Sponsored

Are you guys going to make Core Doors for the JL, or not?

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I don’t understand why these aren’t on the radar. Did the JK doors not sell enough to justify JL doors to the bean counters at Bestop? That’s the only thing that makes sense in this, and jives with what one of your employees said to me.
Sponsored

Bestop

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
The Bestop Team
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU
Hello Everyone,

We are currently on hold for manufacturing of all of our Core Doors. Where we would love to offer this product for JL, that is not something we will be able to offer in the near future.

ghost

First Name
Bradley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport
@Bestop i miss the half hard uppers from the tj’s. You’re welcome to filch my idea, just toss me a set😉 C’MON! Loss leader, staying relevant, the good fight, surely there’s someway we can sway your management!

Valpo Jeep

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mas Ghibli, 18 JLU, 05 Gulfstream RV
I really don't blame @Bestop for not wanting to pursue them. The JK has been around from 2007 to 2017/18 and it took the OP 4 years after the JK was discontinued to see the first set of them. To me that says that Bestop designed and built them but hardly sold them and probably did not recoup much of the design $$.

With all the other options on the market its kind of a wasted effort to add another option to a very limited market. My area I bet it is 1 in 10 Wranglers I see on the road that have even taken the factory doors off and go doorless.

ChuckQue

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Clubs

I really don't blame @Bestop for not wanting to pursue them. The JK has been around from 2007 to 2017/18 and it took the OP 4 years after the JK was discontinued to see the first set of them. To me that says that Bestop designed and built them but hardly sold them and probably did not recoup much of the design $$.

With all the other options on the market its kind of a wasted effort to add another option to a very limited market. My area I bet it is 1 in 10 Wranglers I see on the road that have even taken the factory doors off and go doorless.
1/10? I doubt it’s even that high. Probably 1/100, if that. Hell, most Wranglers these days don’t even leave pavement.

Sponsored

1BadDad

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
IT Innovator
@Bestop would you be willing to sell the design for someone else to manufacture and profit from the demand?

MayThe4x4BWU

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLURXR
Occupation
IT Small Business Owner
For fun and because I'm bored as always on New Years Eve, I priced together 2 fully Mopar front door self assemble "kits" for the JL from Quadratec's website. Came out to over $3,200 just for the doors (no uppers of any type)

Seriously, for as popular as the Wrangler is, I say again how bizarre it is that there are no fabricators out there (I get the pandemic has scared a lot of small businesses into submission along with material shortages thanks to it) but for how long the JL has been out, I'm surprised no company has taken the factory 1/2 doors and run with some type of OEM equivalent offering since 2018 🙃
Sponsored