Sponsored

Arizona Owners- Anyone else into Long Range Shooting?

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Electronics service technician
Vehicle Showcase
just curious to see if I may have more than Jeeps and wheeling in common with some of you!

Post up if you hunt or enjoy shooting!
Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
just curious to see if I may have more than Jeeps and wheeling in common with some of you!

Post up if you hunt or enjoy shooting!
as soon as my cooling issues are fixed I plan to find good spots to go out and shoot. I moved away from long range, but may venture back that way now that I live here.

I am always up for a good trail or range day, and double if it can be combined.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
Love shooting. Just need to be home to do it.

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Cypher, I’m up in Black Canyon City. Let me know when your cooling issues are fixed, and maybe we can go send a few downrange.

Sean K, no need for steel in long range, if you can drive right up to your target. The place I’m looking at now does not involve the danger of a roll over if you prefer to hear the steel ring. It has 500, 750, and 1000 yd marks. Not a straight range, it’s in the mountains, but a road goes right by all the target stations.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Add me to the private precision shooting thread. Am curious where you’ve found a thousand yard range :movember:

Sponsored

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
I am out here for work but do have my rifle and would love to do some long range work, we are based in Scottsdale. Been out exploring and have only come up on short range spots

OP
OP
wildcat455

wildcat455

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon 2.0L
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Add me to the private precision shooting thread. Am curious where you’ve found a thousand yard range :movember:
LOL!
About 2-3 miles from "downtown" Black Canyon City. It's desert shooting, not a "range" per se. I haven't even shot there yet, just went looking one day and stumbled across it.

I will ask those that go out there with me, not to share the location with anyone else.
I don't need it destroyed, or to compete with anyone else for its use.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I currently don't even own a distance rifle. I used to, but finding a place to go out past 300yrds near me (stationed in VA, live in NC) has proven difficult. Need to meet more folks with land....and less trees.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I am but live in Tucson. Need to work on accuracy for next fall's whitetail season.

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
I currently don't even own a distance rifle. I used to, but finding a place to go out past 300yrds near me (stationed in VA, live in NC) has proven difficult. Need to meet more folks with land....and less trees.

same here, I sold my long range setup as there was nowhere close in MO to use it. I swapped over to short to med. range stuff that was easier to take out. I still have a new .300 BLK AR that I need to test out that has never even been fired. if I like the cartridge I may swap out a few more items. always looking to upgrade.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
same here, I sold my long range setup as there was nowhere close in MO to use it. I swapped over to short to med. range stuff that was easier to take out. I still have a new .300 BLK AR that I need to test out that has never even been fired. if I like the cartridge I may swap out a few more items. always looking to upgrade.
Nice! I have a lower I need to build out, but can't decide what I want to do with it. Pistol, SBR, precision.....another AR..... lol The other AR I built is awesome and I can probably do up a longer barrel for distance with that. Decisions decisions decisions.... I can't do anything until I'm home from deployment anyway, so no stress.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I have a lower I need to build out, but can't decide what I want to do with it. Pistol, SBR, precision.....another AR..... lol The other AR I built is awesome and I can probably do up a longer barrel for distance with that. Decisions decisions decisions.... I can't do anything until I'm home from deployment anyway, so no stress.
I was weary of building the .300 BLK, but I ended up doing it over about a year. I made a list of exactly what I wanted and waited for a sale on it. I ended up with a pretty sweet AR pistol with the SB brace. I actually moved away from DI ARs years ago to the Adams piston system. I will be interested to see how .300 blk does with the short Barrel and DI.

BLLFRG

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 FX4
I was weary of building the .300 BLK, but I ended up doing it over about a year. I made a list of exactly what I wanted and waited for a sale on it. I ended up with a pretty sweet AR pistol with the SB brace. I actually moved away from DI ARs years ago to the Adams piston system. I will be interested to see how .300 blk does with the short Barrel and DI.
Since it was designed around a 9" barrel it should work perfectly.

I am considering a 9" 5.56/.223 build with a Spider Tactical Barking Spider or Novak Flaming Pig. Then grab a .22 conversion for it.

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
Since it was designed around a 9" barrel it should work perfectly.

I am considering a 9" 5.56/.223 build with a Spider Tactical Barking Spider or Novak Flaming Pig. Then grab a .22 conversion for it.
shoot me an IM, I will send you a picture of my build. seems we have pretty similar taste.
Sponsored