Aries JL Tube-Style Running Boards Grossly Underpriced on Amazon

SpeedKills

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport S 2-Door, 2008 Rubicon 2-Door,2014 Ram 1500, 2013 CRF250L
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SC4CL2D/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I don't know whether it is because they are mislabeled or on clearance, but these steps are normally $300+ and are currently priced at $131.

I had a set on our JL until today and loved them. They have good welds, good powdercoat, and good protection from road debris. We took them off because my wife is short and needed a lower step. I found this Amazon deal when I was looking for a reference price to sell mine on Facebook. I'll have to wait until the goes up before I can sell mine. Good luck!

Edit: To be clear, I don't know this vendor or have any monetary interest in this item. I just like the running boards and thought I'd share a good deal.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Yngwie

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sarge Green JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Weird listing:
Listed for Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited 2-Door... "Unlimited 2-Door..." Isn't that an oxymoron?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Weird listing:
Listed for Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited 2-Door... "Unlimited 2-Door..." Isn't that an oxymoron?
It's for a JL. It says so in the description:

"This set of side steps fits select models of the Jeep Wrangler JL 2-door."

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SC4CL2D/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I don't know whether it is because they are mislabeled or on clearance, but these steps are normally $300+ and are currently priced at $131.

I had a set on our JL until today and loved them. They have good welds, good powdercoat, and good protection from road debris. We took them off because my wife is short and needed a lower step. I found this Amazon deal when I was looking for a reference price to sell mine on Facebook. I'll have to wait until the goes up before I can sell mine. Good luck!

Edit: To be clear, I don't know this vendor or have any monetary interest in this item. I just like the running boards and thought I'd share a good deal.

How hard was the install? Did you have any bolts break?

Stingrey

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JTR & 2015 RR
Occupation
Civil Eng.

Point being made is that there is no such thing as an "Unlimited 2 Door" as described in the Amazon item title.

ARIES 2074119 Black Steel Rocker Step Guard Running Boards Select Jeep Wrangler JL Unlimited 2-Door

Sponsored

OP
OP
SpeedKills

SpeedKills

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How hard was the install? Did you have any bolts break?
the installation is simple. It took 20 minutes and I spent 10 of that adjusting the two for symmetry. Bolt breakage isn't a problem for this install because you don't have to remove the body mount bolts.

Chris2183

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S (Sold) 2021 JLU Willys
I've had a set of these on my JK for a couple of years now. They are pretty nice especially at that price.

Huskywrangler

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
the installation is simple. It took 20 minutes and I spent 10 of that adjusting the two for symmetry. Bolt breakage isn't a problem for this install because you don't have to remove the body mount bolts.
And just to be clear. You have a 2 door and they fit?

OP
OP
SpeedKills

SpeedKills

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

And just to be clear. You have a 2 door and they fit?
Mine do, but I recommend you cross-check the part number with the Aries website just to confirm it's for a two-door despite the erroneous description.

Last edited: