in a couple weeks. I just read someone did the Log Corral Trail to Bartlett Lake and it looks intense. I just want a good app that can give details about the trails - difficultly, how long it takes, ratings/comments/videos from folks who have driven it, etc.

CyBourg

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 07 Honda S2000, 2018 JLU Sport O)|||||(O
Is there a good app for details on off road trails? I've got the Jeep badge of honor app, but there is only one badge of honor trail in AZ (Sedona) and we're doing that in a couple weeks. I just read someone did the Log Corral Trail to Bartlett Lake and it looks intense. I just want a good app that can give details about the trails - difficultly, how long it takes, ratings/comments/videos from folks who have driven it, etc.
All Trails works pretty well.

Sponsored

StephanieW

First Name
Stephanie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Sting-Gray
I like Trails Offroad https://www.trailsoffroad.com/

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Diesel ... 2018 GC Summit
Occupation
Retired
Look up the 2012 edition of "Guide to Arizona Backroads & 4-Wheel-Drive Trails on https://funtreks.com. You can buy just the book, or a microSD card with all of the trails ready for insertion into your Garmin GPS unit, or the combination. Check your local library for a copy of the book ... I did that just to see if it was worth buying ... it was for me. Funtreks has the same set up for Colorado, Utah, and California.

Here are some online sources (a couple were mentioned above) for trails:

https://www.alltrails.com/
http://azoffroading.com/
https://www.trailsoffroad.com/
https://www.jeeptheusa.com/
http://azoffroad.net/

Alltrails looks to be user supported, so it's a little haphazard. Sign up for the free version ... about a month later they will send you a half price offer. Just found azoffroading and haven't spent much time on it yet. I like the trailsoffroad website best so far ... they have a very professional layout. I just discovered jeeptheusa ... find it a little confusing to get started, but it does have .gpx files for a large number of trails in Arizona. Just stumbled upon azoffroad and know nothing about it ... yet.

There is some overlap with all four sources, but some unique trails in each one. Once you decide on a trail, YouTube it and you can get a visual clue of what the trail looks like.

Last edited:

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
My JLUR was ordered on the 4th of April and came in on the 4th of August ... four months of waiting. The funny thing is that last week Thursday we stopped off at a Chinese Restaurant for dinner. This is what my fortune cookie read:
Fortune Cookie.jpg

So the next day I emailed a copy to my salesman just to be obnoxious. He replied; "Your fortune cookie was right, your Jeep is here getting the Pre Delivery Inspection done, hopefully it will be done today." Thus, Saturday morning we completed the exchange of keys. So, if you want information on your order, forget Jeep Chat ... eat at a Chinese Restaurant for really solid info.

Here's a pic of my JLUR in the saddle of a mountain just north of the Tucson Wash. It was a nice easy trail to shake out any problems with the Jeep and the operator. Moving from 19 years in Grand Cherokees to a Wrangler involves some retraining.

Tucson Wash.jpg

The Jeep looks and runs good. In fact, the frame looks like it went through a body shop for painting ... no visible rust. The steering is loose. Even though delivery was in August, the build date was in June, so it looks like the PCM will need to be re-flashed. I already hate the Auto Start/Stop.

Hope to see some of you out on the trails.

Last edited:

47Jeepster

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Is there a good app for details on off road trails? ... I just want a good app that can give details about the trails - difficultly, how long it takes, ratings/comments/videos from folks who have driven it, etc.
I stumbled upon another website last night and took a few minutes to look it over. Found it a little confusing to get started, but there is hope for it since it has a large number of .gpx files to load in your GPS for mapping capability on the trail. I've updated post #158 to keep all trail websites in one place.

I like to upload a proposed trail into Google Earth to get a understanding of where the trail meanders in general. Once in Google Earth you can see if there is only one path or a number of side trails to cause confusion. Then finally, I load the .gpx file into my GPS for on-the-trail guidance. It helped yesterday when a took a branch "more well traveled" that turned out to be the wrong way to the top of the mountain.

Please post what you find good/bad/ugly about the websites.

Papa de Azucar

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 XLT 4x4, '22 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Engineer / Project Manager
My Punk’n JLUR made the @Jeep Instagram page this week!

04DD2F1D-4DD4-459C-A297-F6ED7A4F812C.jpeg

Sponsored

Papa de Azucar

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 F150 XLT 4x4, '22 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Engineer / Project Manager
My Punk’n JLUR made the @Jeep Instagram page this week!

04DD2F1D-4DD4-459C-A297-F6ED7A4F812C.jpeg
Here’s the original picture I took on road trip to New Mexico last month...

BAFCB9FA-5356-4558-8071-AB2C797B5765.jpeg

Brew211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLURM, Tundra, 2022 JLU 392 XR
Vehicle Showcase
Todd
North Peoria: Lake Pleasant & Happy Valley Road

Stock Rubicon............. For now.

matrix311

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1992 YJ, 2004 TJ, 2008 jKUR, 2018 JLUR (on order)
Anyone interested in doing a group run? Something scenic? Was thinking of doing the desert to the pines loop which starts at the base of roosevelt lake and we take young road up north to highway 260. Head west back to Payson and down the beeline back to the valley. We can do trail lunch and then dinner in Payson and home around dark.

https://www.arizonahighways.com/explore/scenic-drives/young-highway

Namib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
jhonn236_AZ

jhonn236_AZ

First Name