Sponsored

Arizona JL Owners - summer heat getting your engine temps up?

thadude

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport - 2D Mojito
Very late here, but we hit temps in the 80's in Philly recently. Took my '18 JL 2.0 for a 45 minute ride, about midway though I noticed the super loud fan kick on. I noticed it last summer but I thought it was just during periods of high temps. I did not expect this for temps in the low 80's.

Also reassured others have this noise, but just slightly concerned since it wasn't even THAT warm. Still normal you think?
Sponsored

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
Very late here, but we hit temps in the 80's in Philly recently. Took my '18 JL 2.0 for a 45 minute ride, about midway though I noticed the super loud fan kick on. I noticed it last summer but I thought it was just during periods of high temps. I did not expect this for temps in the low 80's.

Also reassured others have this noise, but just slightly concerned since it wasn't even THAT warm. Still normal you think?
It has more to do with the A/C, did you have the A/C cranked, on MAX or a very low setting?

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
There's a TSB that fixes the loud fan noise. Well, it lowers it from "Jet engine" to "Car". If you search around for "fan noise" you'll probably find it. I brought it to my dealer and they applied the software update and that fixed it.

mgroeger

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0T, 1991 YJ rock crawler
Occupation
I make microchips for a living.
Vehicle Showcase
There's a TSB that fixes the loud fan noise. Well, it lowers it from "Jet engine" to "Car". If you search around for "fan noise" you'll probably find it. I brought it to my dealer and they applied the software update and that fixed it.
I guess I'm weird since I like it, it tells me there is a ton of air being moved over that hot engine. My guess is it was designed that way and then when people complained they dumbed it down a tick.

thadude

First Name
PJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport - 2D Mojito
I guess I'm weird since I like it, it tells me there is a ton of air being moved over that hot engine. My guess is it was designed that way and then when people complained they dumbed it down a tick.
Much appreciated. Just making sure it's "normal". I did not have the A/C cranked per-say, maybe turned it up about 4-5 clocks, not even half blast I don't think.

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I am having an issue and need to get some feedback from my fellow Arizona JL owners. I think my Rubi is running hot now that the temperatures have risen, but it could be my imagination/paranoia because of a couple recent issues. I had zero problems last summer, but I also didn't monitor the temps like a hawk. Could you guys tell me what your coolant and oil avg/high running temps are? My commute is 26 miles each way, so it takes a bit to get to max temp, but once it gets there it will drop when my RPM's are lower, and go right back up as soon as I accelerate.
I have notice that my 2019 JLUR 3.6 6-speed runs about 197˚ consistently on the highway and the oil is either 203˚ with no A/C or 208˚ with the A/C on. It was like this since I got it in July 2019. I will take the highway today and see what she runs at. I run in 6th gear and usually cruise on the highway at 65 - 69 mph and am right at 2000 rpm or slightly above.

As others have stated I have seen 240˚ for both coolant and oil when off-roading. I run Amsoil 0W-20 Signature Series synthetic oil.
Sponsored