Sponsored

Are you leaving your "Wrangler Unlimited" stickers on your jeep?

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
They look like this

20180714_170926.jpg
Hey...I done that too...but I only painted the removable caliper part, not the whole assembly. Really pops in the wheel!
37079255_10217092758939235_8107532687176105984_n.jpg
Sponsored

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Thanks man! I'm just not sure how long its gonna stay like that, as I had stickers all over my last jeep lol. I really like the clean look though!
So what made you go from a lot to none? Are you planning on putting custom ones in their place?

EJ3CTA

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Is there a video you would recommend for plastidipping? I have never done it before and am nervous I am going to get it on the paint. Looks great btw!
Get some painter's tape and some old newspaper. Tape off a square area around your emblems and then tape some newspaper down to prevent the Plasti-Dip from spreading to other areas of the Jeep. You want to leave at least an inch of paint around the emblems exposed because that is where you will start peeling off the excess.

The first coat should be very light (if you spray some over the tape the end will be much easier). Let it sit 15 minutes and then do another light coat, this time at an angle so you get the top or bottom of the emblems. Wait another 15 minutes and get the side you haven't done, yet. Once you have that done you can apply heavier coats. For the best results you want to do around six, counting the first three layers. Make sure you let each layer dry before applying the next. After letting the last layer dry remove the newspaper and the tape. As you pull the tape the Plasti-Dip that is on your paint will start to peel off. Peel slowly and it will come off easily. I used a toothpick to get the Plasti-Dip out of the emblems. I couldn't find a flat toothpick like the video I found suggested so I bought some large sandwich toothpicks and dulled the point slightly.

The nice thing with Plasti-Dip is that you can peel it off and start again if you aren't happy with the results. This was my first time using it and it was actually kind of fun!

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
So what made you go from a lot to none? Are you planning on putting custom ones in their place?
Initially I was just going to take off the Rubicon sticker and paint the jeep emblem black, but once I got them both off I thought the jeep looked much cleaner with no decals/emblems. If I get a name I may add it to the hood or make a smaller one for the side somewhere, but for now I love the blank slate look!

Get some painter's tape and some old newspaper. Tape off a square area around your emblems and then tape some newspaper down to prevent the Plasti-Dip from spreading to other areas of the Jeep. You want to leave at least an inch of paint around the emblems exposed because that is where you will start peeling off the excess.

The first coat should be very light (if you spray some over the tape the end will be much easier). Let it sit 15 minutes and then do another light coat, this time at an angle so you get the top or bottom of the emblems. Wait another 15 minutes and get the side you haven't done, yet. Once you have that done you can apply heavier coats. For the best results you want to do around six, counting the first three layers. Make sure you let each layer dry before applying the next. After letting the last layer dry remove the newspaper and the tape. As you pull the tape the Plasti-Dip that is on your paint will start to peel off. Peel slowly and it will come off easily. I used a toothpick to get the Plasti-Dip out of the emblems. I couldn't find a flat toothpick like the video I found suggested so I bought some large sandwich toothpicks and dulled the point slightly.

The nice thing with Plasti-Dip is that you can peel it off and start again if you aren't happy with the results. This was my first time using it and it was actually kind of fun!
Totally agree ^. Also if you dont leave the inch of paint around the emblems, and there are just small pieces of plasti dip around the emblems, it will be a pain to get the little bit of plasti dip off of the paint.
If you are skeptical of getting plasti dip on your paint, just find a little paint to plasti dip that you wont see such as in your door to spray. Just make sure if you do this with a few coats, as it's harder to get off plasti dip if you just do one coat that looks like over spray vs. a solid layer of plasti dip...

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
Man I dont know. That was some of the strongest glue I've ever seen as far as adhesive! Lol
Mine came out very easy. Just peel of and after I waxed a little the area. Boom. Gone.

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Mine came out very easy. Just peel of and after I waxed a little the area. Boom. Gone.
I think my secondary post should have specified that the strong adhesive I was referring to was the jeep emblem itself and not the sticker :) I apologize!

MYAMIA

First Name
MyA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara JL 2018
I am swapping out my Jeep emblems to a red background (It came chrome like most of everyone's, and definitely not a chrome guy), and I am not a sticker person whatsoever.

20180713_132400.jpg

Are you all leaving or keeping yours on there? I think I am going to take mine off.

20180713_132415.jpg
I would suggest every owner should remove those stickers. Looks bad and are too crowded. It´s one of the first I did. Just left the chromed "Jeep" and "Sahara" emblems. Stickers gone really easy just peeling it off with my nails. No hot gun needed. Now when I see jeeps with Wrangler stickers I would like to suggest the owner to get rid of them. Lol.

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
De- badged all of my jeeps since 2007 only leave JEEP and trail rated badge. On my current JLUR left Rubicon on the hood ,Jeep and Trail rated badge.

When I sold or traded in my previous Jeeps, I thought I have to put the stickers back on but dealer and private party never even asked where are all the Jeep stickers?

Jrauck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep Wrangler TJ
Took them off today...thank god I did. The black decals on ocean blue was a weird factory choice, and one I'm happy to have cleaned up quite a bit!

xL1B9pS.jpg

CD94l9l.jpg
Just out of curiosity, do you feel that the Jeep emblem looks like it was randomly just put there now that the other stickers are gone. I was tempted on leaving the Jeep decal, but felt it looked weird like this l, so I took everything off... just my 2 cents

Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking about removing the Wrangler Unlimited stickers. I just put a nice metal plaque American flag on each side, above the Jeep logo. I think it will clean it up a bit.
yq9EvBy.jpg

STLYoungblood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Ocean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Just out of curiosity, do you feel that the Jeep emblem looks like it was randomly just put there now that the other stickers are gone. I was tempted on leaving the Jeep decal, but felt it looked weird like this l, so I took everything off... just my 2 cents
Not really. They are level and evenly spaced, so they feel like they were still there with purpose. You made me nervous reading that lol, but after looking again, I'm still happy with the decision.

OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will not be participating in this forum as of 8/31/2018. It's been a fun ride, but it's time to move on. Take care. - Dustin
Occupation
Hey...I done that too...but I only painted the removable caliper part, not the whole assembly. Really pops in the wheel!
37079255_10217092758939235_8107532687176105984_n.jpg
post a pic of your jeep so we can see them in comparison with @MALL R8D

JoeValkIS

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon, 2019 Can Am Spyder F3T
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

JeepJL18

First Name
Jeep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Here you go...

Roxy_7-13-2018.jpg
Super nice. Did you take all 4 wheels off at the time, or individually? Also, which brand of caliper paint?
Sponsored