First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Success Engineer
The center console already has a lock on it though. Do you feel it’s inadequate?
Well, look at that! I saw the lock on the glove box, but I don't think I would have noticed the lock on the center console. Thanks.

I will say I just checked it out and it didn't inspire a lot of confidence. It looked like you could probably rip the top off anyway if you were motivated. I don't know that I'd leave my gun in there but I can't remember the last time I had the gun in the car unless I was going to the range anyway.
Sponsored

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
The very large majority of crime is the crime of opportunity. In other words, the large majority of thieves go for easy targets. They are thieves, in part, because they are lazy. The large majority of stolen cars (at least in my area) and items in cars is because they are unlocked. If a thief was to break into a locked center console, they would probably break into most anything as they don't care what they damage to gain entry. I am of course generalizing this. I do not lock my door into the house from the garage. If they break into my garage, all I have done was cause them to damage my door from the garage into the house as an example. Again, I'm sure some areas are different.

Jocko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hydro Blue 4xe Rubicon
I have my doors off all the time. That’s when it’s nice to have the Tuffy console insert locked with the stock center console and glove compartment unlocked. Those would take minimal effort to break open, but the Tuffy insert isn‘t getting opened by a casual thief.

If I wasn’t a doors-off nut, I don’t think I’d have gotten the console insert. But it’s great for that use case.

Sboden

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4Xe, 2.5" lift, 17" wheels, 37" tires
I have my doors off all the time. That’s when it’s nice to have the Tuffy console insert locked with the stock center console and glove compartment unlocked. Those would take minimal effort to break open, but the Tuffy insert isn‘t getting opened by a casual thief.

If I wasn’t a doors-off nut, I don’t think I’d have gotten the console insert. But it’s great for that use case.
I was just making a generalized statement. Doors off is definitely a crime of opportunity :). I completely agree with doing this for those of us who have the doors off a lot. I also like the lockable storage in the cargo area.
Sponsored