Sponsored

Arizona Owners- Anyone else into Long Range Shooting?

wibornz

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Retired from Corrections....I have stories.
Sadly, in Michigan, it is hard to find any ranges over 200 yards. We have tree problems. You can go up north and shoot, but nothing that is range type shooting. Them dam trees get in the way.

I do have steel set up at my house with the farthest being 284 yards. I will walk through the dinning room look out the window, see the steel, go grab a rifle and put a round or two down on the steel here and there or I will see an occasional woodchuck and get a shot in. It would be nice to have an opportunity shoot out further at a range.

With the price of ammo lately, it is making me want to fire up the Dillion xl650 again.
Sponsored

Abramovich

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S (Chief) and 2022 Willys XR (Gobi) ord
Occupation
Retired
With the price of ammo lately, it is making me want to fire up the Dillion xl650 again.
Sadly, reloading components have gone up in price as well, and some components are very hard to find right now. My Dillon 550b gets a workout when I can find primers.

Blackey

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Recon JL
I use to stock up on components a couple times a year at sass big matches like the national and world championships I would call a couple months prior to each let them know the powder, how much how manny flats of each primers I needed and then make another call to my bullet suppler and give him a breakdown on caliber weight and type. The pick them up and pay for them if I did not pay previously . That. Saved a ton on shipping and hazmat fees. I still have a year or two order in storage. Now my bullets a poly coated lead iirc no jacket as I recalled. got stuff for 38/357, 40/38-40, 9mm, 45 cap,, 45 colt, 556,300,308 as I recall shotgun is the only thing I’m low on because lead shot had went thrushes roof. Ce my setup is complete it will have a MEC 550 press iirc the model correctly, a RCBS Rock Chucker2, 2 Dillon 550 presses al on strong mounts.

Foggy47

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, billet silver w/ 1 touch sky top. Honda Ridgeline for gentleman's pickup needs.
Occupation
Retired with hobbies. Golf, Fishing, Hunting, Sploring
Sadly, reloading components have gone up in price as well, and some components are very hard to find right now. My Dillon 550b gets a workout when I can find primers.
I bought a whole bunch of primers about 20 years ago after a big primer scare. I was into Prairie Dog shooting an target shooting back then. Anyway.....I think I have 50,000 primers or so. I'd sell 1/2 of those primers now.....and likely have enough to fill my needs today. Lots of small and large rifle primers. I just wont try to ship em.......and they are in MN.

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
I am out here for work but do have my rifle and would love to do some long range work, we are based in Scottsdale. Been out exploring and have only come up on short range spots
If you wanted to travel, a friend has a range and training facility outside Gillette, Wy with 1800 meter rifle lanes. D and L sports.
One of the best Smithies in the world too. Very well known in the Devgru, CAG world.

jlopes68

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
ordered February 1st. 2018 2 DR JL rubicon, 3.6, auto, FC Red, cloth seats, soft top, LED, Alpine, Tow, steel bumpers. 2007 jk, 2006 F350, 2000 Excursion
Occupation
Construction
Vehicle Showcase
If you wanted to travel, a friend has a range and training facility outside Gillette, Wy with 1800 meter rifle lanes. D and L sports.
One of the best Smithies in the world too. Very well known in the Devgru, CAG world.
thx, that would be quite a trip tho, im back in Ca
Sponsored