Sponsored

Are you waiting on a Stand Alone Carrier or a New Bumper with Carrier after SEMA?

Stand alone Tire Carrier or Rear Bumper with Tire Carrier?

• Total voters

BrnxBomr2

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Willys Recon
Alright guys, I wanted to take a general poll as most of you are in the same boat on waiting for the right tire carrier. I purchased the Mopar reinforcement bracket and like most of you, after having a JK and knowing that they cannot withstand the weight of a 100+ lb tire & wheel combo, I reluctantly put my heavy Fuel & Nitto wheels on it the JL Mopar kit. I felt like it was going to fall off after going over a RR crossing. So, with SEMA just wrapping up and the new products being teased in front of us, which products are you leaning towards when they are released? I am undecided and wanted to see what the general consensus is. I cannot decide between a HD carrier (ACE or Rugged Ridge) with the Teraflex tire mount or a AEV rear bumper with tire carrier. What's your thoughts?
Sponsored

IndustrialAction

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
When I have the spare change I'm going to get the LOD Destroyer bumper with options

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I’m this close to the LoD bumper & tire carrier with all the fixins. I like the AEV bumper more but they don’t seem to have the huge range of accessory options that LoD offers. If I could attach the LoD tire carrier to the AEV bumper we’d be getting somewhere.

ads75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2Door JL Rubicon in Mojito, 2022 Rivian R1T
I’m this close to the LoD bumper & tire carrier with all the fixins. I like the AEV bumper more but they don’t seem to have the huge range of accessory options that LoD offers. If I could attach the LoD tire carrier to the AEV bumper we’d be getting somewhere.
Quadratecs AEV youtube video talks about a possible 2nd swingout option on the AEV read bumper. They did say its all prototype right now, but maybe the 2nd swingout option can become a place for additional mounts. I also like both the AEV and LoD, it may eventually come to the other things that I buy, what matches the theme more.

Sponsored

richk225

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392Rubicon XR 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Occupation
retired due to broken back
I think I did my first post on this back in May, and at that time it seemed like I was the only one with a 35” tire mounted on the tailgate with Mopar rip off support and a Smittybilt bracket to raise the tire to clear the bumper. Look at what skyjacker did for the JL. For the time being I have been using a home made support from the hitch. So far I have made several of a different design and no rattle or twisting of the gate.
Check out what ACE Manufacturing has done for the JL, a bullet proof setup just like JK was.

0693D7E2-5111-4B03-B8ED-5A79CD027E0F.jpeg

Stickerhead

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1997 TJ on 37’s, 2017 Powerstoke Tow Pig
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the Warn Elite combo tire carrier. The door swings with carrier. Had it on my JK and liked it. Did not squeak or rattle if adjusted correctly.

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
LoD with tire carrier ordered. Just makes sense to get the weight off the door and body and tie it directly to the frame. Should be arriving in mid January.

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
L
LOD smokes AEV every day of the week...

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon